Shops and potions(soon to be play-tested in a battle).

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Shops and potions(soon to be play-tested in a battle).

Post by ikensall » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am

First off, I'm probobally not the first person to come up with this, but I'm too lazy too search for other threads.

SHOPS

Right, so about 3 months ago I got the gold junction western set from ebay and since the shops in the set are currently useless to me so I decided to make some rules for them.
The individual shop buildings that come with the set are a bank and a general store, what kind of shops you use and what items you sell in them doesn'treally matter, but in this thread there will be those two shops.

Bank: At the bank you buy more valuable assets , such as:
horses, cannons (or other heavy weaponry that is not carry-able by normal minifigs and vehicles of all descriptions (cars, trucks, boats, planes etc.).

General Store: here you buy stuff specifically for minifigs, including:
All kinds of cc and ranged hand-held weapons, tools such as pick axes, shovels and mechanix tools (not sure what the first two would be used for), armour + shields, misc stuff (used for boosting stats and giving special abbilities, items would include: epaullettes for boosting stats perhaps different colours could change different stats? and themed sets (indy, mexican and hawaii girl set, not sure what any of those would do, but I'm making it up as I go along) and last but not least the store would sell undead skeletal minions, basically skeletons that join the purchaser's faction, they would be unarmed whhen bought and in need of equipping.

Now to the pricing, this is open to be fudged as concerns the amount to be payed, the money (or you could call it CP) will be littered around the battlefield in boxes, perhaps with other things of use or value.

POTIONS

Potions are found in bottles (1x1 coloured cylinder capped by a jewel of identical colour) and basically they alter the game when drank, drinking a potion takes up 1" of movement.

Congratulations if you read all that, if you didn't then go back to the top and try again.

C&C welcome.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 pm

I remember doing something like this for an RTS-themed Brikwar, with gold briks used for CP, and players starting with just a Hero and some gear for him. There were no physical shops, but players would buy creations from their collection that would then appear at their base, which could itself be upgraded.

Lessons learned:
CP needs to respawn, likely at some kinda control point, perhaps with smaller amounts of CP scattered.
(Maybe 3 control points with interesting terrain that provide 10cp each and 1cp coins scattered around?)
Amount of CP gained from each point has to increase by some means. Would be best to do it Halo:Reach Invasion-style, where after some total amount of CP has been gained by one side(or # of rounds has passed) the CP amounts increase.
You need a fairly large collection of briks to do this sort of thing, after all what is the point of using CP to buy jeeps or minifigs if you run out of jeeps or minifigs to use?

Capture the Flag would work well as an objective, giving reason both to increase base defenses and offense.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:53 pm

I've made the jeeps and such limited, cause i just acn't do multiple ones, without more bricks, as far as CP goes there's a heck of a lot of it out there on the current battlefield I've set up, this isn't meant to be a major mainstay of the game, just a little suplement for a little fun.
But thanks for you advice :).

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:18 pm

I had an idea for something similar. I had a vending machine that sold equipment for heads. Each head could buy 1CP worth of equipment.
Needless to say, a lot of players ended up spamming grenades.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Understock on grenades. Law of supply and demand says that price for grenades skyrockets. Problem solved.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Re:

Post by IX_Legion » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Gungnir wrote:I had an idea for something similar. I had a vending machine that sold equipment for heads. Each head could buy 1CP worth of equipment.
Needless to say, a lot of players ended up spamming grenades.
:sparta:

I'm seriously going to try this out.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)