Nostalgia lane: My quest for that feeling we all love.

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:01 am

Dark forces. The first one.

It's so old that it doesn't recognize my speakers.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:17 am

mgb519 wrote:Dark forces. The first one.

Dark Forces 2 is my nostalgia game. You've got to love those cheesy live action cut-scenes.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Grammar games... Krakel Spektakel and the Insane Vacuum Cleaner was the shit.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:
mgb519 wrote:Dark forces. The first one.

Dark Forces 2 is my nostalgia game. You've got to love those cheesy live action cut-scenes.
Actually, I felt those live action cut scenes were quite awesome. Never thought of them as cheesy.

Which is why "Mysteries of the Sith" made me very sad.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:20 pm

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1092949860 ... rdy-gamers

My nostalgia games were Starflight, X-Com, Ultima VI, and Syndicate. My REAL nostalgia games were all the ascii shareware ones from before there were game companies, like CASTLE.EXE and Angband.

booty bothered will always try to argue that Nethack is better than Angband, but psh! Whatever! Nethack is for nerds.

AlphaLurker
Officer

Post by AlphaLurker » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:51 pm

First video game.....

I played a lot of pc games, but my first video game was TMNT2 for the GBA. My favourite one was Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, though. Man, I loved that game!
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:15 pm

1970s
1977: SquadLeader board game, I played with my brother who is just 1 year younger.

Early 80s
Atari 400
The first game I got was Ultima II I think. After 50 hours I quit, I was expecting something else.
1983: Combat Leader by SSI

Late 80s
Atari ST
1987: Empire: Wargame of the Century <thats the title, not a commentary

90s
SNES
1993: Secret of Mana

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Re: Nostalgia lane: My quest for that feeling we all love.

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Timedude wrote:
razgriz 25th inf. wrote:I'm back from a long, long journey in nostalgia. I recently discovered a cache of old video games, all of which I loved. First I played Bully, and god DAMN does it have a fantastic soundtrack. Gameplay is just as good as I remember too. Next in my quest I play Ace Combat 5, well, part of it. My damn console refused to load past mission 13, so I never finished that. Moving on, I played Ace Combat 4, which actually worked and I marveled at a game primarily composed of pre-recorded enemy/friendly radio logs, which are mostly "Blue 6, get out of there!" or, "I'm hit! Eject!*static*" And it just doesn't hold the same torch that it used to. Next I play Star Wars Battlefront 2, and it seemed for too cheesy to keep playing past two games. Next I played a game that reaches up to me from back in first grade; Sled Storm. Holy SHIT is that game raunchy. I can't believe I played that, and understood HALF of what they were saying. Funny thing is, well, more like hilarious, is that Tracy whatshername is just as hot to me as she was in FIRST GRADE. hehehe. Then I moved further back in the time line to Gran Turismo 2, which to me this equation explains: GT2= preschool. The graphics are obv. shit but I LOVE that game still. I would have played Return to Castle Wolfenstein had it worked on Win7. What are some nostalgiac games you have played recently? What games did you grow up on? Answer promptly, Facepunch is being slow and nobody is posting on there, I suspect the're all busy playing BF3 or ArmA 2.
MOD SAYS: Write like you're over the age of 11, please, you dumbass. At least write using paragraphs if you want to neglect spellcheck. Shit. -Timedude
Yeah, sure, because my post totally has spelling anomalies. That's at least what my computer says. Sure, it could use paragraphs, but damn, someone is over abusing their mod privilege. Sure i did something similar, but i was the dimmy mod. Everyone here needs to chill the fuck out.

I mean really, Facepunch, with as many people on there, i have not encountered the amount of dickholes that i have here. I spend more time there for a reason, is somehow there are more elitist assholes here than there. Thank you, have a nice day.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Post by Timedude » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:52 pm

I think maybe you missed the part where this is pretty much a troll forum. Carry on.
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:53 pm

We just like to be able to read long chances of text. Your... style, leads to people not wanting to read the whole thing.

Although, yeah, as one mod to another, Timedude really needs to chill the fuck out.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Post by Timedude » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:We just like to be able to read long chances of text. Your... style, leads to people not wanting to read the whole thing.

Although, yeah, as one mod to another, Timedude really needs to chill the fuck out.
Suppose I can respect that.
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Timedude. Your forum is the Balkans of the forums. One day the powderkeg will explode into an endless flame war and trolling spree.

I cannot wait. :twisted:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Holy shit guys, and I thought I was supposed to be the fun police. When did you all get so serious about everything? Calm down, Timedude's doing something called JOKING AROUND. You should all try it some time. Really, being totally serious right now.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:29 pm

I think my first video game was Sonic Heroes, at least that is the earliest one that I can remember. The Halo series is pretty prominent, as is SLASHEM(nethack+, I play with an isometric graphics pack because i was born too late to comprehend ASCII graphics), KOTOR 1, and a few other sonic games. I remember there was one where you played as a black hedgehog and you had guns and motorcycles. I think that one was the best of the 3d Sonic games.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Nostalgia lane: My quest for that feeling we all love.

Post by stubby » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:49 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:Facepunch, with as many people on there, I have not encountered the amount of dickholes that I have here. I spend more time there for a reason
All I can think is: FULLY INTENDED BENEFIT OF SUCCESSFUL MOD SELECTION

How is it that I am so great!