Re: Alternate History is dumb

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:53 am

Summary of the Cold War: Everyone being scared of everyone else.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:40 am

Summary of this thread: blah blah blah Cold War blah blah blah.......
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:58 am

Zupponn wrote:I have serious doubts that China ever really had too close of relations with the USSR because their militaries fought numerous times during the cold war. The only reason they ever agreed on anything was because they were both communist states, but the desire of both of them to be the communist leader led to confrontation and eventually the 1960 split.


There's no real evidence to support the theory that Russia and China were ever at war. However this could be because both governments had everything under wraps.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 6755
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Postby mgb519 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 am

Fact: china and Russia did not like each other. Deal with it.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2488
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:22 am

mgb519 wrote:Fact: china and Russia did not like each other. Deal with it.


Yes, but the "secret war" was never proven to exist.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 6755
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Postby Zupponn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Silverdream wrote:
mgb519 wrote:Fact: china and Russia did not like each other. Deal with it.


Yes, but the "secret war" was never proven to exist.

Wikipedia wrote:1944-1949: Red Army troops and Republic of China troops clash in Xinjiang over Soviet support for the Second East Turkestan Republic. A Chinese muslim unit loyal to the Chinese government, the 14th Tungan Cavalry regiment fights against Soviet forces on the Mongolian border.

Wikipedia wrote:1969: A longstanding ideological feud between the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China] erupts into several occasions of inconclusive armed conflicts.

No secret war. Open war.[/quote]
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5043
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Dammit Silva, stop making up alternative histories.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:21 pm

While Zupponn maybe right, I find it real funny he based his argument on entries on Wikipedia. :lol:

I mean we all know Wikipedia is so very reliable. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:26 pm

It actually is mostly reliable if you check the sources. More reliable than most other places online that aren't official databases.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Ham701 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Also, at it's peak the USSR had over 45,000 warheads, while the US had 32,000.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Image
User avatar
Ham701
Galidor
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Watching DS9

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm

OneEye589 wrote:It actually is mostly reliable if you check the sources. More reliable than most other places online that aren't official databases.

What ever you say OneEye. :lol:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:05 pm

User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Ham701 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:09 pm

It's true, I've vandalized pages before and they fix it very quickly.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Image
User avatar
Ham701
Galidor
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Watching DS9

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Plus, there are millions of articles on tons of topics, why would someone mess around with the information on some random page?
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 pm


That is just so funny OneEye. It is an article from Wikipedia saying how reliable Wikipedia is. That is just so rich. :D

But I go ahead open the link and start to read it. The first thing I see? Wikipedia questions the reliability of the article itself based on a lack of neutrality.

"The neutrality of this article is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (January 2011)"

:lol:

Thanks for the "education". :mrgreen:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest