jk9000+ Anarchy Server [brikwarriors be pwnt]

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

jk9000+ Anarchy Server [brikwarriors be pwnt]

Postby muffinman42 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

I don't own this server, i found it and have enjoyed it very much.
JBurto wrote:This is exactly how my server works. When I joined it back in October, it was complete anarchy: noone talked to eachother, just hid out in holes or roamed the land looking for bases. Fast forward a few months, a few towns have sprung up here and there, including one I helped found. All is going well. Another month or so, and someone makes a form of government to unite the established towns, known as the Sanctum. The Sanctum towns watched out for eachother, helped build in eachothers towns, traded, etc. Fast forward again to a few months ago, where someone decided to destroy the one of the towns completely, as well as the Sanctum building, almost effectively destroying all the order we had worked to achieve. We survived, rebuilt elsewhere, and are thriving.

The only rules on the server are no hacking/duping and no bugging the admin constantly. We used to have a Stargate mod to allow fast travel between areas, but that was recently taken away and we lost a lot of players. There are still consistently about 15-20 people on the server, most starting out or living in newly founded towns. What we have is exactly what you described. Fight for your life, trust people carefully, and moreover, just play the damn game however you want.

One problem we've had is our admin has tried out all sorts of mods over time, and its lost a bit of its harshness and edge, but has drawn in a lot more players. We have a second server run by a different admin, who used to be a moderator on the original one back in it's prime, which he runs exactly as it was back then.

The server's IP is jkeller4000.com:25570 and is run by JKELLER4000

Second server's IP is jkeller4000.com:25565 and is run by MPFIV

I hope to see you there, and anyone else who cares to join. I've played on this server for almost a year, and I don't plan on ever finding a different one. I can guarantee you will enjoy it.

The post is from a thread on the idea of a server which has no laws. you can do anything without being banned (other than complain about the server, which is rather silly). it's interesting to just explore, theirs tons of ruined buildings, raided caves, burnt villages, and a couple of thriving towns. the community are friendly and most people are trustworthy. and it's really nice to not have a stupid money system or level thing and just have single player with more people.

It would be nice to see some of you on there, we could set up our own town and investigate the ruins. I feel like finding a old large building and patching it up, it would give a nice feeling and plenty of space with little work.

currently i'm just wandering, scavenging. there are tons of dungeons.
Last edited by muffinman42 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Ex-Lep » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:46 pm

if we could en masse invade, this could be fucking awesome.
(nad i mean looting type of inavde, not passive-aggresive slow build here invade)

or we could start a town, but i like more of the traveling horde idea.
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Cannon Fodder

Postby Scottsman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Seems interesting. I like the traveling horde as well. if there are so many abandoned buildings, we can easily convert them into camps and such for our people. We should work out when to begin our invasion. Also, first or second server?
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby RunsWithLegos » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:08 pm

haha sounds niffty might go on once or twice.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Scottsman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:10 am

Found a nice spot just north of spawn on second server. there's a giant ass tower, but it's owned. then again, we could probably take him if we ganged up, the take his tower. Do you guys think I should push him off the edge next chance I get?
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ex-Lep » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:28 pm

I've been messing about on the first server, its quite desolate.
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Cannon Fodder

Postby muffinman42 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Ex-Lep wrote:I've been messing about on the first server, its quite desolate.

most people don't suggest it. the second is where the funs at, it's basically single players freedom with more people, and as such player made ruins.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Hmm... we could form a party, yeah, go out and explore together. What do you guys think? Should we get together on there, like this weekend?
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Ham701 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Dibs on Paladin.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Scottsman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Like I said, we can easily conquer this giant ass tower I found north of the spawn. follow the clouds and you can't miss it. We can add more floors and stuff, cause it looks like someone whent and effed it up. Can't go on friday, big company picnic. Anyway, look for a hut under a waterfall, that's where I live right now. Conquering this tower will be a breaze.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby knolli » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 am

I'm free on saturday. It would be nice if we had a betterand faster way of communication than ingame chat. My fingers are bleeding. And standing there like a statue while shouting: "Watch out!" is not cool.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Scottsman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:58 am

we could come up with a series of shorthands. for example, instead of "watch out", we could go with the sports approach and shout"heads". very quick, very understandable. Sadly, unless we're running a voice chat in the background and all have microphones, text is all we have. Oh, and I'm figuring out a way to siege proof the tower, or at least make it very resistant. The previous owner seems to have left, as he likely met his fate. On last thing. I'm gonna install a secret entrance so we can get in if we lock ourselves out. Make sure nobody sees you if you use it.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby knolli » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 am

How many way are the to make a secret entrance?

You can either hide it somewhere or you could close it or cover it up. If you leave it open, anyone can find it by accident. If you close the entrance with dirt, you have to dig it up every time and place the dirt again. That's quite time consuming. Or you could use pistons to open the gate automatically, but then you have to hide the lever or button somewhere. Using a painting to cover up the door is out of question. And using the "fall through lava"-trick is quite risky.

Using a combination is the best way I can up with. I there is a natural cave nearby, the secret entrance could be in one of the dead ends inside the cave and closed by a piston system. Even if someone watches you going into the cave, he will never know where to look for the hidden door.

Having teamspeak, ventrilo or so would be very handy.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby muffinman42 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:25 am

secret entrances are best done with a random flat field and 5 blocks down theirs a tunnel. you would have to dig 5 down to find it. so knowing the cords is needed.
you have to dig but it's an emergency exit and entrance.

As for the main entrance, lava tanks above it held back by pistons so when people attack we just release the lava. to get in and out we close the tanks.

and arrow dispensers.

EDIT: found some odd ruins, around x-634 z 154, that spot is a little hut i've built to log out in, but I'm going to begin reclaiming work, I have plenty of iron and TONS of mushrooms of both red and brown, mushroom stew is really good for heath as well.
current plan:
secure a building.
build a mushroom farm and a conventional farm.
explore ruins for loot. (there are some expansive caves and mines!
defenses! magma drops, arrow dispensers, secret entrances!
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby OREMAWESOME1234 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 am

dibs on ranger
OREMAWESOME1234
Dimmy

Next

Return to blah blah minecraft