Diablo II

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

BFenix
Pooplord

Diablo II

Post by BFenix » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Yeah I know... you were probably expecting a Diablo III thread with new information! New videos and releases from Blizzard! Perhaps even a release date or hint! But no...

Anyways, we can always entertain ourselves with good ol' Diablo II right? Im currently playing the campaign again since I don't remember shit of it. Im having exams in the next 2 days, but when Im done we could make a party at Battle.net eh?

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:37 pm

I really wish I had played Diablo II when I had it (I think I used to own a copy). I don't know where it is, though, if it was ever in the house it's gone now.

It's a neat little game, though, and I'd very much like to play in a party with you folks.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Have it and used to play it often, but I suck at video games so I stopped.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:21 am

I started several charecterrs, but never finished nightmare. My first char was an amazon, but I totally messed up the skills and gave her up sonn after I killed Diablo the first time.

My strongest char was/is a lvl 70-something Zealadin.

There is a realy nice mod for Diablo II called Madian XL. There are new skills for every class (you can play a Dark Paladin ;) ) , a new crafting system with upgradeable items and a hell of new quests. Some of them are quite a challange. In one area there are several skeleton spawners, but the skeletons are immortal as long as they are near the spawners, so you can't simply bash in and kill like you could in the unmodded version.

If you really get a game running, I'm in. ...If we find a way to deal with the timeshift between Europe and America, that is.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 am

When I played with my friend he used to have a barbarian tank and I had a Healadin. Maxed out Holy Bolt and stuff like that. I also had some wand that increased my casting speed by like 150%, so I would just stand in one place, holding shift and holding down on my friend. I would heal about half his health in one hit. Even on Nightmare Baal he could just stand there right next to him and not have to worry about a thing.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:48 pm

I still keep my old character saves on my hard drive, in case of emergency clickfestation.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:46 am

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne is way better than Diablo II... if you like 3/4 overhead view dungeon crawlers then I highly recommend getting it.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:18 am

I have played that one, too, with several characters. But to clear the same levels again and again gets boring after the 100th time. The skill system is very interesting, though.

While we are at it: Dungeon Siege II isn't too bad, either, but the number of players is limited to 4 (I think). At a LAN party we once tried a multiplayer mod that let us play with 6 players, but the difficulty skyrocketed and after we had spent half an hour to kill 4 standard mobs, we gave up on that.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Earlier this year I was remembering a Youtube game trailer I saw a long time ago. I liked it and figured I would buy it when it came out, but I couldnt remember the name of the game. I was wondering if I missed it.

After poking around on Youtube looking at a Titan Quest video, I saw the Diablo 3 trailers. I poked around and realized the barbarian trailer in 2 parts was what I saw, IN 2008 !!.

No wonder I didnt remember, it was fucking 3 years ago.

Latest release date is Jan 2012.

benkim123
Dimmy

Post by benkim123 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:17 am

I suggest you boys screw Diablo II and go play Warcraft III until Diablo III or Warcraft IV comes out.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:50 am

benkim123 wrote:I suggest you boys screw Diablo II and go play Warcraft III until Diablo III or Warcraft IV comes out.
Finished both of them, and the Community Maps are also a bit repetitive, although always fun to play.

benkim123
Dimmy

Post by benkim123 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:43 am

Most of the people playing Warcraft III on Battle.net are dicks unfortunately, so I download custom campaigns or mess with the World Editor.