Lore of Brikhaven

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians

Lore of Brikhaven

Postby SnakeMittens » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:In the final battle of Ironfall, the swords of the Mayor and King clash atop the highest tower. Battles untold have led to this moment. Even now, in the sea beyond the horizon, the Tempersian fleet lays in wait for the signal. Hand to hand combat below roars as enemy artillery explodes on the walls, attempting to take the tower down before the Beacon can be lit, summoning the fleet and spelling doom for the city.

No words are spoken between the mortal enemies. The dead litter the rooftop, and the Mayor forces the King to the edge of the tower's rubble of battlements. A flight of arrows flits past as the King swings the Mayor around as well. They struggle for a brief moment, their swords forgotten, too close to swing. The King sweeps the Mayor's feet out from under him, stumbling on a rock. The Mayor plummets, taking the King with him. They drop like a stone towards the combat below. And then...

They are halted, and the giant visage of the Wizard appears, hovering over Ironfall.

He sneers. Having disappeared four months ago, he was assumed dead, and looks much the worse for wear. A fresh scar skips down his face on a side as he glares at the pair, arrested in midair. "You two never knew when to let well enough alone, did you?" his voice booms out across the midday sky. "Well, let me show you a trick."

His size grows double as he thrusts out his hands. Off on the horizon, a giant wave of water erupts, decimating the fleet. It rushes towards the coast, swamping homes on the edge of the sea as it comes forward. Towards the sun, he waves, and it slowly begins to move... spinning faster... until it is a blur across the sky, and a band of light blazes at the level of dawn.

He chuckles. "Ssss." Another wave of his hand, as his ropes flap around his bony ankles. Over towards the west, the city of Tempersia rises through the air, towers and battlements shattering and plummeting towards the groud below as it is ripped from the living earth, encased in a shimmering orb. An explosion sounds in the crater, sounding louder. The King and Mayor look up as the Moon itself begins to descend towards them, darkening the sunband.

"I'm tired of you," shouts the Wizard, over the sounds crashing throughout the land as darkness and the Moon descends. "It is time to recreate this world- in my image! Ahahahahaha!" Orbs, containing the wonders of Briktopia, begin to rise behind him and as far as the eye can see. The warriors below, their combat halted, drop their weapons in shock as the ground shudders. A shield encases the city as it begins to rise. The Moon is noticeably louder, and all can hear the growing sound of recurrent explosions as the ground erupts below. The Wizard grins, his face swelling to enormous proportions as a single eye flicks between the King's and the Mayor's. "And the world ends, with you in a snowglobe of my own design-"

He cuts off his sentence as a blaze of light pierces the shield and buries itself in his chest. The King and Mayor look down, as The Rogue draws another bolt to his chest. "Begone, spirit," he says, his voice carrying clear as a bell. "You are no Wizard, and we shall have none to do with you." He grins slightly, taking aim. Buildings crash around him and he seems untouched, as the Wizard's rage fails to reach him. Another bolt pierces the orb and the giant's eye. He roars in pain, and the darkness around him begins to swirl, the creations of the Age of Empires in their cages clustering together. "You mortal," he bellows, sending all but the Rogue to their knees, clutching their ears. "You cannot challenge me!" "Try me," says the Rogue, his smirk undiminished.

The final arrow is drawn to his chest, and a blaze of light and color surrounds it as the Rogue spins, releasing it. It flies, straight and true, to pierce the Tower and the crystal within.

The light, stuttering beyond the Moon, stops, and begins to grow.

The Wizard, his eyes rolling up in his head, diminishes and shrinks rapidly, disappearing as the orbs begin to fall.

Touchdown.

You pick yourself up and look around at an unfamiliar landscape. Witness to the final battle? No matter. Your enemies and allies lay around you, picking themselves up in a disorderly manner. The Mayor and the King are drawn up in the sand, staring at the remnants of the Crystal, former beacon of power and signal of the wealth of Ironfall, now half-buried in sand and cracked in half. A sibilant tone echoes from it as the arrow disappears, the sun overhead blazing forth with vigor.

The King looks about for his finely crafted sword of the highest caliber. It is nowhere to be seen. He sighs, removing his crown, and looks at the Mayor. "Was it a dream?" The Mayor shakes his head. "Nay, I would say not. Too vivid... too... real." They stare at the crystal, then the King looks up again. "Where is the Rogue? I did not realize he had such power." "I didn't realize either, but now it appears it is too late. He has vanished yet again." The Mayor regards the King's face, and a smile twists onto his lips. "He always did say he'd get the both of us eventually though." The King laughs. "That he did." Rising to his feet, he prooffers a hand to the Mayor. "It appears that we are stranded, with nothing more than what we had before or less. Shall we decide on peace?" The Mayor lets the King help him up, saying, "Aye, peace is preferable at the moment. We must gather power again on the chance that the Wizard is not, in fact defeated. And to do that, it looks like it's time for..."

He looks about at the gathered warriors and the unblemished land beyond.

"...an update."

SnakeMittens wrote:The great Baron was lost. He had been trying to slay a creeper; that much he remembered. Now, all that he knew was survival. He had no idea where he was, but he had found a temporary base to live in. Then, like a message from the gods, he was given the coordinates of his home! Immediately he set out on his epic journey, across deserts and oceans, through forests and plains, battling monsters as he went with only a stone sword. Once he was nearly slain again by a murderous creeper. At long last he spotted the mountains of his home; Ironfall! He could finally sleep peacefully in his own bed.

RunsWithLegos wrote:The Father has Wandered a black expanse, lost and frustrated. Ever since the cataclysmic battle that marked the end of the old world and the start of the pilgrimage to the second, foul daemons have trapped him there. As he fights for direction and salvation, he wonders. What of my Brothers? What of IronFall?

knolli wrote:The Grand Master was pleased.
The constuction of the Akademika Magika made good progress. The Main Tower was nearly completed. Soon they would start to build the Dormitorium and the Bibliotheca, the Auditorium Maximum and ... But that wasn't important. The only reason why the Akademika was built here in the wilderness was here in this room with him. He nearly didn't dare to breath because right in front of him the Shard was floating in midair. He could fell the raw magic power it emitted and filled the entire room.

The Shards have been part of the world as long as mankind can remember. Entire religions focused around the them. The Shards were worshipped or feared, offered sacrifices or shunned for centuries.
But in one thing all men agreed: They posses extremly powerful magic and were extremly dangerous. Nobody right in his mind would be crazy enough to touch a Shard, let alone attempt to move it.
So the Grand Master had to construct his new home around it. And now the construction was nearing its end. Soon he could fulfill his very dream.

Never before had a Shard been put to a thorough Analytica Thaumaturgica . The Grand Master knew he had to proceed with all care. But it was hard to stay calm in the face of this legendary object. He just couldn't wait to begin with the first tests.

knolli wrote:"We lost another one." The Dean had trouble to stay calm. The Grand Master sighed and leaned forward in his big chair. "Tell me: How many?"
"Eleven, Gand Master."
"And they never came back?"
"Never."
"Are you sure the students went into the Bibliotheca?"
"We have eye witnesses for the last eight cases."
"And the Head Librarian? What does he do about it?"
"He was the first one to go missing, Sir."
"No, I mean the new one."
"Sir, we don't have a new Head Librarian. Nobody wants to do the job. In fact three Assistents and even one Biliothecarius have handed in their letter of cancelation."
"The old Head was right. We never should have built the Bibliotheca this close to the Shard Chamber. But we fools, we laughed at his mad stories of the L-Space. Books contain Knowledge, Knowledge is Power, Power is proportional to Mass and Mass distorts Space. Ha! Who would believe that. Well, now we know better. As much as it pains me to say that: We will have to seal of the Bibliotheca and..."
"No, we can't do that!", the Dean and slams his hand on the Grand master's desk.
The old man sighs again. "So tell me: Why can't we do that?"
"Well, you know, the Alchemist's study."
"The on on the next floor? What about it?"
"It's gone."
"Gone?!? Everything we learned about Magic and the Shard is in there. Everything!"
"Well, yes. Um, you know, the whole floor. It's gone. The stairs go directly from the second to the fourth floor. It's like the third floor never existed. The way through the Bibliotheca may very well be the only way to reach the Study."
The Grand Master leans back in his big chair and rubs his eyes. "Very well. Get some of these brave adventurers from outside. Promise them discount, gold, free use of our faculties, whatever, if they find a secure way to the hidden study. Let's hope, there are people crazy enough to try. And let's pray that at least one comes back alive."

SnakeMittens wrote:Ironfall has fallen. Its members have deserted it, even the great king Fenix. The Baron can think of a safe haven for him and his followers, though. They shall depart for the Akademika Magika after they have gathered up their valuables.

BFenix wrote:King Fenix lies in shame and disgrace, on the cold dusty floor of Ironfall's citadel. The land is quite, still and lonely for it is a one man kingdom now...

Leave...

I... I can't! There are still a few who believe in my kingdom! Who expect something from me! By the Gods, I'm their King!

Your kingdom? You mean a towering mountain, its bowels defiled by a ghost town? Your followers have deserted you, your absence crushed their hope, only aspects of dreams now wander your so called kingdom. Ironfall gathers dust and now belongs to the dark spawns of the night. Its iron rusts, like its essence...

NO! There is still a chance to start again, the Baron would't forsaken me. With his help we can rise again and-

The Baron? He is long gone. He did well by joining the Akademika, such talent shouldn't be wasted...

But... What about the dwarves? Ignetium could-

Dead.

What?

You, Fenix. Your kingdom. Your dreams. All, dead...

There is nothing left for me...

Here? No... nothing... Yet, this world is one of change. You left your kingdom for dead, but its spirit still lives on in you...

For the first time in a long time, I don't know what to do...

Leave...

But where to?

That's up to you to discover...

Will my kingdom come?

If you're strong enough and forever present, it will...

There is only one thing left to do then...

And what is that, king?

I failed my kingdom once, I wont fail it again. Like you said, the fire still burns within me. I fear not my will for it is now true. A new land I shall quest for to call my own. For the memory of Ironfall!

Your path is set, king. My work here, is done. Leave now and live your dream...

Thank you.

Farewell Fenix...

Farewell...

A new age begins...

RunsWithLegos wrote:months? years? decades?

how long has the Father been wandering this this abyssal plane?

battling the dark daemons that inhabited it, and forever fleeing the black devil that stalked from above.

One by one Father Xathrix scaled the black towers to assaulted the crystals atop them, hoping beyond hope they would unlock a way,

with each shattering he was gifted a breach in the world, a glance at what Brikhaven had become.

until one crystal. this one did not explode, but implode! with a mighty flash and a unstoppable vacuum Xathrix was thrown out of the void, and into a dark place, a... wet place... the ocean! lungs burning and head spinning Father Xathrix forced his way to the surface, one stroke at a time, and when he breached it, Brikhaven graced his eyes! though not home as he had hoped, Xathrix finally had a new chance at life, and with it, a new name, upon finding the shore, a new man strove forth to find his King.

so ended The life of Xathrix and so began RyeTONIC's
Last edited by SnakeMittens on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:49 am, edited 7 times in total.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Zupponn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Nice :D
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby SnakeMittens » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:21 pm

This is a thread to post lore of the server. Those two are all that there is so far. :?
SnakeMittens
Galidor

WOW!

Postby AlphaLurker » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:40 pm

this is incredible. I really like this! :studgod: :ftw:
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591
AlphaLurker
Officer

Postby SnakeMittens » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:05 am

Seriously guys, find some lore to put into this thread!
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby RunsWithLegos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:28 am

i am writing up some lore for birchdale
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby SnakeMittens » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Ok guys, write some lore for this thread! Runs, the bit you wrote has been added with some editing. Just capitalization and punctuation stuff.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby knolli » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:00 pm

The Grand Master was pleased.
The constuction of the Akademika Magika made good progress. The Main Tower was nearly completed. Soon they would start to build the Dormitorium and the Bibliotheca, the Auditorium Maximum and ... But that wasn't important. The only reason why the Akademika was built here in the wilderness was here in this room with him. He nearly didn't dare to breath because right in front of him the Shard was floating in midair. He could fell the raw magic power it emitted and filled the entire room.

The Shards have been part of the world as long as mankind can remember. Entire religions focused around the them. The Shards were worshipped or feared, offered sacrifices or shunned for centuries.
But in one thing all men agreed: They posses extremly powerful magic and were extremly dangerous. Nobody right in his mind would be crazy enough to touch a Shard, let alone attempt to move it.
So the Grand Master had to construct his new home around it. And now the construction was nearing its end. Soon he could fulfill his very dream.

Never before had a Shard been put to a thorough Analytica Thaumaturgica . The Grand Master knew he had to proceed with all care. But it was hard to stay calm in the face of this legendary object. He just couldn't wait to begin with the first tests.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Keldoclock » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Decorate your floor. I recommend logs.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby SnakeMittens » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Nice addition, knolli!
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby knolli » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 pm

"We lost another one." The Dean had trouble to stay calm. The Grand Master sighed and leaned forward in his big chair. "Tell me: How many?"
"Eleven, Gand Master."
"And they never came back?"
"Never."
"Are you sure the students went into the Bibliotheca?"
"We have eye witnesses for the last eight cases."
"And the Head Librarian? What does he do about it?"
"He was the first one to go missing, Sir."
"No, I mean the new one."
"Sir, we don't have a new Head Librarian. Nobody wants to do the job. In fact three Assistents and even one Biliothecarius have handed in their letter of cancelation."
"The old Head was right. We never should have built the Bibliotheca this close to the Shard Chamber. But we fools, we laughed at his mad stories of the L-Space. Books contain Knowledge, Knowledge is Power, Power is proportional to Mass and Mass distorts Space. Ha! Who would believe that. Well, now we know better. As much as it pains me to say that: We will have to seal of the Bibliotheca and..."
"No, we can't do that!", the Dean and slams his hand on the Grand master's desk.
The old man sighs again. "So tell me: Why can't we do that?"
"Well, you know, the Alchemist's study."
"The on on the next floor? What about it?"
"It's gone."
"Gone?!? Everything we learned about Magic and the Shard is in there. Everything!"
"Well, yes. Um, you know, the whole floor. It's gone. The stairs go directly from the second to the fourth floor. It's like the third floor never existed. The way through the Bibliotheca may very well be the only way to reach the Study."
The Grand Master leans back in his big chair and rubs his eyes. "Very well. Get some of these brave adventurers from outside. Promise them discount, gold, free use of our faculties, whatever, if they find a secure way to the hidden study. Let's hope, there are people crazy enough to try. And let's pray that at least one comes back alive."
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Postby SnakeMittens » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Added.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Ex-Lep » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I'll take the librarian post.
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Dimmy

Postby knolli » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:48 am

Ex-Lep wrote:I'll take the librarian post.

Granted.
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Lore of Brikhaven

Postby SnakeMittens » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm gonna come join the Akademika.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Next

Return to blah blah minecraft