Shipwars (variation on Brikwars for dogfighting)

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Well, i'm back. here's how the game went.

he had 20 harrypotter guys with beating sticks,three Dino attack ATVs, two D1no Attack cars, one fire hammer, one tank, and one hellicopter, and a base, and a bunch of dino attack guys, 3 heroes, and a champion.

! had around 30 troops with weapons of some sort, a jeep, and ATV, a boat-car, a dune buggy, a news helicopter, 3 heroes and a champion.

we had some straitforeward fighting, and my news chopper was great for dropping off troops. while i was engaging his main troops, I had my champion and three troops sneak into his base, go to the helicopter landing pad, and kill the five troops and too pilots around it. I lost one guy here, and around ten in the field. One of his ATV's got blown up, the other comandeered by one of my heros(who subsequently ran it into a wall). Hif two cars were wrecking havoc with my forces, and the fact that i crammed four troops into the boat car didn't help. here's where i pulled an awesome manuver with the chopper's winch.

i'll edit the rest in tomarrow, i'm tired.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:44 am

Sounds like an interesting battle. Any pictures?

It also illustrates one of the reasons why I think flyers are waaay under-rated in Brikwars. They can drop troops basically anywhere. Perfect for a small, mobile force like mine.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:21 pm

okay, continuing...

Now a trooper named "Dave" Swung on thw winch, into the passenger seat of the Fire hammer, and kicked the pilot out. The pilot went to the base with several soldiers and freed the helicopter. Once that monster was in the air, I lost pretty fast.

In conclusion, helicopters are awesome units. preticularly when they have whinches attatched.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:54 pm

the rules are OK but I thank the DR for his descriptions of the missiles as the brikwars rulebook doesn't make it very clear.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 pm

piltogg wrote:the rules are OK but I thank the DR for his descriptions of the missiles as the brikwars rulebook doesn't make it very clear.
The Brikwars rulebook did not have rules for heat-seeking missiles, so that's partly why I made Shipwars. Brikwars isn't an air combat game, but Shipwars is. That's why the entire scale and stats are different.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.