Britannic League Battleships (White Sector)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 am

Dinoreich today: Great excitement has seized the Garrison at Despond, - the rumor that a former Yellow Sector Ironclad is to be transfered to the White Sector has been proven true. 'King Harold', the last of the 'Monarch' class of Dreadnoughts is presently in orbit above Dinoreich..........

Yes at last the White Sector has a heavyweight capital ship to call its own. I built 'King Harold' in pretty much its original condition save for a more modern (relatively speaking) auxillary engine having been fitted during some past overhaul. These old battleships rely on the ferocity of their broadside to cower the foe, but unfortunately the 'Monarch' class was never particularly fast or manoverable which means that faced with a modern adversary they are either shot to sphincters before they can bring their guns to bear, or the else the foe beggars off well out of range while the elderly Ironclad is still manovering for a broadside.
After having been a training ship for countless Yellow Sector Naval cadets and then finally doing duty as an orbital gun battery above a prison colony 'King Harold' was sent to the White Sector more as a joke than anything else. Nobody ever expected that the ancient Dreadnought would be put back into service; - surely not even White Sector Command was that optimistic!
:wink:

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:49 am

Now that is great ship! :guinness:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 am

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING LORD :shock:

Make it so the turrets can turn, and you got one helluva ship...
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Woah.
Communique from Grand Admiral Horatio Desilva of the yellow wrote:It really is no bother for me to transfer to you HMS King Harold. The Bismarck and the [CLASSIFIED] already outclass most of the Silvarian and Fenian ships. Cheers,
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 pm

I love the turret on the bottom of the King Herold. It gives the ship more character. :)

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Silverdream wrote:Woah.
Communique from Grand Admiral Horatio Desilva of the yellow wrote:It really is no bother for me to transfer to you HMS King Harold. The Bismarck and the [CLASSIFIED] already outclass most of the Silvarian and Fenian ships. Cheers,
Communique from Admiral Stella Maris of the White
Our thanks for so quickly effecting the transfer of HMS King Harold to us. It is our hope that this venerable battleship shall become the jewel in our crown and shall put the foul slavers of the Negaverse to flight with the righteous fury of her guns.
God save the Queen!
@Bragallot. I'm working on tracking down the bits and pieces necessary to get the turrets to turn. Now that I've got 'Vulcan', 'Pegasus' and 'King Harold' all with the same type of turret it's becoming somewhat blindingly obvious that I have to do something about it.

The lower hull mounted turret is pretty much a standard design feature of all the older Britannian Ironclads, but it was a bit more difficult to fit one to 'King Harold' because it's much more narrow in the hull than my other ships. I might change the design of the turret or perhaps fit two smaller turrets instead.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:53 am

The Words of the Lord Prime Minister Arthur Wellesley in the Houses of Parliament wrote: ...I rest secure in the knowledge that the White sector remains in the firm grip of a Britannian Admiral that knows her business. I don't know what effect these ships will have on the enemy, but by the Gods, they terrify me.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:26 am

Well that Admiral like a clumsy clod went and swept the entire White Sector Navy onto the floor this evening. Fortunately little damage was done with mainly just funnels, engines and turrets getting knocked off. The actual hull structure itself on these three ships seems to be surprisingly strong.
I finally found all my funnel making bricks which means that I could at last give HMS King Harold funnels that matched the rest of the ship. Not that the funnels are actually funnels since they are on space ships, but are aetheric ionisation cooling towers instead.
Then it was just a nice grouping of cannons for shooting small fry and a White Sector pennant (which is in actual fact a big square of white painted iron plate) and HMS King Harold was good to go. :D

The Naval Dockyards on New Glasgow have reported back that they can't fit OT boosters to 'King Harold' as they've done for 'Vulcan' and 'Pegasus' because the increased engine power would severely strain the hull structure on a vessel that is already some 150 years old and one that has also dispensed innumerable thundering great broadsides upon the Britannian League's foes.
So it looks like tactics will involve 'King Harold' standing off and pounding enemy shipping while the much faster 'Vulcan' and Pegasus' provide a protective screen for the old Dreadnought.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:59 am

This fleet has such character!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 am

That wasn't a sweeping accident, that was underhanded French sabotage. You're clearly suffering the effects of some sort of hallucinogenic gas attack. I think this last ship is frikin wonderful.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:40 pm

King Harold's a beautiful design, definitely your most awesome so far. Nice work!

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:43 am

Now that is a dreadnought! My only concern is that the plans for my super dreadnought wont be big enough to qualify. I need a break from this vacation and need to get back to lego... The hulls do look solid btw, I can belive that little damage was done. Needs Moar. DEATH dealing capabilities in the form of guns and cannons and fighters and salary, to truly be classified as a dreadnought though.... or maybe I have been looking at warheads stuff for to long...

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:25 am

Skyian Leader wrote:Now that is a dreadnought! My only concern is that the plans for my super dreadnought wont be big enough to qualify. I need a break from this vacation and need to get back to lego... The hulls do look solid btw, I can belive that little damage was done. Needs Moar. DEATH dealing capabilities in the form of guns and cannons and fighters and salary, to truly be classified as a dreadnought though.... or maybe I have been looking at warheads stuff for to long...
Ha ha, - perhaps you have been looking at Warhead's fleet for too long. First of all I must point out that these aren't Micro-scale ships as they are made to a larger sizing that falls vaguely somewhere between Micro-scale and Minifig scale. In terms of comparative sizing four or so of HMS 'King Harold' would be needed to make one of Warhead's Immortal Flagship if they were built to the same scale.
The ships of my White Sector Britannian Fleet weren't even built in the same century as almost every other ship model you might've seen on the forum and would be outmanovered and outclassed by most of them. The sole thing my old Ironclads have going for them is their capacity for a thundering broadside from their huge but antiquated ion discharge cannons. If they miss, they are sunk, - literally, - because the cannons have to be recharged and that takes more time than modern naval warfare usually allows for.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but i'd been thinking about your ships scale (and I really like it).

Tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems that your scale might basically be one stud length of brick (about 5/16 inch) is like a 5' x 5' square area. Also it closely matches the "Epic Scale" used by Games Workshop games "Space Marine," "Adeptus Titanicus" and similar which use 6mm miniatures.

This would make it really easy to think about scale if one is already familiar with using 5' x 5' grid squares in table top RPG's and wargames.

Though I could be wrong, and maybe further confusing things, lol. If you ARE using the above referenced scale, I will jump on the bandwagon and do the same.

EDIT: and if this scale isn't already named, I'd call it "Empire Scale" (inspired by the Britannians)
Last edited by Jbgarrison on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 pm

In that case those cannons are F*cling big cannons. A barrel with a 5' radius, my, your firing cars at people (well, at least itallian cars)