Infrno GURPS

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Scottsman
Minifig

Infrno GURPS

Post by Scottsman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Thinking of starting a GURPS game on Infrno with semi realistic charachters in a horror setting. Wanted to know if any brikwarriors would be on board for such a thing?

thade
Cannon Fodder

Post by thade » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Arg. I have the 3rd edition ruleset and WW2 expansion sitting in front of me, but I'm fairly new to it, and my schedule is pretty packed. Put me up as 'probably not, but we'll see'. :?
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't know what GURPS is, but sure. Why not.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Generic Universal Role Playing System.See if you can find some rules online for character creation.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:32 am

I would join, but
6. I don't have an account at Infrno, yet.
7. I never played GURPS before nor do I own the books.
8. The time shift will make it difficult to get everyone together.

The first topic can certainly be eliminated quite fast. The second one will need a little google-fu but I should be able to solve that, too. But I can't make the earth stop turning.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:39 am

I would play, but...

GURPS. :roll:

Nothing against you playing it, though, it's just not a system for me. Silly engineers, making an RPG system...
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:42 am

But, what's the theme?

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Semi lovecraftian. I feel like elaborating on the plot:

Few men enter the old Diago Mansion,fewer return. The grass grows high and th weeds rule the front yard. The house has been abandoed as long as you have known, but lately noises have been coming from it in the dead of night. You and some other thrill seekers, treasure hunters etc. have decided to venture into the mansion, seeking what lies inside. Gettng in easy, he question is getting out, and if you'll even want to.

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:55 pm

I checked out this Infrno thingy-ma-bob when I first read this thread.... it's pretty slick! The virtual table top is super keen.

Wish I had some time to do gaming on it but if I did I'd use this for sure!

Here's a sample virtual table top if you are interested in how it works:
http://www.infrno.net/games/play/19

Nothing to install; just hit that link!

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Alright, been working out some details. It'll be a 150 points per character game. I want people to post suggestions about time, just as long as it's on a weekend.

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Is anybody still interested in this? Cause I'm able to start once we have a time.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm having trouble finding info, so someone's gonna have to walk me through it But sure.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:20 pm

I don't have any experience with GURPS, but I do have the character creation rules lying around somewhere on my network. My gaming rig is fried, so sure, text based gaming.

Mind tossing us a few pointers on the mechanics of the game and perhaps a juicy paragraph or two of campaign setting?
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:43 pm

The year is 2011. The old Diago Mansion sits looming on a hill, its shadow casting itself along the countryside. Michael Diago never did stop building it. Some say he was planning to make it a resort, some say it was a curse, some say he wanted a familly, some say he just whent mad. Still, he built until the day he died. The mansion has been abandoned for several generations, lookming over Clidesdale, perpetually fighting a war against time. It has always been an attraction to thrill seekers, but few actually go deep inside, afraid to get lost in the labrynth of rooms, circular halls, and false doors. Those who do venture to deep are never heard from again, lost to the maze. Now you and some others have decided to venture forth and delve into the secrets of this mansion, unsure of what you'll find.

Exotic advantages are forbidden during character creation, and cinimatic and supernatural advantages must be cleared with me before I will alow them. Fear and sanity will be an issue.

@keldo: Would you be kind enough to give Mgb some insights, since it sounds like you have a digital copy?

More insights to come as I sit bored at home.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Well shit, looks like they were on the hard drives of the fried computer, and I can't recover em now. Torrenting, give me two hours, I'll be up all night animating little boxes anyways. Goddamn art teachers.

Alright, got it. I'll make a character and explain things as I go, and post a download link at the end.

How many points do we get for character creation?
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything