GX-MPT grasshopper

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

which is your favorite gun (Pics in post)

HAP-LV 68
50%
Z-45
17%
HAE-1337
33%

Total votes: 12

fredde
Cannon Fodder

GX-MPT grasshopper

Post by fredde » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:34 pm

This is my latest little mini mech.it was a fun build and im really happy with how the turned out.

The GX-MPT grasshoper is a Successor to the mpt design the grasshopper lacks the mpts inbuilt hand guns and instead uses handheld weaponry therefore its arms are enlongated and offer a better close combat ability
and makes it possible for the grasshopper to pick up guns from fallen enemies if it would run out of ammo.in order for the grasshopper to move about the battlefield it uses wheels with inbuilt hoverdrives that are capable of overcharging which result in a long "jump" of course the hoverdrives can hover normally which allows the grasshopper to skim along the surface of water.
this is the two grasshoppers i have built so far with each one armed with an HAP-LV 68(Handheld AntiPersonal and Light Vehicle) heavy machinegun
Imagethis is an HAP-LV 68 it has a large ammunition supply and is very reliable it uses a combination of railgun rails and regular shells to launch its tungsten projectiles in velocitys up to 7 Mach(3 mach = 3 times the speed of sound)
A picture of a AN grasshopper engaging a small group of rebels with the other grasshopper in the background

the Hap-LV clips on the grasshoppers back when not in use
a closer look at the grashoppers back and side notice the clip on the back used for HAP-LV placement
This is the HG-165 grenade launcher it can lob high explosive shells beyond cover(arcing FTW!)
another view of the HG-165
awwwww the other grasshopper wants an awesome gun aswell :(
good thing we have two more guns on the list :D
this is the handheld version of the Z-45 heavy plasma accelerator it launches a beam of electromagneticly charged plasma at things
another view
i really like this shot .
whatever you might have thougt this isn't the heaviest gun in the grasshoppers arsenal :twisted: its........
Image....THIS!
this is the heavy antieverything cannon or HAE-randomnumbergoeshere
The HAE-1337 cannon uses basically rail gun propelled discarding sabot rounds that are made entirely of an alloy of awesomnium and titanium it has the power to go straight through a tank while setting the tank on fire due to the extreme friction and also thanks to the rounds high speed the wind that follows the projectile litteraly liquifies the crew inside.
now that we heard about the utter awesomeness that is this gun we want to try it right...
here is our lucky test subject ofcourse the HAE-1337 cannon is an anti vehicle weapon but who cares :D
Anakin:Yay im freee woohooo!!
observe this particular peach have large deformed eyes which AN scientists believe to have been caused by exposure to the clone wars cartoon
PEW!
splat! time to get another testsubject i guess :D
in adition to the aformentined guns the grasshopper have been known to utilise enemy weaponry in this case a hammer of sorts.
the grasshopper have a tactical versatility like never seen before they are also one of the first minimecha to start to develop genuine personalitys and while the grasshopper still remains in very small numbers they are sure to be a common sight on the battlefield
AWWWWWWW can you say no to that face :D
Natalya wrote: Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Okay, first of all - just what went into the grasshoppers construction? I'm not going to lift and steal you're idea completely - but there are a few design elements in there I'd like for my Scythian forces. :D

Second of all, while all the guns (and photoshopping) are awesome - I gotta say I voted for the plasma gun, because plasma guns are just plain sexy! :twisted:
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

fredde
Cannon Fodder

Post by fredde » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:53 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:Okay, first of all - just what went into the grasshoppers construction? I'm not going to lift and steal you're idea completely - but there are a few design elements in there I'd like for my Scythian forces. :D

Second of all, while all the guns (and photoshopping) are awesome - I gotta say I voted for the plasma gun, because plasma guns are just plain sexy! :twisted:
thanxs for the comments
as for construction it was pretty much just studs up the legs and arms are attached with a 2x2 with a bar on the side the body is made up of a bunch of plates and a 2 stud wide plane body if there is anything that interest you in particular tell me what it is
btw good to se you liked my mech :D

You ARE the Internet.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, I would like to steal your ideas completely. This looks great. The only thing I didn't like was the Grenade launcher, it just doesn't look right to me. But everything else is pure WOW! I wouldn't mind making a squad (3?) of these so I could represent your team (that you would be invited to play) in a forum battle sometime.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Yeah . . . I kinda got inspired - and I'll admit the Grasshopper was the core of my new Scimitar design - linky be here - http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 8236#88236 :twisted:
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

fredde
Cannon Fodder

Post by fredde » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 am

Warhead wrote:Well, I would like to steal your ideas completely. This looks great. The only thing I didn't like was the Grenade launcher, it just doesn't look right to me. But everything else is pure WOW! I wouldn't mind making a squad (3?) of these so I could represent your team (that you would be invited to play) in a forum battle sometime.
thanks for the comment and i agree a bit on the grenade launcher I arent satified with it myself but i thought id post it anyways :D

as for the forum battle suggestion i think that a 3 man squad would be perfect one for heavy support armed with some of the big guns and two regular soldier bots armed with just the HAP-LV 68 (the regular machine gun)

if you want to build them and have troublewith a part just pm me and ill send a photo of that part deconstructed :D

if you are going to do a forum battle with these guys i can't wait!

You ARE the Internet.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:41 am

Great! :D I'll be in touch at some point.

fredde
Cannon Fodder

Post by fredde » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:04 am

Warhead wrote:Great! :D I'll be in touch at some point.
great can't wait!

and this is absolutely not a poorly disguised necro made to bring up replies because i posted this topic at newyears eve when i think a only a small amount of people was on the forums.....heh

You ARE the Internet.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:02 am

does the build it thing apply to anyone? :lol:

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:18 am

Awesome. The weapons are my favorite part.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:49 am

the guns are really cool, and the grasshoppers are awesome

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Your little mechs are cool and all, but now...

Fredde, I challenge you to build a large mech! (not AC large, just big)

What do you say, :iconcur: ?

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:21 pm

:godwin: I would love to see this. Also, hardsuits are an alternative as well (but only if I can copy them when you finish :D)

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:46 pm

This is bloody cool. I seriously am in awe of your stuff, mate.