Brikwars-related inside jokes and the stories behind them

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

aybraus
Hero

Brikwars-related inside jokes and the stories behind them

Post by aybraus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I'd say that the biggest inside joke for our Brikwars group was born when I was in a 1-on-1 game with my friend, Austin. I decided to make my army centered around a giant Zeppelin made of Rokenbok pieces (it looked like crap).
Austin decided to send a pilot down to attack it, but on my turn I decided to fire on him. He didn't notice that on my ship, underneath two wing-like panels, I had placed secret guns! And so "Secret Guns" became a catchphrase of sorts for all of our battles' surprising outcomes.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Is Rokenbok another awful clone brand?

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Always when I can't finish a battle on time the space ninjas come and ruin every thing by blowing up the objectives or by spraying toxic gas every where and killing both teams there hero's by telleporting out of their space ship right behind them and slice their heads of.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Bennanteno
Officer

Post by Bennanteno » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:16 am

Rokenbok is an ungodly expensive German(Maybee?) toy line focusing on R/C controlled moving parts. There was once a Rokenbok display set at the math themed store on the hill where I lived; it was kind of fun using the little dump trucks to scoop up all the little plastic marbles and drop them down all the chutes and into the monorails.

But they have minifigs of their own, so yes they are a clone brand I guess.

But really more like playmobil.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:33 am

In my birthday, less than a month ago, i played Quikwars with a friend of mine, because he didn't have time to learn Brikwars. It was my first battle against an actual opponent. The objective was to obtain the treasure chest from the opponent's base.

-I chose 5 or 6 vehicles and moved them forward. All of them destroyed.

-Desperatly, i sent all my troops except 3 that were guarding the chest. All of them died in a confrontation with Battle Droids, after being bombed by a starfighter.

-All my heroes(3) were in danger. 2 died.

-Even more desperatly, i sent Obi-Wan, the last hero, in an Heroic Feat. It worked, he made a leaping jump from one extreme of the battlefield to another. Unfortunately, while grabbing the chest, a Rebel Trooper killed him. :cry:

-My last trooper entered in the hole used to hide the treasure chest and started constructing a shelter. Damn Battle Droid, used his sniper to wipe the last survivor down.

It was very, very, very funny.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 pm

So me and my friend were having a Brikwars battle.He had set up in a bunker a 2-man machine-gun and a 2 man rocket-luancher.It was chewing my stuff up,despite five(5!)bombing runs,numeros armoued vehicals,flamethrowers,and a lot on infantry.Horrible angry,i called in an Orbatil Bombarmint and a Artilery barrage.(We had 2 other maps,one with the Artilery and on that was a Spcae-ship.)These begin pounding into the bunker,BUT THEY don't DIE>To tally Pissed right the f*** off right now,i call in 2 more things:A dropship to pick up my guys,and a nuke.
Needless to say,the nuke oblerated everything.EVERYTHING.

Really funny cause i was practicly pulling my hair out.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:56 pm

501stCadians wrote:So me and my friend were having a Brikwars battle.He had set up in a bunker a 2-man machine-gun and a 2 man rocket-luancher.It was chewing my stuff up,despite five(5!)bombing runs,numeros armoued vehicals,flamethrowers,and a lot on infantry.Horrible angry,i called in an Orbatil Bombarmint and a Artilery barrage.(We had 2 other maps,one with the Artilery and on that was a Spcae-ship.)These begin pounding into the bunker,BUT THEY don't DIE>To tally Pissed right the f*** off right now,i call in 2 more things:A dropship to pick up my guys,and a nuke.
Needless to say,the nuke oblerated everything.EVERYTHING.

Really funny cause i was practicly pulling my hair out.
I wish i was there :lol:
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Post by ace121 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 pm

My brikwars inside joke is Timmy the Dimmy.

Timmy the Dimmy is a captain in my army, and he got his name because of the outrageous bad luck he has in living. He can't live more than one round in ANY game. He dies, then gets healed, then dies, then gets healed, then dies, then my medics give up on him. To make it worse, he only ever dies from either friendly fire or his own critical failures (Once got three 1s in a row).

That is Timmy the Dimmy. He eats misfortune for breakfast.

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 pm

ace121 wrote:My brikwars inside joke is Timmy the Dimmy.

Timmy the Dimmy is a captain in my army, and he got his name because of the outrageous bad luck he has in living. He can't live more than one round in ANY game. He dies, then gets healed, then dies, then gets healed, then dies, then my medics give up on him. To make it worse, he only ever dies from either friendly fire or his own critical failures (Once got three 1s in a row).

That is Timmy the Dimmy. He eats misfortune for breakfast.
As my name is Tim, i take offense at the massive number of "Timmy the Dimmy"s. I'm going to name mine George the Dimmy. George is much more hilarious to destroy. :P

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Post by ace121 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:55 am

No one can die as much as Timmy the Dimmy. My country has stopped awarding purple hearts because of his very existence. The production costs of the pins were as much as the rest of every campaigns' other costs.

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"

Thyclaine
Hero

Post by Thyclaine » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:02 am

Magic Wrench.

In my latest battle, I had a mechanic with a wrench. (I couldn't find a better weapon for him at that moment.) So, he went into enemy territory in his vehicle and got knocked off.

Then, he killed three other soldiers with his wrench, including a hero, and then for the last kill he threw it at a retreating soldier and it lodged in his throat.

I decided his wrench was magic.
Time travel's been getting me down.

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am

i think I saw a battle rep. like that

En!gma
Officer

Post by En!gma » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:16 am

Lethal Trees have been a device used since one of my first Brikwars. Two squads of enemy minifigs repeatedly attempted to crush eachother with a large evergreen. This act was expanded upon with a rediculous vehicle with a bush mounted on the front which dealt 3d20 damage, needless to say Lethal Trees will probably be used again.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:03 am

My Brikwars inside joke is Crazy Bob. He is a minifig, with a half-cape, intensely spiked clothes, and he talks in a gruff, cowboy accent. He's almost like a cross between Hagrid and Yosemite Sam. Crazy Bob is known for his disregard of things like physics, laws, and especially all brikwars rules. In his first Brikwar, he drove his dune buggy to the entire other side of the battlefield (in one second), where it crashed in the middle of the enemy's base. He got out, and then he saw some enemies. So he put his cape over his head and said "OH, I'm just a lil' pilgram, look't me, don't hurt me, I ain't nuttin butta pilgram, don' mind me..." ... then he ran inside the enemy command center and took out a chicken leg and slapped them all really hard in the face with it, and they all cried like babies, then he his under the table and wet his pants, then teleported home with his patented teleporter mustache. (all of this happened with no rules at all, I just picked up his dune buggy, smashed it into my brother's base right during a brikwar, and acted out the scene with my hands, Bob slapping all and knocking minifigs over left and right. My brother said "HEY YOU CAN'T DO THAT ITS NOT IN THE RULES HEY HEY HEY!!" So I gave him a good whack in the noggin with my hammer of discipline and he shut up.)

"I'M CRAZY BOB, ALL YE STUPID ROTTIN' PIGFACED VARMINTS!! I'LL KILL ALL OF YEH!!! DDDDIIIIIIEEE!!!!! YEEEEHAAW!!!!" *Crash* "HAHAHAHA!! SUCKERS!!!" *SLAP* *SLAP*
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:08 am

Some inside jokes at my club are:

darth insidious with is 'force'. Everytime the player would use a heroic feat to push,kill, strangle etc, he would fail EVERYTIME. So I decided that whenever he does something using the force, he would get the effects to, even if he fails. So if he strangles someone , he strangles himself.
so whenever anyone uses the 'force' we know the outcome

Brush man, I don't know why or how this is funny but he was a man with a simple smiley face, full orange torso and legs with a large blue brush from a carwash set stuck on his head. He would sit on the highest point of the tallest terrain piece, usually a small ariel or something ridiculously small.

oh and the opposite law, when you really need something to work well, it doesn't i.e rolling a 1 or my sandmen army that it is guaranteed, that 70% of the weapons will blow up due to rolling ones (even when shoving stuff).

And another is when someone gets shot, they fly in the opposite direction of basic physics.