Official 1.8 Thread

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:32 pm

[ Play this song whilst reading the following post- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV0wPBYDQ6Y ]

Once upon a time, the BrikWarriors were mighty, and strong! Among them were the likes of Warhead, a great hero with many a tale of might and conquest(sometimes of the sexual nature), Rayhawk(a just and noble king), and Dr. X(a secluded genius who build the most marvelous machines!)!

In their glory they built a great keep, hidden in the highest mountain, that mortals could only reach by traveling through Hell itself!

Once, an unlikey group of heroes-to-be tried to seek out this mystic keep.
Snakemittens, the young and brash, but strong!
Ex-Lep, the ancient, but not broken, warrior from a distant age!
Keldoclock, the scholar that, through much effort, divined the location of this ancient keep!

They journeyed, first to the bowels of the Earth, and collected the glorious reagents to complete the ritual of Transport.
The Heroes had only completed the ritual, and decided to rest for the night, before taking the final step of their journey!

But alas! They were beset upon in the night, a veritable seige from the evil Notaturtle, who was indeed not at all a turtle, but a dark and powerful wizard!

Our heroes were almost broken, but pressed on through Hell itself, and dug through the very walls of Satan's lair, and cast the sacred Ritual, calling upon the spirits of Brikhalla!

The sage Keldoclock was the first to be forced through to the blessed keep, but alas! The thousands of years since it's founding had ruined the ancient structure!

Aided by Ex-Lep's old but steady hands, Keldoclock rebuilt the glorious keep, so that the Earth might once more know it's glory!

The keep was claimed by Brikhalla in but three nights, for it's beauty was great and it's ale cellar even greater, and with it were borne the three glorious new heroes!

Snakemittens, the young, bold, and strong!

Ex-Lep, the ancient, given new youth by the glorious horns of Brikhalla!

and the Sage Architect Keldoclock, who returned to the earth once more, for his work was not done.

There was a yet greater castle to build.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:47 pm

:wtc:
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby knolli » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:47 pm

I think this should be moved to the anarchy server thread. Nice story, btw. And the small helpers along the way are forgotten by history. :-(
Last edited by knolli on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Ex-Lep » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:43 pm

We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Hmm... epic, but moved. Wait, bloody hell, I can't figure it out.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby SnakeMittens » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 am

1.8 IS OUT! :csi:
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby knolli » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 am

The new light and the swampland look awesome. There was a river running from the desert through the swamp to the sea. Later I found a natural lake surrounded by high mountains in the recpective biome and instantly decided to build my wizard's tower in the center of it.

While I built the first floor, night came and with it the Endermen, but they ignored me.

The new health system is way better than the old one. And now you find food everywhere. Mobs and mushrooms are far more common now.

I havn't found any villages or strongholds yet, but I've only played an hour or so.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 pm

@Keldoclock

I got to the end of the post right when she started to sing and it was incredibly awesome.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 pm

^ guess we read at the same speed, than.

I find that timing speeches and monologues to music is almost universally a good idea, it's a trick I picked up from DMing.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Previous

Return to blah blah minecraft