Good (non-metal) bands

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Robot Monkey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

I felt we needed a thread that wasn't metal, to talk about music aside from the "dominant genre" :wink:

- The White Stripes (Currently my favorite non-metal band, they influenced the RIN's color scheme.)
- The Raconteurs
- Franz Ferdinand
- Green Day (American Idiot and before)

So, now post some good non-metal bands.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Silverdream » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:- Green Day (American Idiot and before)


Finally, more than one person agrees with me.

The band that is most universally accepted as good by almost everyone is called Mother Mother. They are a Canadian Rock band.

I also reccomend Daft Punk, Deadmau5, and Ratatat.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby mgb519 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Audioslave.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:58 am

Jimmy Eat World.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Ham701 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:58 am

The Blues Brothers
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Guns N' Roses
Enter the Haggis

Just a few off the top of my head.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Image
User avatar
Ham701
Galidor
 
Posts: 1165
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Watching DS9

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby BFenix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 am

Silverdream wrote:Daft Punk
Image
Image
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4784
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Zupponn » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:24 am

Here Come the Mummies
Rush
Reel Big Fish
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby mgb519 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Little People.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Zupponn wrote:Rush


All my yes.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Silverdream » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Foster the people.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby mgb519 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 pm

The Allman Brothers Band and WHY THE HELL HAS NO ONE SAID JIMI HENDRIX?!
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:41 am

Hendrix is more of a god than a band.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Silverdream » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Queens of the stone age
Nirvana
Metric
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby piltogg » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 pm

and one
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Re: Good (non-metal) bands

Postby Silent-sigfig » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Smashing pumpkins do everything
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
User avatar
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Number one in USA

Next

Return to The Metal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests