Akkadian and Assyrian Micro Space

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:50 am

Warhead wrote:Natalya, those ships look bloody marvellous! Can't wait to see the action. 8)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:18 am

Bragallot wrote:
Warhead wrote:Natalya, those ships look bloody marvellous! Can't wait to see the action. 8)
Definitely agree :D

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Jbgarrison wrote:It seems that the Akkadian juggernaut is about the same size as a typical Brittanian cruiser. IF they are using even remotely the same scale, then you can imagine that one little minifig could be comfortably huddled in the space of one stud, and uncomfortably, two or three minifigs could occupy that space.

The whole Akkadian nation fits in there?

I'm thinking that people might be misinterpreting each others' scale here? Or maybe its just me reading too deeply into things. :P

Nope, I wasn't trying to make it to scale with anyone else's... just wanted it to look cool. And also, yeah.... the Akkadians needed to have some form of weakness somewhere.... so thus their space-fleet is the suck.

admittedly.... given the teletroops it still isn't all that bad though. Maybe its time to write in moar weaknesses....

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Got to agree, as long as the teletroops are in then the spacefleet might be good for story cutscenes but there'll never be any point to playing against them in actual gaming.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:45 pm

yup... I'll start brainstorming. If anyone has some good or particularly funny ones, then please pm them to me for consideration.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Giving the teletroops an Attack Roll for targeting would be a start. Tying up an Action and frequently missing by a couple of inches would make a big difference. They're a 100% gamebreaker right now.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 pm

You could for lulz mix it up with the SkyNet effect, everyone appears naked on arrival. No one knows why. :)

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Hey umm, mini scale ship battles... What are the rules? Anyone have a link?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 pm

stubby wrote:Giving the teletroops an Attack Roll for targeting would be a start. Tying up an Action and frequently missing by a couple of inches would make a big difference. They're a 100% gamebreaker right now.

ok. thats how they work now.

Porphyrogenitus
Officer
Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Post by Porphyrogenitus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Depending on the manner of teleportation used, you might need your ships to drop the enemy shields before your troops can port over. That might be a weakness you can add... Failure to drop the enemy shields would result in a sort of pancake effect. Or it might pull a Star Trek 1 and have them bounce back inside out.
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:41 pm

Natalya wrote:Hey umm, mini scale ship battles... What are the rules? Anyone have a link?
Bragallot's doing a Forum Battle right now:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7410
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7418
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7454

Might want to ask him.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:09 am

Warhead wrote:You could for lulz mix it up with the SkyNet effect, everyone appears naked on arrival. No one knows why. :)
I would do that.... but i suffer from a lack of yellow bodies and such with which to represent it... and maybe to simplify things I'll just use the teleportation table from 2001.. cuz then it would reduce their performance and be funny. Though I suppose Rayhawks idea could also start some rather hilarious carnage if they ended up like inside of a motor rather than right next to it.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:32 am

Zupponn wrote:
Natalya wrote:Hey umm, mini scale ship battles... What are the rules? Anyone have a link?
Bragallot's doing a Forum Battle right now:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7410
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7418
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7454

Might want to ask him.
My rules are in the first thread of the microspace battle I believe, but I just quickly made them up based off other microspace battles I've seen and kept it as simple as I could, theblackdog has a more thorough rule system I believe.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah but I haven't posted it online in complete form.

I link to the basic rules in the Day 0 thread for Bragallot's battle. I'm too busy right now to link to them again.

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 pm

piltogg wrote:maybe to simplify things I'll just use the teleportation table from 2001.. cuz then it would reduce their performance and be funny. Though I suppose Rayhawks idea could also start some rather hilarious carnage if they ended up like inside of a motor rather than right next to it.
Another option is to use Superpower Dice - teleportation uses a dice pool where you have to spend dice on range and accuracy, and any ones rolled turn into dice your opponents can use against you. You might even put all teleporters in the same pool, so on any given turn you could blow all your dice on a super-long-range super-accurate teleport, or a whole bunch of short-range rough-accuracy ones.