anyone in central Alberta?I'm tired of playing w/ little bro

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

flabort
Champion
Champion

anyone in central Alberta?I'm tired of playing w/ little bro

Post by flabort » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Between Edmonton and Calgary, with the French word for "the", and a toothy tool for your hair in the name, that's were my small city is.

I need someone else to play with besides my little brother. he's from the 2005 definition a brik wussie, but from 2001, mostly a brik Warrior. he hates to see his entire army wiped out, but he is good for it otherwise.

myself, being slightly geeky, am more of an anorak them him in the 2001, but a true brik warrior by the 2005. i love rules and such, and the technicalities of things.

Also, if anyone does live near by, my mother (yes, i live with her, no i am not over 18, yes i am over 13, so i can be on forums, but not live away from home yet), well, she doesn't like people, even guests, coming into our house. My dad refuses to take me to a place to get my drivers license as well, even though if i had gotten it as soon as possible, i would be out of my learners and into my real license. so my real age remains a secret to you all, but you know i can't leave my town/city.

By the way, my town is actually big enough to qualify for a City title, but it has not accepted yet. If you live nearby, i could have a challenge, but other wise, it's back to plying with the only other enthusiast i know of: my annoying little brother.

One last note/warning: my parents find Lego brand Lego and custom things too expensive, so most of out briks are MegaBloks brand.
Flaming Leeches And Beetles On Rye Toast

My name is an Acronym

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Re: anyone in central Alberta?I'm tired of playing w/ little

Post by pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 pm

flabort wrote:One last note/warning: my parents find Lego brand Lego and custom things too expensive, so most of out briks are MegaBloks brand.
There's where some people fail.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

flabort
Champion
Champion

Post by flabort » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:42 pm

I know, but they are actually slightly more durable, and the Plasma Dragons, as well as other MegaBloks dragons are kind of cool. not perfect, mind you, but cool. besides, i like being able to armor minifigs without all those extra between the head pieces.

and i don't use peach units except for dimmies.

My name is an Acronym

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:48 pm

flabort wrote:they are actually slightly more durable
Nuh-uh, wrong. That's why we (almost) all hate MegaBloks.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Post by ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:49 pm

flabort wrote:and i don't use peach units except for dimmies.
Besides agreeing with pesgores, I'd also like to state that dimmies came around a long time before peaches were dreamed of. Therefore, that makes no sense :lol:

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Ace, i'll be away again from a week. I just stopped today at home to rest for tomorrow: i'm going to Paris, then i'll come back. Don't worry, you can handle it like you already did.

flabort
Champion
Champion

Post by flabort » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:07 pm

dimmies may be more ancient then peaches, but my house is infected by a mutant strand of dimmies that only affects peaches, who are not even partially immune to it. the strand can fly through the air, and when a peach bites a normal minifig, the dimmie virus cannot enter the minifig, so it has evolved so it can transform normal minifigs peach!

besides, if you step on a Lego brik with your moms high heels, then on a completely different mega blocks brik with the same pressure, which one breaks? the one you own less of. so in my case, it's the Lego that breaks. sad story, but true.

Do you think i like my situation? i can barely tell between the two anyways, they are normally the same except for some minifigs and specialized sets, like the all awesome Plasma Dragons. besides, most of the Dragon minifigs, with the exception of Plasma soldiers, are 100% compatible with Lego minifigs, and 0% compatible with peach units. in other words, with other mega blocks.

My name is an Acronym

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Post by ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:10 pm

flabort wrote:besides, if you step on a Lego brik with your moms high heels, then on a completely different mega blocks brik with the same pressure, which one breaks?
First, I want to ask why you were wearing your mom's high heels...

Secondly, I don't think you like your situation. If i were in it, I'd die of Lego starvation. Oh yeah, and sorry, but I live in Las Vegas, not Alberta.

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"

flabort
Champion
Champion

Post by flabort » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:59 pm

I was 7 when i did it, OK? i had no idea it was wrong. i know now (i've known ever since then, becuase She caught me), but I hadn't then.

edit: just find people in alberta, and please know i am going ofline from this sight for today.

My name is an Acronym