Operation: Restrepo VI

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Paco
Dimmy

Operation: Restrepo VI

Post by Paco » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:27 am

In a remote planet on the edge of the galaxy, a Wanderer special operations team is doing research on a deserted planet when they are joined by two opposing armies, The Pellenorian Military Systems (PMS), and the Cult of the Saint Child, and are caught in the middle of their inter-planetary feud.

Most of the PMS army, including Aegisthus, the hero, near the center, the command squad in red and black, irregulars, the Ostrich cavalry, a medic, and an out of place Dr.Seuss character.

PMS vehicles; artillary, IFV, beer truck, automated walking turret with missile car attachment, and a heavy scouting vehicle.

The Wanderers, which have a mecha, Clown Car, the macabre squad, a desert squad, two command squads, an infantry battalion, and a security squad inside the ice base. They also have a truck full of flamers, a hero on horseback, and the Red Twins, both heroes.

More Wanderers, in addition to the truck full of flamers, they have a fighter full of red ninjas, plus the security squad and a few snipers inside the base. You can also see a fighter of theirs on top of the base.

Saint Child's guys- or at least the few I got pictures of. :( there's more out of picture, but here you can see his badass VTOL, the edge of his apocacruiser, complete with religous fanatics wielding crystal weaponry.

The rest of the Wanderers. There's the desert squad + Captain Jack, the rest of the macabres, and the edge of another fighter and a weapons platform.

I got initiative, and my mecha used its radiant wave surger against the Wanderer's Mech http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Radiant_Wave_Technology

...and then I roll three 1s for use. :? uhhh...boom?

The artillary, however, gets a ton of GOOD crits, and blows up three guys on top of the Wanderer's speeder, including the sniper officer and Admiral Ackbar.

The ninja vehicile is shot by Saint Child's apocacruiser.

Another Overwatch. You can better see Saint Child's guys here, as well as the rest of the Macabre squad.

The VTOL gets its windshield shot out.

The flamer squad gets out of the truck, and begin to surround the Hydronauts. One flamers kills two, but I think some Flamers were shot with reaction fire.

Ogel96's Command Squad and Mecha lay down impressive firepower, stopping much of my initial advance, killing most of the irregulars, and my medic.

Combat between PMS and the Wanderers goes badly for the former as the Desert squad shoots open the Pathfinder Scout Vehicles windshield kills the pilot and the supersoldier, and secures the area, although Mr.Mental was killed in the skirmish.

The command squad moves up, cutting off the PMS advance, and kills the rest of the first strike team.

But the PMS counter, and another great shot from the artillary destroys the mecha.

The PMS command squad moves up to counter their Wanderer equivalent, and kills a few of them.

The Green Knight bludgeons the Office Wizard to death.

The pilot of the crippled IFV moves the missile car up, aiming it at the Desert squad.

The hydronauts fire back at the Flamer squad, killing two.

While the religous fanatic shoots the pilot of the green ship.

The fight between the Wanderers and Saint Child continues as much of SC's red squad is killed, along with a few religous fantatics, and the apocacruiser is damaged. However, the ninja vehicle is completely wrecked.

The VTOL takes down The Executioner.

As was the clown car, and two flamers, whose close range weapons were of little use against the long range Hydronauts, who were also on top of a hill, which prevented most of the flamers from reaching them.

But the wanderers strike back as the pilot of the VTOL is killed.

The Green Knight and rocketeer and sniped down.

The main Wanderer troops begin to advance near the destroyed Weapons platform.

While the Red ninjas reveal themselves and stab two religous fanatics in the back.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:36 am

Haha, love the over the top ridiculous vehicles! Must have been a fun game to play.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 am

Awesome battle! Couldn't have done a better job myself.