who would be interested in purchasing MOCs and

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Although J+B is the best builder on the forums, I still wouldn't buy any of his stuff.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:Although J+B is the best builder on the forums, I still wouldn't buy any of his stuff.
He is?

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:25 pm

The funny thing about j+b is he tossed out his insults before he asked how much. Given the correct price there is a lot on this forum I would buy and given the wrong price I would not touch any of it. j+b trolled, in his own asswipe way, all of the rest of you because he did not know the prices being asked for anything. :lol:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:27 pm

I still think any MOC is priceless. By the time you sell it, IMO, it isint a MOC anymore.

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 am

Well there's obviously a few people interested about THE ORIGINAL TOPIC.

So post some things and their prices.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:47 am

BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:Although J+B is the best builder on the forums, I still wouldn't buy any of his stuff.
He is?
Debatably, Siercon and Coral are better. Just because they post more and actually have armies.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:Although J+B is the best builder on the forums,
Links please.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:40 pm

*snrk* Hahahahaha

J+B is still an amature, he's just cocky and thinks he's better than us.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:44 pm

BFenix wrote:
He is?
Even if he were, the stuff he makes is pretty bland anyway. The only thing I've seen that actually shows good building technique and not just a bunch of fancy parts stacked on top of one another are his three jets, and those were only recent developments.

It would be one thing if he actually was on par with a lot of the higher builders in the Lego community, but criticizing because some of us aren't on par is kind of ridiculous. Especially since all he seems to put out are minifigs.

Even if we aren't the best builders, think about the people who ARE the best builders in the Lego community. They're older people with steady jobs. They have money to pay for ridiculous amounts of Lego and can go buy Bricklink orders every week if they want. Older people also have usually settled in on one or two major hobbies along with their jobs. They don't do much else. I don't know about the rest of us, but I don't have a room or corner devoted to my Lego, and it's not all nicely sorted. I only build for maybe a couple hours a week at most, and that's just fiddling around. I have more hobbies and other ways to spend my time than just Lego.

I also don't have a fancy camera and lightbox to take pictures of my MOCs. I've been sitting on a couple creations that I don't have time to photograph because of school, etc.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:18 pm

stubby wrote:
Links please.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:42 pm

It isn't that we build with less quality than the other members of the lego community, its just that our creations are designed to be destroyed in a brikwars than just looked at on a shelf, so most people would prefer that their creations are durable and easy to put back together. It's not very important to have something look amazing if your just gonna break it later.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:35 pm

His jets are copies of Dr. X's Hr-ships. They're good nonetheless (I've copied that design about three different ways as well), and his APC designs are good too. He builds ok, but a lot of his stuff is derivative.
I like Siggy as a builder (especially his armored vehicles) but I don't get the idea of purchasing MOCs when you can just build something similar from your own collection.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:42 pm

MOC's that make me laugh are 100% better then MOC's with superior building techniques. For example the kamikaze Indian school truck was absolutely superb.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

fredde
Cannon Fodder

Post by fredde » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 am

J+B y u so rude?

also no offense but I propably would never buy a MOC because when I receive it its....well not mine and I can't feel proud over making it and if I buy it for parts then there are cheaper sources for parts and if someone else built the moc or ogoc (other guy/gal`s original creation) it gets a sort of I can't tear this down beacause someone else built it and I can't build better with the parts I gain kinda thing and that doesn't really fit with brikwars since it prevents you from making awesome stuff with the stuff you paid money on

Also just to make this clear There are plenty of awesome creations on this forum that i would gladly want to say I built this but its better to establish your own skills than to buy other peoples mocs and use them for brikwars/play/swooshing/whatever.

Also sad to see you enter a dark age silent sigfig I always loved your creations.
Natalya wrote: Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:06 am

stubby wrote:
Links please.
Read his posts in this thread. See the vibe that's going on there?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D