Mission No. X (Round 5)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Mission No. X (Round 5)

Post by Bragallot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:41 am

Round 5

Lt. Kirsten's Eagle - Lord Mercat

Seeing the death of her comrades, Lt. Kirsten got quite angry...

"Die already you immortal bastards! At them! Fire everything!"

I know this makes it seem like the Eagle's weapons are underpowered or something, but it's not really a cruiser-attacking ship and it doesn't help I constantly roll for shit for it against high rolls for the Darkstar either.

... but that wasn't the intent :shock:

"Colonel! They rammed us! We're... we're going down!"

"That's... impossible."

No it's not. The Darkstar was dealt a final hit by the Eagle's ramming attack, which survived the crash, but only with 1 SP, and found its photon cannons ripped off. This completes the anti-immortal sides objective...

Well, half of it at least. The Immortals' remaining bombercraft launched from the wreckage and sped for safety!
NewObjective wrote:- Immortal Alliance: get at least two of the bombers to safety on a friendly ship.

Major Skarr: "Their commanders might still be on board those bombers! Shoot them down before they reach the Brittanians!"
NewObjective wrote:- Anti-Immortals: destroy the bombers before they reach safety.

Apparently not too confident in the survival of her ship, Lt. Kirsten had personally taken the available Mobhunter into space.

Dominator's fighters - RobotMonkey

The fighters aimed themselves at the bridge for a fiery crash...

"They're coming straight for us!"

"Have they all gone insane?"

Luckily for the Knight of Santiago, the turrets managed to take one fighter out before it hit and the increased shields held back just enough to avoid damage to the bridge.

Admiral Santiago's Knight of Santiago - me

The fighter attacked the remaining Mobhunters, and missed.

The cruiser turned on the Assyrian frigates and fired her main gun, but missed the small targets.

Not trusting his pilots anymore, the admiral fired a missile at the frigates himself.

"Slave the controls of the automatic weapons to my console. We're not letting another fighter through... What do you mean the system's jammed?" (failed feat)

Mastercutor's fighters - theblackdog

The Mobhunters approached undaunted now that the defense systems were down, and fired their torpedoes.

"Great."

They got lucky as one Mobhunter misfired however, allowing the shields to block the other.

Brittanian Mothership 'Francis Drake' - mgb

Admiral Grim: "Straight at them! Why aren't we moving faster?"

"Because we're a hulking Brittanian battleship that's not up to date with today's technology?"

"Shut it, you're demoted." (meanwhile shields were improved by +1)

The Eagle somehow survived another barrage, partially because a couple of shots missed.

Assyrian frigates - Natalya

The torpedo frigates sailed through the wreckage the Darkstar left, firing their railguns at the fleeing bombers relentlessly. Amazingly, they didn't destroy any of them.

Lt. Jones' Brittanian Ironclad - piltogg

"We've managed to get the light laser cannons in range of the Eagle, sir." (movement was increased by both pilots)

"Very good. Lend me the controls, ol' chap."

Lt. Jones' aim was true...

I was almost certain the Eagle was done for when I got a huge damage roll, but then the Eagle got a crit as well and just managed to equal the damage.

Hey, what's that... The Mastercutor's bridge?

"I never said I'd let myself be blown up... Steering this thing into battle is suicidal, but giving up is not our way."

The bridge is again under theblackdog's control. Some Prussian ships come with detachable bridges to save crew members (comparable to the Gekka). To blackdog: it essentially has the stats of the bridge (though no shields) coupled with the large turret and it can move 2".

Overviews

Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:03 pm

EAGLE EAGLE :D
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

:byzero:

HELL. YES.

:csi: :studgod: :ftw: :666:

That, was fucking awesome.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:55 pm

It's a shame my Kamikaze attack didn't work... :?

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 pm

I calculate crash damage like this:

Armour + speed + size + shields + SP (when the order is to kamikaze rather than ram SP are added at the cost of the ship being destroyed regardless).

So speed is a positive factor when kamikaze-ing fighters, the other factors not so much. That said if the tower hadn't gotten that one fighter and / or my shields hadn't been maxed by the feat it would've still been a nasty collision for the KoS. Taking out the entire bridge in one go would've been a bit of a stretch though.

Just waiting on Natalya and Ham now.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?