Postwhoring

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Leonardo812 wrote:I am not a fan of deleting or editing peoples posts.

If someone is doing something inappropriate, send them a PM.
If they keep doing it, send them another one.
If they still do it, delete their accounts instead of making the administrator or mods follow them around, cleaning up their trash.

But that's just my opinion.

honestly i agree, but we're only at around 50 members. that's barely enough to warrant addition of mods, which don't even look like they're showing up for a while anyways.

we're a small family. we stick together
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Rayhawk » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:03 pm

I love editing and deleting other people's posts, when it's me who gets to do it. It gives me a certain thrill to know I'm violating other people's rights on nothing more than a whim and a vague idea of the kind of forum behavior I would prefer. It's because I know it's wrong that I enjoy it so much.

Edits that are fair, or appropriate, or anything but the arbitrary imposition of my fickle will, those are the kinds of edits that belong on other forums. But these are the BrikWars forums, and What I Say Goes. (Side note: muhuhahaha)

I'm not sure I'd ever want to add mods, because mods would try to be fair or to follow some kind of rules for what gets modded and what doesn't, and the thought of these make me frown. What I have considered is creating positions for some kind of Grammar Piltogg (to correct the works of randomly-chosen grammar criminals) or maybe a Link Monster (to add hyperlinks to people's posts because everyone here seems to be too lazy to do it themselves).

Deciding to take the route of cleaning up the entire forums in one giant sweep wasn't a decision I took lightly, because wasting a day of my vacation is obviously something not to take lightly. But with the forums just starting out, everyone coming in new is going to look to the existing threads as a model for how to comport themselves here, and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea right off the bat.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Captain Nomouth » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:17 pm

I would like to volunteer for the position of Link Monster.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby Skinnydude » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:24 pm

I think I'll just keep being a Grammar Piltogg to myself. I mean, I've modded on other forums, and I hate having to keep track of other peoples crap.

So much easier to just let the admin take care of it. After all, he's the one who gets all the good dice rolls :P
Well what've we got here....
Skinnydude
Champion

Postby Blitzen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 pm

I would like to volunteer for the position of Grammar Piltogg. Even if I don't get it I'll probably end up editing posts in my mind anyway, so I think it's fair(or unfair, depending on whether or not Mike is reading this) to have the whole board benefit from this compulsory behaviour.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby piltogg » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:27 pm

If anything like that happens, I would like to pre-apolagize to whoever is the gramar police because I make mistakes alot.

also mikes wanton editings usualy are funny and therefore fairness matters not
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby King of Brix » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Moderators would be a good idea when there are more members... Although, for now, Mike seems to be handling stuff rather well.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby Carrnevil9 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:12 am

piltogg wrote:If anything like that happens, I would like to pre-apolagize to whoever is the gramar police because I make mistakes alot.

also mikes wanton editings usualy are funny and therefore fairness matters not

These are not police, these are SS officers who will one day be tried for war crimes. Do not take their job lightly. I wholeheartedly salute your efforts, (Name of Officer here.)
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS
Carrnevil9
Officer

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:17 am

I would like to volunteer to be Overlord then you can spend the rest of your vacation playing brikwars. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Rayhawk » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:27 pm

james+burgundy wrote:I would like to volunteer to be Overlord then you can spend the rest of your vacation playing brikwars. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too late! Vacation's over. Ask me again in July.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:30 pm

I will. LOL LOL LOL
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Blitzen wrote:I would like to volunteer for the position of Grammar Piltogg. Even if I don't get it I'll probably end up editing posts in my mind anyway, so I think it's fair(or unfair, depending on whether or not Mike is reading this) to have the whole board benefit from this compulsory behaviour.

i second the nomination for OCD girl to grammar Piltogg. i'd volunteer, but i have a nasty habit of editing people's posts so that they end up saying a) nice things about me and b) derogatory things about themselves. i actually think it's pretty funny, but violating internet law makes me feel sad ;-;
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Almighty Benny » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:07 pm

If I were to apply for the position of "Link Monster", this would be my curriculum vitae:
piltogg wrote:thanks mutch, I do not enjoy looking stupid
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby DarkWolf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:29 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Blitzen wrote:I would like to volunteer for the position of Grammar Piltogg. Even if I don't get it I'll probably end up editing posts in my mind anyway, so I think it's fair(or unfair, depending on whether or not Mike is reading this) to have the whole board benefit from this compulsory behaviour.

i second the nomination for OCD girl to grammar Piltogg. i'd volunteer, but i have a nasty habit of editing people's posts so that they end up saying a) nice things about me and b) derogatory things about themselves. i actually think it's pretty funny, but violating internet law makes me feel sad ;-;

I also vote for Blitzen for Grammar Piltogg. Though, knowing these forums, her fingers will fall off from the effort of editing everyone's posts. Also, IV, what internet law? Is not the point of the internet to have fun and mock people without fear of retribution?
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Rayhawk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:40 pm

DarkWolf wrote:I also vote for Blitzen for Grammar Piltogg. Though, knowing these forums, her fingers will fall off from the effort of editing everyone's posts. Also, IV, what internet law? Is not the point of the internet to have fun and mock people without fear of retribution?

I believe John Gabriel said it best:

John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory

If there were a Grammar Piltogg, I think it would be best to limit editing to one post per day, so that only the most egregious example would be singled out for humiliating revision. And also there's the Prime Directive to consider.
Rayhawk
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements