Darker Shades of Gray - A BrikSpace BrikFilm

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Here's what I'm thinking for characters. One is a strong independent black woman, one is a retired cop and the rest are spoils and comedic relief.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

AlphaLurker
Officer

Post by AlphaLurker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:08 pm

What about on the immortal's side?
We have (mortal)troopers, which are canon fodder before our heroes.....

And then there's the the badass terrorkhan/dakkakhan. Recurring villain, anyone?
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Allow me to elaborate. Don't write cliches-write things that fit into the story, and then find out that you're not the first person to come up with that. While it is difficult to be truly original, it will seem more original if you came to the same thing without copying someone else. At least, that's my experience.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 am

We need a naive but strong character for the opening protagonist, or at least someone we can do a character arc with that includes establishing the relationships in the crew

AlphaLurker
Officer

Post by AlphaLurker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 am

Possibly a rookie engineering officer, who just transfered to the ship?
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm

engineers are boring, how about a rookie pilot? something that gets them in on the action early on.

thade
Cannon Fodder

Post by thade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Okay, I thought I'd contribute what I can.

My idea for the plot/backstory:
A crew of raiders/pilots/whatever with some captured prisoners finds an abondoned ship flating in the black. They board it, to find no trace of life, and the ship in perfect condition. Meanwhile the prisoners manage to escape and overtake the guards, and board onto the main ship with the intention of taking over and flying back to their homeworld. One of them trips a trap, leaving the ship badly damaged, and they emit a distress call. This leads the immortals to attempt to destroy them, meanwhile they must flee in a damaged abandoned ship. Later, they discover that the ship was planned to be used as some sort of weapon by the immortals (or something equally secret) and must try and use it to get the immortals off their tail, or to help their side in the war. Meanwhile, the prisoners and pirates have to work together, despite being enemies from different empires.

/walloftext

Anyway, just my idea, feel free to completely ignore it.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:45 pm

enders_shadow wrote:engineers are boring, how about a rookie pilot? something that gets them in on the action early on.
I believe you just simultaneously insulted Isaac Clarke, the main character of my novel, and this guy.
But I agree, main protagonist ought to be a pilot.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:22 pm

thade wrote:A crew of raiders/pilots/whatever with some captured prisoners finds an abondoned ship flating in the black. They board it, to find no trace of life, and the ship in perfect condition. Meanwhile the prisoners manage to escape and overtake the guards, and board onto the main ship with the intention of taking over and flying back to their homeworld. One of them trips a trap, leaving the ship badly damaged, and they emit a distress call. This leads the immortals to attempt to destroy them, meanwhile they must flee in a damaged abandoned ship. Later, they discover that the ship was planned to be used as some sort of weapon by the immortals (or something equally secret) and must try and use it to get the immortals off their tail, or to help their side in the war. Meanwhile, the prisoners and pirates have to work together, despite being enemies from different empires.
I liked this.

Also, sounds like a pilot would do well in the protagonist's shoes. That way we get no Wash Syndrome. "I am a leaf on the wind... ::DIE:: "
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:00 pm

exactly. Also, regarding thade's plotline: I like most of it, but the whole prisoners and pirates in the same boat (so to speak) doesn't jive. Perhaps it could be two different factions? I don't like it because pirates, imo, are just really ragtag, evil, stereotypical baddies. :?

thade
Cannon Fodder

Post by thade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:52 pm

they don't neccessarily have to be pirates, just some sort of scavengers. I liked having some setup for there to be conflict among the crew. Again, feel free to include whatever you want, and leave out the rest.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm

What about primitives the crew saved? As in they were in a position of Genocide from the IE when the crew came along.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

thade
Cannon Fodder

Post by thade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 pm

An interesting concept. I like the idea, but I think it would be interesting if there was some conflict within the crew.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:34 pm

I feel that we need a darkish plot twist later on.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

thade
Cannon Fodder

Post by thade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Agreed. definitely. Perhaps the ship's secret purpose is an override of the AI (the insane one, perhaps?) or navigational system, heading towards the crew's home planet with some sort of superweapon?