SUCCESSION: The DF Brikwars Game

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Postby Scottsman » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:57 am

*carved into the wall is a hastily made journal*
i don't have much time. demons that way <--. f your reading this run.
its to late for me, i have heard the screams, i have listened to what they say. all will perish, but I shall be reborn. My only hope is that it is q
*The rest of the wall is covered in blood and vomit. There is a dwarf skeleton who's insides are all covered in vomit.*
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby muffinman42 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 am

agh, my head... ah? my bed! I'm alive! im happy, and now i know what must be done!
proper defenses in the cavern!

seal off the mine! no more digging down!

water for the hospital

instead we shall dig the shallow gold and trade for steel and bronze!
migrants!
and a caravan! i hope they have plenty of metal.

A blind bear got out of the caverns and has caused trouble,
our troops fought well, one recruit gripped on to the bear by his teeth!

sadly the deaths have caused some tantrums, and in a fit of rage, rody committed murder.
[img][img]http://i.imgur.com/bmVru.png[/img][/img]

to improve our defenses i order the digging of a magma moat, tragically Ross V fell and was boiled to death in the magma.

we traded with the merchants for some metal, in return we gave them stone and gold crafts (we brought nearly everything with about 10 crafts).
and the liaison gave this notice for what the mountain homes want us to produce;

A FORGOTTEN BEAST IN THE CAVERN! RAISE THE DRAW BRIDGE! oh it's up already? carry on, let's just leave it in there, maybe dig a shaft to drop sieges in.

continued work on defense and on industry, the hospital works well and we are getting a nice pile of gold.

agh goblins, and we don't have any traps because the last overseer has such odd hallways!

ordered everyone into burrows, forgot to include the hospital...
many many dwarfs have died now holding the front, but not a single goblin has passed!

ah... I did some head counting in the meeting hall, and well... 18... and some of our bravest and brightest are dead. are legendary engraver, our metal smiths, furnace operators, farmers... dead by those cursed goblins.

one defensive measure I'm very glad was finished before the attack is a bridge that when raised acts as a wall, this will hold them off till we think of something.
agh, this is quite stressful, an old miner like me doesn't know how to handle a besieged fort. I guess I'll give everybody a proper tour as the goblins are shut out, then we shall decide who will be next.

this is the main living flour, the giant hall is a dining hall, the set of 3 rooms above are statue gardens, with a artifact statue in the middle, the magma forges are producing gold statues for the garden. beside that are the bedrooms, some bedrooms have an office or dining room attached.

The floor above is pretty self explanatory, the forges and stock piles and workshops is all.
then far below is the enclosed section of cavern, the lever next to the bridge opens and closes it.

well my time as leader is up for now.
the next leader can take the fort from me, i just want to go back to being a simple miner.

Code: Select all
well that's me done. semi-fail, but not as bad as my other autumn.
I ran a bit into spring as i wanted to have the fort in lockdown before handing over, as having the miltry in combat and the doors open would be difficult when you are trying to figure out how the fort ticks.

DOWNLOAD
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Scottsman » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Ugh, my head. Blasted demons killed... me? Okay, what the fuck!? We're all here and very not dead. It couldn't have been a dream, to real. What's going on? Got to get planning. This place is as defensible as a barrle of elvish wine.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Rody » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:56 am

Oh wow, seems like it is now my turn.
will get to it...
after college.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Scottsman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:25 am

how long a wait we looking at here?
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Rody » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:53 am

playing tonight, damn, this fortress needs to update its defence.

and the magma? not utilised enough.
let's start pump production.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Rody » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:09 pm

What the fuck is this shit, we're swimming in gold but can't seem to get what is really important.
BOOZE! the lack of which made me die of thirst, literally.
seems like there simply aren't enough barrels to put the lifegiving liquids in.
we shall have to fix that, we also have gold surplus so...
golden barrels filled with booze, win-win in my opinion.

hopes for more booze and resources trough clever trading got destroyed, an elven caravan showed up.
only to be obliterated seconds later by a horde of goblins.
fuck this shit.

there better be ways we can kill those fuckers.
(pics up later)
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby enders_shadow » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 pm

.......Pour a bunch of molten hot magma (redundancy anyone?) on them?
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby muffinman42 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:12 am

we had booze last i checked :? .

DON'T MAKE METAL BARRELS! MAKE STONE POTS!
you can make pots out of common stone now at a craft workshop. they hold liquids and food.
melt any metal barrels! make statues for happy thoughts. since we have magma just keep melting poor quality metal items.

I would suggest sealing the entance tunnel, then link magma though pumps... open the entrance gate, wait for all goblins to be inside... melt them... gather the iron items left. :wink:
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Scottsman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Whens the next update?
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Rody » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 am

As soon as I have the time, an indication got done sooner than expected so I need to move to another home.
Will end my turn this weekend.

Kinda wish I had more time, bu ah well. others need to have their turn as well. and I died anyway...
(a shame though, I planned on making an elaborate lava trap of which I wouldn't tell which lever not to pull, but it never got beyond designing in my head)
Da Save:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lk1ebmbpyqqfq49
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Rody » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:27 am

*bump*
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby muffinman42 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:48 am

SCOTSMAN! HAUL YOUR ARSE TO THE OVERSEERS OFFICE NOW!
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Scottsman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Sorry about the delay. should have part one up later today.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Scottsman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 pm

16th of Felsite: They apointed me learder today! Me! A humble farmer! 'Bout damn time. I took a look at our fortress, and I'm not impressed. Not sure what to do, but it may involve spikes.
I ordered some more gold mined out. We're low on metals in general, aside from this stuff. I wonder if you can make gold hammers? (nope)
We have about 12 goblins sitting outside, and that could be a big problem. No trolls, so I might be able to do some mean things to them with spikes.
25th of felsite: HOLY FUCK WE'RE BEING HAUNTED BY OUR SOLDIERS NOBODY TOLD ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN OH GOD WHY DID I TAKE THIS JOB?!
In other non ghost news, I'm making a metric ton of obsidian shortswords (120) for defense and traps. Once I have enough, I can trap the hell out of the front area and invite those fucking goblins in.
Looks like our bridge spans a magma pit. This would be usefull if somebody knew WHERE THE FUCKING LEVER IS! I can not find a single lever in this whole damn fortress! I'll go grab another overseer by the throat and ask him by the magma pit. I wonder how Rody is doing?
Sorry about the lack of pictures, nothing noteworthy for now, just making some simple orders, getting an idea of this fort, and hoping I can churn out plenty of death. Goblin, preferably, but I'm not picky.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft