It's that wonderful time of the year!

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: It's that wonderful time of the year!

Postby Killer Karetsu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:00 am

Brr. I had to spend the whole day in my iglu, it was too cold outside.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby Zahru II » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:09 am

I love saturnalia because mom makes boatloads of awesome meals to eat.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:48 am

The best part of Saturnalia, by far, is the fact that it heralds eight days of vacation and also bear sandwiches.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby morganm » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:Yeah, I kind of hate Saturnalia, really. I never know what to get anyone, I don't have much money, and I have to spend at the very least a day with my boring family and do nothing. We don't play board games, we don't watch movies, and we really don't do anything interesting. I hold no grudge against my step mother, brother, and his wife; in fact, I really do consider them family...it's just that the late union of two sets of people didn't, in this case, produce any shared interests. My brother watches sports and never reads anything; not even magazines. His wife does crafts and stuff. My step mother has been addicted to her job since I first met her, and thus all of her interests are work related(short of farmville). My dad and I like sci-fi stuff, enjoy games occasionally, and both read good books and watch similar movies....but we're the only two people who enjoy any of that in my family...and thus we have to sit there and be boring with everyone else.

It is agonizing. I always just want to tell them how much our family sucks. I suppose I could suggest that we actually do something worthwhile instead of sitting silently and talking about nothing while watching some boring Saturnalia parade/sports event, but then it would just be forced and nobody would enjoy themselves.
:silver:

Id bring a few games and be like "hey everyone... Dad and I are gonna play a game... whoever wants to join in please do so!" I bet you'll find a couple other people who were thinking the same thing as you "if I have to watch another damn Festivus parade I'm just gonna slash my wrists in the bathroom" and come play the game.

Try not to bring the super nerd games OK? Cuz frankly it sounds like nobody else there will even attempt to play them. Here's some games that most ppl love to play at our gatherings.... the jocks... the nerds... we all play them and have fun.

- Apples to Apples
- the card game Golf
- Eat It! (candy / junk food trivia game)
- Taboo
- Catchphrase
- Scattergories
- Balderdash
- Loaded Questions
- Redneck Life
morganm
Dimmy

Postby morganm » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:05 pm

morganm wrote:
Nitewatchman wrote:Yeah, I kind of hate Saturnalia, really. I never know what to get anyone, I don't have much money, and I have to spend at the very least a day with my boring family and do nothing. We don't play board games, we don't watch movies, and we really don't do anything interesting. I hold no grudge against my step mother, brother, and his wife; in fact, I really do consider them family...it's just that the late union of two sets of people didn't, in this case, produce any shared interests. My brother watches sports and never reads anything; not even magazines. His wife does crafts and stuff. My step mother has been addicted to her job since I first met her, and thus all of her interests are work related(short of farmville). My dad and I like sci-fi stuff, enjoy games occasionally, and both read good books and watch similar movies....but we're the only two people who enjoy any of that in my family...and thus we have to sit there and be boring with everyone else.

It is agonizing. I always just want to tell them how much our family sucks. I suppose I could suggest that we actually do something worthwhile instead of sitting silently and talking about nothing while watching some boring Saturnalia parade/sports event, but then it would just be forced and nobody would enjoy themselves.

Id bring a few games and be like "hey everyone... Dad and I are gonna play a game... whoever wants to join in please do so!" I bet you'll find a couple other people who were thinking the same thing as you "if I have to watch another damn Festivus parade I'm just gonna slash my wrists in the bathroom" and come play the game.

Try not to bring the super nerd games OK? Cuz frankly it sounds like nobody else there will even attempt to play them. Same with my family man... at least we play games and stuff but nobody there wants to play the games I like because they are all way too cool for them. I think they might spontaniously combust if they had to play a game more complicated than "what's in my hand? What's in the discard pile? What card did I draw?"

Here's some games that most ppl love to play at our gatherings.... the jocks... the nerds... we all play them and have fun.

- Apples to Apples
- the card game Golf
- Eat It! (candy / junk food trivia game)
- Taboo
- Catchphrase
- Scattergories
- Balderdash
- Loaded Questions
- Redneck Life
morganm
Dimmy

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 am

Welcome to most family reunions and holidays. You seriously thought this was something different? Pretty much everyone I know is like this.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Nitewatchman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:23 pm

OneEye589 wrote:

Welcome to most family reunions and holidays. You seriously thought this was something different? Pretty much everyone I know is like this.

I guess I just have too many friends whose families are composed of cool people.
Bah humbug none-the-less.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby kiemaster » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Posting this because it seems relevant...

kiemaster wrote:Twas the day of Saturnalia, when all through the site
Not one forum goer was sleeping, for all was all right
The blasters were hung on the backs of the fighters
For this battle was sure to be an all nighter

As chainsaws hacked there enemies to shreds,
Warhead was running while lopping off heads.
And J,and,b screamed as he was chased,
As warhead tried to turn him into a gooey paste

When out on the field there arose a great crash
While out in the hillside there came a bright flash.
Over the hillside they saw a rough face ,
They saw metal Santa wielding a mace

The blood shimmered when he landed his skateboard
And he raised his head as he screamed “FOR THE HOOOOOARD!!”
At that,dear warhead walked up to his mate
And asked him softly “have you put on some weight”

Before he got an answer a dungan attacked
But it was stopped as its spine easily cracked
Santa brought his shotgun for warhead to admire
but little did he know it was on fire

"Now kiemaster! now, aoffan! now, warhead and ivhorseman
On, olothontor! On, piltogg! , on Rayhawk and Blitzen!
To our weapons our enemies shall fall!
Now Chop away! Chop away! Chop away all!"

The slaughter continued all threw the day
And all in there hearts they thought bob would've wanted it this way.
So up to the hill they all tried to claim it
But warhead did triumph with his great wit

Santa joined warhead on top of the hill
He took out a beer keg as if it was gods will
he downed a glass and bellowed as he shot down a kite
“Happy Saturnalia to all and to all a good night!”

i was bored.....

Woo old stuffz XD
kiemaster
Dimmy

Postby Killer Karetsu » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Zahru II wrote:I love saturnalia because mom makes boatloads of awesome meals to eat.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Previous

Return to General Discussion