Allegiance -- Day 6

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Allegiance -- Day 6

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:24 pm

WARNING: My dice sucked this turn. Just letting you know.

Santa's Boarding Party

Santa leaps 'round the corner, facing the Peaches, and shouts:

"Ho Ho Ho! 'Tis the season of giving, and you peaches all deserve your presents early. Have some lead and high explosives!"

Unfortunately, one-liners seem to be Santa's only action-hero skill, as he crit-fails the Skill roll and somehow manages to launch a rocket out the wrong end of his bazooka. Nobody's hurt, but the bazooka will need a turn to reload.

Two more Elves join in the fray, killing a zombie.

The Ninja moves up, but can't attack yet.

The others move up to cover the Vol. "Now I know what you're thinking: 'Am I getting presents this year, or a hail of bullets to the face?' In all this excitement, I kind of forgot. So I guess the question you should be asking yourself is... am I feeling naughty?"

Vol Boarding Party

The Vol wisely decide not to start anything. Their flamer attacks the Shadowscythe, but misses.

The rest of the troops move up, but they aren't in range just yet.

Britannian Boarding Party
Captain Harris attacks the Scythian Marines, but despite a hail of lead shot from his rotary musket they all remain standing.

The Medic revives one of the swordsmen...

...and they both attack the Shadowscythe, but he manages to hold them off.

Scythian Boarding Party
The Shadowscythe tries to strike back at his assailants, but crit-fails, losing a hand (-1 to Skill)

The Storm Bolter marine looses a devastating barrage, killing both Bash and Captain Harris.

The laser-wielding marines kill a zombie each.

Peach Boarding Party
The remaining zombies attack Santa, but fail to wound him. The bomb will detonate on the Peaches' next turn, even if they're not around.

Immortal Boarding Party
Caleb attacks the Shadowscythe, but ends up hitting himself in the face instead, bringing him down to 2 wounds.

Santa's Fleet
Both ships coast as their sensor crews search for more 'naughty' signatures. They find none, sadly.

Neo-Prussian Fleet
The Condor gets close enough to the Mothership to launch boarders.

Sky Marshal Von Platt attempts a heroic feat to steer their boarding pods to impact near the bomb so they can defuse it quickly, but he crit-fails again (just about every heroic feat attempted this turn got a 1, as did several Heroic skill rolls) and ended up on the other side of the ship from it. Not to worry though, the Scythians and Elves are close enough to get it before it goes off.

The fighter and bomber go after the Patrol Gunboat. The rolls go badly for them; they do no damage and lose the fighter to response fire. The carrier drifts along its vector, readying its gun for a response attack.

T.L.A. Fleet

The fighters reverse course and move towards the gunboat.

Britannian Fleet
The gunboat attacks the carrier, and gets unlucky: the carrier's plasma gun fires first and takes away both of the gunboat's remaining HP. With the last Immortal ship destroyed, the space battle is over for now; it will resume if the Immortals manage to get control of the Mothership (i.e. activate the last two computers and put minifigs in the control seats) but that seems unlikely at this point.

Overviews

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Allegiance -- Day 6

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Minor mistake: I didn't place the Ripper Droid on the Mothership map with the rest of the Neo-Prussians when I took the Overwatch photo. It's with the rest of the Neo-Prussian force, right in front of the two rifle/spear troops.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:33 pm

*facepalm* My sole orders were to DEACTIVATE THE BOMB. Agh.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 am

You couldn't get your guys close enough this turn. The Marines all moved their max of 5", and the Shadowscythe's movement was pretty much hemmed in by the two minfigs in front of him.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 am

Hah, even with an almost completely destroyed ship that carrier thrashed everything, get that crew a medal! 8)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?