Pumping Iron

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

Pumping Iron

Postby Pwnerade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:09 pm

I worked out in the gym yesterday :boss:, but now my muscles feel a little sore. Do you guys have any manly workout tips? Also, feel free to brag about how much you can bench.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 pm

The more you stretch the less annoying the pain will be.
If you do weight lifting first on one side of your body and then on the other side you should count how many reps you did and do the same number on the other side or you will end up asymmetrical.

if you have to do for example 40 reps of something be sure to count from 1 to 20 and then back from20 again. Because you are counting down this will give you a mental boost to push further.
Also always try to do one more when you think you are finished with a certain rep and then sill just one more etc. This will really boost your ability to push your muscles to the limit.

When doing push up or chin ups try many different kinds. For example 10 with hands close to each other, 10 with hands at shoulder width from each other, 10 more with hand far apart from each other. Also do this with angling your elbows differently. This will make sure you don't miss any muscle and give you a very nice overall round muscle increase.

Working out won't do anything if you just go to the gym once a week. Try working out for just twenty minutes a day is already a great start.
And remember if you don't wan't to go to the gym all the time just work out while doing other stuff. For example if you ride your bicycle, then peddle standing on your toes to really train your caffs well. When sitting in school try doing sitting push ups on your chair. every time you come past a door do 2 chin ups by grabbing the ledge above the door. If you have a bunk bed don't use the ladder but do a pull up to get into your bed. Etc etc etc..........

tl;dr: Work out all the time, every where and don't become asymetrical.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Pwnerade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 pm

I was using machines, which are designed to work muscles evenly.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby enders_shadow » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Asymmetry=disgusting and weird. Also, follow Crazyhorse's advice, working out whenever you can is definitely a good strategy. Running is also great exercise, and should not be forgotten.

When doing pushups, pullups, crunches, sit ups, etc. I like to use a mental stimulation as well. Horses way of counting up and down works, but I prefer the '7' method (I just made that name up, so don't try googling it). When you reach a number that contains seven in it (i.e. 7, 17, 27, etc.) you have to do that number seven times before continuing your counting. This means your brain is counting about half of what you are actually doing, and doesn't make you as tired (so, for example, you would count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,17,17,17,17,17,17,18,19,20) So, your body does 32 reps, while your mind only perceives 20 of them.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby Silent-sigfig » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 pm

water polo makes you a tank
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 pm

fo football we have a pretty cool set up for our work outs, and i can make a write up if you want,
and i squatted 300+ and benched 200 for my last max in the middle of summer
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby BFenix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 am

We have about 3 gym/workout threads already, one by yours truly. You can find lots of useful tips there, search for them.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Return to The Metal