Britannian White Sector Militias.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:19 am

Due to the interest in my Steam Powered Troopers I thought I'd show you the newly arrived Mk III model that has been built to the specs of the Royal Marines.

The Mk III has many similarities to the earlier Mk II, the main difference being in the occular and central processing unit (its head) and the mounting for the heavy cannon. The upper leg joints are also reinforced as compared with the Mk II.
Already the Dinoreich Militia's Mk II Steam Powered Trooper has benefited from the Mk III's arrival as the mounting for its two pounder cannon has been rebuilt to the new design which has made it much safer in the heat of battle (It would sometimes come adrift when fired).

I think this will be the only Mk III to arrive on Dinoreich as it will be more likely for obsolete Mk IIs to be sent from now on as the Mk III replaces them in the other sectors of the Britannian League.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:02 am

Looking good!

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 am

MAn those look nice!

but are any of the other factions getting any attention?

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:MAn those look nice!

but are any of the other factions getting any attention?
I'm planning on doing some work on the Austrian guys from the Prussian Hegemancy next. Getting suitable bits for them has been a little harder than for the Brits.

I've got a bunch of fireman's helmets to carve into French WW1 era helmets too so you'll be seeing some more of them as well :D

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:10 pm

What ho! Jolly spiffing Admiral, what, what! Dashed fine body of men and machinery, do carry on you know.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 pm

What sort of machines do you have in mind for the other factions?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Pwnerade wrote:What sort of machines do you have in mind for the other factions?
Well everyone has enough of the really big fighting walking machines based on Bionicle parts so I'm not worried about anymore of those, but I will be building more of the 'Trooper' mechanical men for each faction. The trick though is going to be designing a mechanical man that is essentially different for each faction and looks like it belongs.
Otherwise there might be the odd armoured car and field gun. If there are any tanks they will only be light ones like the French F17.

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Good job on this army. I really like the old fashioned style of the army, along with the idea that anything could go wrong can. The hint of steam punk was a good touch, to finish it off. I like the newspaper shots as well.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:49 pm

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for Austrians.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Skyian Leader wrote:Good job on this army. I really like the old fashioned style of the army, along with the idea that anything could go wrong can. The hint of steam punk was a good touch, to finish it off. I like the newspaper shots as well.
Thanks Sky :D I get a lot of fun from my intrepid Brits doing their best to uphold the Empire out at the ends of the galaxy.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:34 am

My Austrians aren't quite ready for photos yet as I'm still making up my mind about details.

In other news from Dinoreich the prototype Mk 1 Steam Powered Trooper 'Smiley' was caught by Sergeant Thunder attempting to sabotage a consignment of Mk 2 Steam Powered Troopers........

There have been disturbing reports of Cloan activity along the borders of the White Sector. Slaver incursions from the Negaverse have become more daring and there is a very real threat that a military invasion may be attempted......

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Clone brand or no clone brand, that's a cool jeep.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 pm

I like how they do their sandbags. Another brick type.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Yes the clone sets have some useful bricks in them and the sandbags are a good example. What lets the clone sets down is that the quality can be variable. Some things in a set can be very good and other things are just plain poor. I've heard it said by some folk that COGO bricks don't hold together well, but if that's so how come I have so much trouble getting them apart! Just as well I tend not to dismantle my MOCs once they're built.
The other thing is some of their construction designs aren't so well thought out. That jeep is a case in point; - as designed the whole front would keep falling off because it basically hangs on just four studs and I had to work in some additional internal strengthening so it would hold together. Now it's good and I got another set just yesterday so I can build a second one.