New Store called "Brick Warrior"

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 pm

SOUTH AFRICA?????? most random ass place you could have picked to ship to........ who the hell plays with legos in south africa??? Canada is good though.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 am

piltogg wrote:SOUTH AFRICA?????? most random ass place you could have picked to ship to........ who the hell plays with legos in south africa??? Canada is good though.
:roll: It's South Africa, it's filled with a bunch of dutchmen so I guess they and their kids play with legos.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:56 am

Silverdream wrote: :roll: It's South Africa, it's filled with a bunch of dutchmen so I guess they and their kids play with legos.
You got it right. I can actually understand half the shit they say.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:59 pm

I think some of your pieces conform to the idea of LEGO, the low-to-mid-level detail and simplicity. When you start greebling the piss out of weapons, they tend to not fit in with the minifigs you give them to. Weapons have to be made for their wielders.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 am

Okay, so since thrash seems to be paying attention to this thread, here is my opinion on the Brickwarriors line- first off, I regularly buy from all of the custom lego accessory providers, and do already own quite a few of the brickwarriors line. So here goes-

Don't Like-

All the resistance/GoW weaponry, it shares the same problem I have with most of Hazel's weapons, in that they are too overly detailed, and simply don't look all that great when given to lego figures. They just don't really fit in with the style of lego.

Meh (the Okay stuff)-

The bandanna, I just don't think this was necessary, TLC already has a fantastic one, and while this is a nice alternative option, I don't see (myself at least, can't speak for others) buying these over the TLC version, it simply doesn't stand out enough.

The Minotaur head- my reason for this is that simply, TLC is coming out with, what I see to be a superior Minotaur head early next year in it's next minfigure series. However, your head does have greater posing versatility going for it, as the TLC one takes the style of one of the ewok heads, and isn't pose-able, but yours just doesn't look as nice.

The Revolver- both TLC and brickarms have several versions of this, and honestly, unless you go into fantasy variants, I just don't see the point of doing something that has already been done so thoroughly, and so well. Note that this excludes the snub-nose, that is pretty sweet.

The gangster rifle- To me, this has a very uninteresting design and simply does not stand out enough for me to care very much about it.

The Cowboy Hat- Same reason as the bandanna, I just feel this wasn't needed.

What I like:

The Tommy gun- yes brickarms is coming out with one, but you got yours out the door first, and it looks great, works great, and is definitely worth the buy.

Special Forces SMG- this gun frankly, looks nothing like any smg I have ever seen, but it does look pretty awesome, I would personally classify it as some sort of sci-fi assassin's pistol.

Russian Assault rifle- While there are several others similar to this on the market, yours is unique and well designed enough to stand out among the crowd.

Sniper rifle- Love this gun, clean lines, classy design, and seriously badass looking scope make this one of my favorites.

buffalo rifle- see above

lever action- great design, I'd say this is thus far the premier western-era lego rifle on the market today.

The Axe- this was needed, badly, knocked it out of the park on this one, great design, no one offers anything like this, and it is totally awesome.

The Scimitar- I LOVE this sword, yes they have been done before, but yours has a superior design to any other curved blade on the market- would die for this in trans-colors.

The Fedora- Finally, someone makes a decent 20s-era gangster hat, this has so many uses, and such a great design, excellent job on this one.

The Bandolier- this looks amazing, fits amazing and is just all around awesome, also love the clip in the back.

Dynamite- finally, a solitary stick of dynamite- so many uses, simple, solid design, this is a great piece!

Sombrero- although TLC does make this, it is not available in many colors, and yours is of comparable quality, therefore making this worth it for the far better palette.

Derringer- awesome design, awesome size, just all around awesome

Snubnose- see above.

My Favorites-

The Armors- your armor is top quality, and stands proud among all the other armors that custom Lego accessory makers offer (both of your armors) The armor looks great, and is very functional, I think that these are your strongest points, and something you should develop further, asI agree with what several of the other users have said that armor has a much more open market than weapons are in terms of what is being offered on the the custom injected lego market today.

The GoW and the Assassin's helmet- see above.

The Bowie Knife- I personally love this knife, and the job you did on it, I've been wanting a bowie knife for my legos for quite some time and you have pulled it off flawlessly, it's a great, functional design.

The assassin's dagger- This is, in my opinion, far and away, the best knife ever to hit minifigure scale, it looks and works awesome, the size is perfect, and the hilt is fantastic, this is probably my personal favorite piece of your entire line, just an absolutely marvelous job on this.

Thoughts in general-

I think that this new line will stand up well and definitely has a lot of promise, overall much more pros than cons. I love the wide range of all types of accessories from different eras, and I think that, if you don't quite have it now, you will eventually have something for everyone if you continue on in this manner. My biggest complaint though would probably be the overall lack of color choice, although I assume this will be fixed given time. I would love to see the bladed weapons in particular in trans- colors. Also, if you are taking suggestions for weapons, I think you couldn't go wrong with a knight's lance, I've never cared much for TLC's version and think that it could be done far better. Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, and hope my thoughts have been helpful in some way. And of course, thanks for bringing us this great new accessory line!
Last edited by Lord Mercat on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:05 am

TL;DR sorry it looked like a great review.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:31 am

I read it easily because it was split into paragraphs.
Image lol j/k

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Unlike razgriz's posts.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

thrash
Hero

Post by thrash » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:Okay, so since thrash seems to be paying attention to this thread, here is my opinion on the Brickwarriors line- first off, I regularly buy from all of the custom lego accessory providers, and do already own quite a few of the brickwarriors line. So here goes-

*snip*
Wow! Thanks for such detailed feedback. Your feedback definitely helped to influence the next group of molds that I'm working on...hopefully next time there won't be any items in the "Meh (the okay stuff)" category!

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Awesome, sounds great! Glad that my review got to the man himself, lol. I met you at BrickFair actually, you seem like a pretty cool guy and you have gotten a great running start, I'll definitely be watching (and buying) as you expand your line! Thanks so much for listening, and I wish you luck with your new business, it's certainly a great one!

thrash
Hero

Post by thrash » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm pleased to announce that our entire product line is now available in black on our bricklink store!

I was also wondering if there are any other colors that you guys would like to see the items in. I'm always looking for new colors to run the molds in!

~Thrash

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:35 pm

I like the GOW stuff. Though you could improve them by removing some bulkiness and some detail. That way the would look more like LEGO and less like moron blocks. The Armor is awesome though!
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Black? I WANT!!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:10 pm

enders_shadow wrote:Black? I WANT!!
:twss:

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Off topic, but I laughed way too hard at the example Fig for the AK. :lol:
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"