SUCCESSION: The DF Brikwars Game

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Postby Scottsman » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Dear diary: That fucking fisherdwarf feels so confident, yakking on about how he's on the side of the river with the fort. Course then they built the bridge, and I got to go break his nose. that'll show him.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:04 am

When the migrants come and eventually you build a military, Dorf me and give me an axe.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Scottsman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:31 am

speaking of which, what's my profession?
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby 501stCadians » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:38 am

Scottsman wrote:speaking of which, what's my profession?

Farmer.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby muffinman42 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:43 pm

*disclaimer: the following is in character*

well as the last overseer couldn't manage this fort he's dumped it on me. first things first it's inspecting time!

The stockpiles are all oddly precise, only food here, only wood there. and no room for anything else! Well that's sorted, all piles are now general stores for everything BUT stone,corpse, and refuse.

WOAH! what in Armoks name?! 4 wide corridors! I wonder why these where worked on rather than digging deeper or digging a dining room or digging bedrooms, or mining for ore! I told the miners to stop this odd dig and to focus on some bed rooms, barracks and proper underground farms.
With that done I began looking for the mason to tell him to make a coffin for our dear friend who died so tragically.

eh? There is a lot of noise coming from the bed rooms by the store room. I knocked on a door and a dwarf with a hammer in hand and stone chips in his beard poked his head round the door. I saw a workshop in side and asked why it was there, He explained that the last leader had built them like that. Well I've ordered them to be removed as they just slow down the movement of stone and goods.
Now the area is more flexible and i've moved the workshops nearer the stock pile and built some stairs.

Later i noticed everyone looked rather glum, I asked around and most of them said the same thing "No bed, No table and no well." So I've plotted out some rooms and a nice dining room.
I built out towards the magma and began the digging of a chamber of smelting. not much but it will do.
An artifact was created, nothing extra ordinary.

It's now late spring. I'll continue tomorrow.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Scottsman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Dear Diary:
Blimey was that first overseer full of shit. Place was a tactical nightmare with those huge hallways, and he had neglected to build us any damn bedrooms. Finally got a new one who seems to be doing better. Course, I am wondering how he plans to get water to a well for the dinning room. Now then, back to tending crops. God I hate this job.

Hey muffinman, no offence, but what's the hold up? we're waiting on you.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby muffinman42 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:55 am

Sorry for the wait!
also all the sreenshots fucked up, sorry! i'll edit and reupload later.

I woke up today to continue this drudgery of telling others where to dig and what to build. But today was diffrent! A scout ran up to me and yelled "ELVEN TRADERS!" and then before i could take a note he yelled "USTUTH EKASTKILRUD HAS BECOME A HERBALIST!" at this point i told him to fuck off. so i decided to get cracking on our military :twisted:
well time passed and the elves arrived, cadian when out to meet them as he is the only one of use who knows what things cost, he walk around and looked at all the stock and said flatly "I'll have all of it". the elves of course asked what we were giving in return, and he said again "nothing" and our guards with their many many dogs came and took the cart from the elves.
I think our diplomacy with the elves will go fine! :lol:
MIGRANTS!
Hooray! here have an axe and go stand by the entrance :lol:
I started a pair of farms to provide us with some fresh food, everybody was getting bored of dog meat. this will also make Scottsman happy as i removed the old farms when i first started, the planters kept getting attacked by wild animals

In other news the hall has been dug! now we have a nice place to eat, this should make everybody happy. I shall have our master engraver go over the walls. also fuck wells.
The bedrooms for the named Dorfs have been dug, and some more for future dorfs.

Ok, lets check on the magma pipe (i'm making a proper smelting room)
SHIT quickly! b-C-w! build constuct walls!
the crisis was averted.

My mining companion, who i am too tired/drunk to remember, tells storys to the fort of a mystical blue metal which is as light as a feather but stronger and with a sharper edge than steel! the ore for it is said to be deep underground, with our lack of steel i have agreed to begin the dig down, hopefully we will hit at least some weapon grade metal to get more picks made as mining with just two dwarfs is slow.

we hit a cave! it glittered with thousands of native gold nuggets! I ordered a wall to be erected around the shaft and for a barracks to be set up above to have troops on stand by in case of beastys.
digging deeper we hit another cavern!
however it's flooded, so we will dig around and approach it later.
Hopefully if we dig down deep enough we will find some good metal. :P :roll:
Last edited by muffinman42 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Scottsman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Dear Diary:
It would seem that our current overseer has taken it upon himself to simultaneously make this place safer and kill us all. He's moved the farms indoors and created a military, but has proceeded to open 2 caverns and flood a hallway with magma. Still, can't complain about this place not being exciting, there's certainly more than enough of that to go around. Here's hoping we live another year.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby muffinman42 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:01 pm

I would suggest you all read up on making military and ordering squads about. since harpys are being bitches i plan to move refuse inside, on a retractable bridge over lava, once it's fall the lever is pulled and you say goodbye to the rotten eggs and prisoners.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Scottsman » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:59 am

I have a feeling harpies shall be our elephants. I recommend making some large serrated disks, about twenty, and make the entrance about as hospitable as the surface of the sun. Oh god, I just had a crazy idea: magma falls blocking the main gate, with grates on the ground and floodgates to open and close the passage. It would be epic.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby muffinman42 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:51 am

Scottsman wrote:I have a feeling harpies shall be our elephants. I recommend making some large serrated disks, about twenty,.

HAHA! TWENTY?! HAHA! weak sauce! 20 blades will do jack shit. you need about that many traps! 50-100 is more realistic. and cage traps! to catch bitches for the arena! and a shit ton of stone fall traps as they are easy to build! and the emergency "fuck this siege" lever linked to a set of floodgates in the side of a magma reservoir. and of course the boring drawbridge airlock so that you can stay safe but still send troops out.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Rody » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 am

Scottsman wrote:I have a feeling harpies shall be our elephants. I recommend making some large serrated disks, about twenty, and make the entrance about as hospitable as the surface of the sun. Oh god, I just had a crazy idea: magma falls blocking the main gate, with grates on the ground and floodgates to open and close the passage. It would be epic.

I have an idea... but I'm not sure if can get enough magmaproof pumps to do it.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

final update for me. or is it?!

Postby muffinman42 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:49 pm

pictures are uploading.

the mining for metal has found us a strange blue metal, it matchs the legends of "adamantine" perfectly, we shall begin excavation of the metal soon.
trogs have become a bit violent, so i sent a squad down to deal with them.
and by armok are they effective!
digging deeper we hit yet another cavern.
TRAGEDY! the loyal recruit Kikrost Bisekbesmar was killed defending our fort :cry:

due to the increased number of injurys i have ordered a hospital built with a cistern filled with river water from which a well will draw.. wait, SHIT! the rivers frozen! shit! SHIT!
oh wait, water from caverns...

digging out of a catacomb for the dead has begun, for me a gold floored room with statues has been planned :) .

Finally after much work to get to it, we have adamantine! PRAISE THE MINERS!
in honor of our miners we shall be holding a party at the great hall! free booze! all squads get the day off! everybody drop your tools and weapons! lets get drunk and eat and sing songs!

A deep rumble shakes the fort.

then loud enough to wake the dead. terrifying screams of torment echo round the fort. I yell over all the noise and organise some workers into quick squads. and lead everyone to the mineshaft that the sound comes from.

everybody charges down,i run ahead and find a banshee is waiting, it sits there and it's black soulless eyes stare at me. those eyes are the last i see.

As my spirit (a single malt whiskey) drifts though the fort i see panic defenses being made, a wall is built in the shaft to try to stop the demons while the squads i had made where slaughtered by the foul demons.
the lower barracks are quickly swarmed with vomit demons, they destroy all the dwarfs there.
as i rose i saw the chief medical dwarf, a friend to many, banging on a floor that a savvy mason had built.
far below the battle rages, cadian is flung against a wall and explodes into a bloody spray.
the remaining dwarfs;
I have paid the ultimate price for opening hell. I have paid with my life. my last wish is that i could some how undo this process by which the fort has been maimed. i will never even be in my tomb, as their are hundreds of demons between my tomb and my body.

Code: Select all
I have a backup, and don't plan to stop here. I will replay from the end of my last update and treat this one as a dream(all mining down will be curtailed) if the backup works. if not then have fun rody  :lol:
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Scottsman » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Did I live?
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby muffinman42 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Scottsman wrote:Did I live?

no. I don't think any named lived. which is why i plan to redo the season :( .
Scottsman cancels write diary: interrupted by vomit devil

It was an accident really, I though it was solid as this was literally the top layer of the pipe. so i mined away and suddenly "POOF" open door to hell, last time this happened i got a mason in and they sealed it. this time the demons where too fast. :cry:

so yeah, we have no shiny blue metal but we do have HFS on tap.

seems my mining of gold from the stone layers around the caverns (so much gold!) went unrecorded by screenshots, just to note we have tons of the shit. turn it into crafts and ship it off in train for steal anything to melt down and turn into weapons.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft