Re: Alternate History is dumb

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Postby Ham701 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:24 pm

old people these days....
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Image
User avatar
Ham701
Galidor
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Watching DS9

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Ham701 wrote:old people these days....

Yep, we are such a pain. :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:47 pm

No, you're all either corny as hell or don't understand any of these new-fangled joke-thingamajigs kids do these days.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:13 pm

OneEye589 wrote:No, you're all either corny as hell or don't understand any of these new-fangled joke-thingamajigs kids do these days.

...or both. :lol:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby aoffan23 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:00 pm

A lack of neutrality doesn't necessarily mean a lack of reliability; it just means it promotes a certain side of the argument. You can still be biased with 100% facts.

Also, I'm pretty sure you missed the point by a mile. :roll:
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 pm

aoffan23 wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure you missed the point by a mile. :roll:

Or it could be I just did not care and that I still find it funny when someone uses Wikipedia as their only reference.

And it could be I find it even more funny when a Pedonuker wanna-be trys entering a conversation being all serious when clearly no one else was being serious. :lol:

Welcome to the real world aoffan23. Have a great day. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 pm

I was being serious.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Ok, realistically. Which, you know, is already a concern when we're talking about alternate history...

The turning point is the American campaign, correct? You can go on about all the history books ever say is that the Allies were the Americans, but the truth is, a first world county, untouched by the current war, on alert and on guard with a massive army, joining the Allies, effectively won the war on the western front.

However, yes, another topic is the German mismanagement of developmental technologies. Victories in the West led to the defection and capture of key nuclear scientists who were working for the Germans. Suppose that instead of an effective, concentrated response and entry into the war on both fronts, the American political system delayed it's action and put troops in only half-heartedly, because of opinions supporting the Piltogg party prevalent in America.

Um...

I just realized that I drafted this a day ago and now we're busy making fun of OneEye's sense of humor. Again. Shit.

I'll have you know that this is based off rudimentary knowledge through history class and extrapolation of such... which means it's probably completely shit... but I enjoy it. There you go.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Yea, usually all discussions on this forum degrade into someone's sense of humor and someone else either not getting it, or trying to troll it.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Hoboman » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 am

I kind of like OneEye's sense of humor or should it be sense of irony?

Oh and just to touch back on the topic, if you like Alternate history there is a great forum for it:

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/index.php
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby Ham701 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:56 am

If shitler hadn't been a dumbass and had introduced the Me 262 on time instead of pushing for a jet bomber, the war could have been very different.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Image
User avatar
Ham701
Galidor
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Watching DS9

Postby Silverdream » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Ok, realistically. Which, you know, is already a concern when we're talking about alternate history...

The turning point is the American campaign, correct? You can go on about all the history books ever say is that the Allies were the Americans, but the truth is, a first world county, untouched by the current war, on alert and on guard with a massive army, joining the Allies, effectively won the war on the western front.

However, yes, another topic is the German mismanagement of developmental technologies. Victories in the West led to the defection and capture of key nuclear scientists who were working for the Germans. Suppose that instead of an effective, concentrated response and entry into the war on both fronts, the American political system delayed it's action and put troops in only half-heartedly, because of opinions supporting the Piltogg party prevalent in America.


Yes, without the Americans at the end of the war we probly would've ended up with italy and southern france while Russia took over most of europe, but the thing is that Germany still would've lost. Nobody in the war fought the nazis as much as the USSR, not you late arriving Americans or the commonwealth.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7320
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Postby Tzan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Silverdream wrote: Nobody in the war fought the nazis as much as the USSR, not you late arriving Americans or the commonwealth.


America is very sorry, we had just eaten a large bag of donuts and were feeling a bit sluggish.

If only we had an alternate meal, perhaps some fresh fruit and vegetables.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:54 pm

It doesn't matter who fought them the most, it would matter whose attacks made the most impact.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Silverdream » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:20 pm

OneEye589 wrote:It doesn't matter who fought them the most, it would matter whose attacks made the most impact.


Okay, so wiping out 836,606 Axis troops is what we did on the western front. Pretty darn good until you consider we took around 2,905,420-3,043,860 casualties.

Now let's see how those Ruskis did. Probly pretty bad, I bet they killed 10 germans or something.

5,178,000+ Axis troops killed.
10,651,000 Soviet casualties.

Sure we may have killed Rommel, but the USSR did most of the work, the Finnish and Polish fought against the most overwhelming odds and the italian forces were a bunch of wussies who couldn't do anything right.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7320
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron