Perk system

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Perk system

Postby Predator » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm planning on doing a COD style forum battle (Don't expect it anytime soon though!) which uses a perk and attachement system.

Perk slot 1:
Sleight of Hand: +1 attacks.
Bling: 2 Attachements.
Scavenger: When you roll a crit fail, your weapon is not out of ammo (you may re-roll.).

Perk slot 2:
Stopping power: +2 to damage rolls.
Danger close: Huge ass explosions (+4 inches of radius, huge ass explosions indeed.)
Lightweight: + 3" to move.
Cold blooded: Cannot be attacked by sentryguns, chopper gunners and all other killstreaks.

Perk slot 3:
Commando: +4 angry inches.
Steady aim: +2 to skill.
Last stand: If killed, gets one more turn as a last stander.
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)


Get Him!!!! :fist:


This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
User avatar
Predator
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: In mid-air, 360-ing.

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Image

GTFO, Cod-Tard.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby Predator » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:49 pm

I like a lot of games, and COD is one. Battlefield is also one. So is HALO.
So:
Image
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)


Get Him!!!! :fist:


This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
User avatar
Predator
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: In mid-air, 360-ing.

Re: Perk system

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Predator wrote:killstreaks.


This is the only good idea here. Once again, as was the problem of MW2, there's no reason to do anything but slight of hand > stopping power > steady aim.

If you REALLY WANT a perk system, my suggestion is to go for subtlety. Danger-close only needs +1" to explostions, and quite frankly having only +1 to all those various stats (even lightweight!) would be plenty noticeable.

EDIT: also battlefield 3 looks like it's no fun at all
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Perk system

Postby Predator » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Predator wrote:killstreaks.


This is the only good idea here. Once again, as was the problem of MW2, there's no reason to do anything but slight of hand > stopping power > steady aim.

If you REALLY WANT a perk system, my suggestion is to go for subtlety. Danger-close only needs +1" to explostions, and quite frankly having only +1 to all those various stats (even lightweight!) would be plenty noticeable.

EDIT: also battlefield 3 looks like it's no fun at all

Thanks. I'll start working on them streaks.
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)


Get Him!!!! :fist:


This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
User avatar
Predator
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: In mid-air, 360-ing.

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Good idea, but I've seen similar concepts about 5 or 6 times. Even I've made one, only it covers whole factions.
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Postby Gungnir » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:43 am

Do we really need perks? Why not just add them to units as regular abilities? It doesn't need to be a thing if it's already another thing.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
User avatar
Gungnir
Dimmy
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 am

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Gungnir wrote:Do we really need perks? Why not just add them to units as regular abilities? It doesn't need to be a thing if it's already another thing.


Because COD HURR DURR WE GOTTA CALL EM PERKS
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:40 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Gungnir wrote:Do we really need perks? Why not just add them to units as regular abilities? It doesn't need to be a thing if it's already another thing.


Because COD HURR DURR WE GOTTA CALL EM PERKS

IV Horseman, that has to be the most realistic COD fanboy impression I've ever seen.
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:48 pm

If he's making them for a CoD-style battle, then they can be called perks. If you don't want to call them that and use them anyway, whatever.

I do like the idea of killstreaks, too. I was thinking of doing equal squads for the forum battle I'm contemplating. Killstreaks sound like a good idea.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 am

I'd imagine you get a little marker each time you kill something, and markers can be "cashed in" the longer you hold them? Here's just a tentative thrown-together list:

*2 kills = new weapon
*3 kills = new explosive
*4 kills = new minifig (or vehicle under 4")
*X kills = new vehicle of size X (double for flying)"


I'm also assuming you're building UAV's and motorcycles and tanks or chopper gunners on the side. I guess that's one way to control your killstreaks, no?
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Keldoclock » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:32 am

why not simply award CP for kills?
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 am

To reduce the need to calculate the exact CP of all the vehicles and ammunition and pilots and blah blah blah. COD encourages stupid bullshit that scales disproportionally with the amount of effort you've put in; 3 kills awards you a radar system that tells you where guys are, while 7 kills calls in a harrier to park on top of the field, and shoot everything that moves (including other killstreak rewards!). 25 gives you a nuke and everybody dies, and then you win. Total. Bullshit.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 am

Or even new abilities. Kind of the way Warhead did it. If the figure was awesome enough (got enough kills), they get new abilities, become heroes, etc.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Gungnir » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Keldoclock wrote:why not simply award CP for kills?

Because people could just spend kill points on units, which could make a game last forever.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
User avatar
Gungnir
Dimmy
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 am

Next

Return to Bonus Material

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests