Mechs, Giant Walls, and Jesus in drag (5 Way Face Off)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Paco
Dimmy

Mechs, Giant Walls, and Jesus in drag (5 Way Face Off)

Post by Paco » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Last weekend, five people showed up at Saint Child's house for some BrikWars action. Five hours, two pizzas, and many YouTube videos later, the battle ended after two very awesome turns.
The battlefield. In addition to that, he also has his giant VTOL, and a bunch of orange jetpack guys scattered throughout the map.

The infamous Peanut Gallery. They've got a new cavalry, and have also brought their Ewok Bomb Launcher. Their hero, Akbar, is in a giant black crawler that recieves a lot of attention later on.

Saint Child also has the giant grey apocacruiser towards the top of the picture, which has his white squad inside.

To the right of them are Saint Child's Red Squadron, featuring two very awesome Dreadnaughts, a Crab Droid, and a squad of guys.

A newcomer Jack also played. He has a bunch of cool old castle guys, a mech, and a scorpion walker, which would prove a huge pain to everyone later in the game.

My guys, the Oktan Oil Korps, are in the center near the crane.

A better picture of the Peanut Gallery.

And then we have Louis. Oh my. This guy was new to BrikWars, but had read the rules, and was a crucial source of information. He also had a HUGE collection of classic castle, space, and even some pirates. His MOCs were also badass. He's got the huge anti-existance cannon in yellow, an ATV in red (it swung up and down like a ghetto car), a giant mech, and Darth Maul sitting on the world's smallest Tie Fighter.

Louis' awesome centaur. And a D100, which we actually managed to incorporate into the game.

And just before the game begins, baconraider puts down Steve, the walking bomb in the dead center of the field. Oh my.

The Peanut Gallery's pair of walking legs is sadly destroyed.

Louis' ATV takes a shot at Saint Child's VTOL.

The damage roll is high enough to destroy a whole side of the VTOL. This quickly brings up a big issue: which way the VTOL will fall. We argue, and agree that it falls backwards. The problem to this is that it falls right in the center of the wall. A "What I Say Goes" Roll is called. Louis wins, and decides that it falls off the table and onto a can of George Bush lemonade (or some other soda). This puts it out of the game.

An Overwatch. Me, Saint Child, and Jack have started to move our forces towards the opening in the wall, but Jack's scorpion walker proves a huge obstable for me. I can't move past it! So my army has to inch itself closer. Inch; as in, one inch. All I was able to do was have my hero jump onto the walkway of the gate and take a potshot at one of Louis' guys, which missed. Baconraider meanwhile moves his guys towards the center, using his army as cover for Louis' guys, most of whom are close-combat only. Their strategy was to wait until Louis could reach my guys, then stop us at the hole, and use the gap to slaughter us. Baconraider also has his black walker climb the wall, and it precariously perches atop it.

A view for Louis' POV. His vehicles have mostly moved up towards the gap, with the iceworlders close behind. Here you can also see just how badly the scorpion walker was cockblocking.

Being on fire presents no obstacle for the Peanut Gallery. They seek blood all the same.

Meanwhile, glorious carnage occurs. The scorpion walker begins to face off against Louis, while one of my battle buses proves that the cannon is mightier than the dragon, completely annihilating the Shaman. Jack also moves his cavalry up. The face off between Louis and the Oil Korp intensifies as my heavy bolter bravely stares down the much larger ATV, although the battle bus takes 2 SP of damage during the fight. A tauntaun is also killed.

It is at this point that Louis' giant robot mech enters combat.

It aims it's massive gun at the scorpion walker...

Oh my.

Boom.

And another blast is shot as the apocacrusier is absolutely demolished! :shock:

However, literally everyone on and inside the vehicle managed to bail. Except for one guy, you can see his skeleton in the last picture.

Louis continues his massive streak of destruction by destroying one of my battle buses. Two guys manage to bail.

His white tank then manages to blow up my fighter-transport. The amount of destruction he managed to unleash was absurd.

It's like a parade of impending doom.

An Ewok bomb is launched (though I doubt it ever came down)

Louis' base. It has his anti-existance cannon, a missile rack, a missile launcher, a shield generator, and a few Peanut Gallery hide-aways.

The pics don't do it justice, but the way Louis built his ATV, it hinged so that it had a ton of traction.

Jack unfortunately had to leave at this time, which cleared up a bit of room. In the far right corner, you can also see dead g-ay indianna jones.

Combat between Saint Child and Louis continues as one of the Dreadnoughts is destroyed.

But Louis also is experiencing losses, including one of his scout vehicles.

But now, the rest of the carnage is ignored as the other dreadnought aims to avenge the loss of its brother by challenging the giant mech.

Each fires a beam of color-coded destruction at each other.

The beams collide and push against each other, neither one overpowering the other.

But inevitably...

One must fall.

:boss:

The crab droid climbs on top of the destroyed battle bus, and destroys the ATV.

One of Saint Child's guys decides that he is He-Man, and runs up the arm of the mech as manly as possible, closely followed by Battle cult.

By the power of Greyskull...

and by that I mean my OTC...

...I'll kick your ass!

...and then the battle ended. Oh well. Anyway, here's one of Louis' stat cards. Many of them had removable tops he could put on or take off if he wanted to make them his hero or just a regular fig.

But here's some final overviews.

Here's a good picture that somehow got pushed down to the end. Baconraider had his mech fall on Saint Child's squad, squishing two or three of them. However, SC's hero used his feat to uppercut through the mech, which he did, like a total badass.

...we never did get to use that castle...
Last edited by Paco on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Nice battle, and lovely dreads!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Awesome carnage and armies.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Now that looked like a fuckin Brikwar! Love the random armies and vehicles, Louis mech was awesome, very classy look. Nice job guys 8)

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Very Brikwarsy!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:14 am

This looked completely ludicrous. Battles with lots of random creations mercilessly throwing themselves at each other are always fun.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:36 am

What kind of rules was Louis using? Unless he had ossum rolls and you totally suck with dice there is no way that white tank would have one-hitted that fighter transport. A size 4 at best gun vs a creation that is easily 6" long, probably more, like you had to roll epically bad 6 times and he had to roll epically ossum for that to happen in 1 turn even if your transport was a measly SL2...
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:26 am

Nice battle, but the thing that gets me is: you had 5 people and only ate two pizzas?

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:44 am

This? This is awesome. Kudos to you all.

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Natalya wrote:What kind of rules was Louis using? Unless he had ossum rolls and you totally suck with dice there is no way that white tank would have one-hitted that fighter transport. A size 4 at best gun vs a creation that is easily 6" long, probably more, like you had to roll epically bad 6 times and he had to roll epically ossum for that to happen in 1 turn even if your transport was a measly SL2...
We were under a limited time, so for the most part we just winged it.

Also I rolled 3 1s and a 2 for its armor. We messed up armor ratings and Structure Levels / SP pretty badly, but we figured we might as well just roll with it to see how much we could destroy in the last half hour of game time.

Next time I'm going to try and be better with vehicle SP, as we were talking about doing a space battle.
Tzan wrote:

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:08 pm

wow. Loved the mech, it had almost a classic-space kind of feel. this battle looked very nice, with the amount of carnage, destruction, and size. Wonderful job (And someone needs to upload pictures of that apocacruiser, that is sexy!)

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm

:ftw: This is the best brikwar I've seen in a while! major kudos to the destruction!
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:
Natalya wrote:What kind of rules was Louis using? Unless he had ossum rolls and you totally suck with dice there is no way that white tank would have one-hitted that fighter transport. A size 4 at best gun vs a creation that is easily 6" long, probably more, like you had to roll epically bad 6 times and he had to roll epically ossum for that to happen in 1 turn even if your transport was a measly SL2...
We were under a limited time, so for the most part we just winged it.

Also I rolled 3 1s and a 2 for its armor. We messed up armor ratings and Structure Levels / SP pretty badly, but we figured we might as well just roll with it to see how much we could destroy in the last half hour of game time.

Next time I'm going to try and be better with vehicle SP, as we were talking about doing a space battle.
What I'm saying is you would have had to make an abysmal roll like that six times for it to die in one turn. Here is how this works...

Unit A fires a size 4 weapon at Unit B and hits the target.

Unit A rolls 4 d6 (because weapon size is 4) and gets 5, 4,5, and 2 which adds up to 16.

Unit B now rolls for armour. Unit B is a size 4 creation (4 inches long) with SL3 armour. SL3 armour means Unit B gets to roll 3d10. Unit B rolls 3, 2, 7 which adds up to 12. 12 < 16, so Unit B
(emphasis here because I think this is where you fucked up) takes one point of Structure Damage and is now down to 3 points of Structure Health or whatever you want to call it. It had 4 to start with because it was size 4 as mentioned above. That means you get to roll your armour again for the next point, subtracting your first roll from the damage that Unit A did, meaning on this armour roll you only have to beat 4.

Unit B rolls armour (3d10) again and gets 2, 1, 8 which adds up to 11. 11 is greater than 4 so no further damage is incurred and the game goes on.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Oh!

Okay that makes a lot more sense now. What I think we were using was having the 3D10 armor value as a flat armor value for the creation + the number of structure points. (so for my flyer, I rolled two 1s and a 2, and then added +4 for the number of structure points.) We also messed up the armor values. For the first few rounds of combat, we rolled the armor values as 3D6 instead of 3D10, and we just decided to keep going with that so we wouldn't make anything unbalanced (not like the battle wasn't already unbalanced lol)
Tzan wrote:

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:53 pm

[edited back into OP]
Last edited by Paco on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tzan wrote: