Nations of the Kilo, Rho and Zulu Nebula Systems *DEAD*

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Nations of the Kilo, Rho and Zulu Nebula Systems *DEAD*

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:39 pm

This thread is now obsolete, Check the three threads titled with [BSS] for the new ones
I made seperate threads because this thread is messy, and frankly too big to be covering SIX armies

Someone Lock this thread plox
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Armed feces of the Caspian Federation

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Minor nitpick, those are Fire-teams and Squads, not Divisions.
That said, you have about a platoon's worth of soldiers here, so if you have five other armies of this size you could maybe combine them into a company or a battalion.

Also, you might want to re-think the name, since the forum has a word buttplug that changes fórces into forces.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:24 am

BrikSaber wrote:Try and diversify with some vehicles. I would recommend making small aircraft or scouting vehicles to start. Great job so far, though. Loving the color-scheme.
Uh... did you bother to read the opening post or did you just look at the pictures?

He has vehicles, he just didn't have any time to dig them out and photograph them.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 am

Whiteagle wrote:Minor nitpick, those are Fire-teams and Squads, not Divisions.
That said, you have about a platoon's worth of soldiers here, so if you have five other armies of this size you could maybe combine them into a company or a battalion.

Also, you might want to re-think the name, since the forum has a word buttplug that changes fórces into feces.
^Forget everything this guy said. I have several armies of around 30 figs.

Anywho, this is a pretty nice army. I can't wait to see what else you have.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:03 am

Silverdream wrote:^Forget everything this guy said. I have several armies of around 30 figs.

Anywho, this is a pretty nice army. I can't wait to see what else you have.
I said it was a minor nitpick!
Anyways, if this is the Kastrenzo I think it is, then he already knows I can be anal retentive when it comes to military things.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:20 am

Also, you might want to re-think the name, since the forum has a word buttplug that changes fórces into feces.

I'm aware of the Fireteams technicallity, the goal here was to simply show what each divisions uniform variants looked like.

It's just I only actually own about enough soldiers for each look to make a fireteam or squad. My collection was amassed over 15-20 years, but the only thing I had in massive identical numbers were Star wars battle droids.

EDIT: Wait a minute, the Kastrenzo you think it is, do I know you? as far as I know no one uses my name, and I did know someone online with the alias Whiteagle.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:13 am

:sbr:

Kastrenzo

Re: Nations of the Zulu Nebula

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:04 am

Caspian Federation vehicles, plus a few generic vehicles and weapon systems that are used by many factions and nations.

Caspian Lynx General Purpose Vehicle
The Lynx is a general purpose transport vehicle, Normally used for patrols in non-hostile enviornments and transporting small caches of supplies.

Caspian Raven Attack Vehicle
The Raven is a light combat vehicle intended for supporting ground troops mainly in urban enviornments, It uses a roof mounted manned Machine gun

Caspian Armadillo Infantry Fighting Vehicle
The Armadillo is an armoured troop carrier that also supports infantry with it's roof mounted remote machine gun. It is also heavily used in Urban combat and unlike the Raven or Lynx, is used just as frequently in open combat enviornments

Caspian Jaguar Tank
The Jaguar is derived from the Forgetta Industries Battlemaster tank. Which was widely marketed across the Zulu, Rho and Kilo Nebula systems. The Jaguar is a heavily Upgraded, license produced version of the Forgetta Industries tank, Designed soley for the Federation Military. In the past the Caspians found it difficult to distinguish their own tanks from the enemies due to many of the Battlemasters having a Slate Gray finish, Caspia's signature White has been painted on all service models since then.

Caspian Gremlin Gunship
The Gremlin is a rotor powered Gunship, The Caspians found that in their regional conflicts, that their older Rotorblade aircraft were more maneuverable than the newer VTOL Crafts, The Gremlin is nimble and boasts a large array of weaponry. It is Painted Yellow, which in olden times was the Caspian's traditional color and still serves as an alternate today in their banners and military

Goblin Transport Airship
Unlike the Gremlin, The Caspian Federation has been seeking to replace it's aging rotorblade powered transport craft, The Goblin still does it's job, but it's lack of onboard weaponry makes it a big flying target

Thrasher Starfighter
The Thrasher resembles pre spaceflight technology, but is one of the most maneuverable and fastest fightercraft in the sector, it excels in both air to air and air to ground combat, in space and inside the atmospheres of planets

S-100 Medium Artillery *L*, S-150 Heavy Artillery *M*, Dvor Super Heavy Artillery *R*
These three artillery peices are widely in use around the Zulu Nebula and neighboring sectors, The S-100 and S-150 are also from Forgetta Industries, while the Dvor is developed by a lesser known corporation, the Torett Company. These artillery peices are used for shelling long range targets, or even firing on straight arcs at Vehicles or structures. The S-70 Medium howitzer was once in service in the Caspian Military, but removed from inventory after a recall from Forgetta, due to 80% of the weapons having issues with spontaneous detonation while being loaded.

Caspian Ground Civilian Emergency Vehicles
The Caspian Civil Machining Association produces Vehicles for the Federation's Civilian Police, the Civil Protection, as well as the Medical Services Force.
*These are Stock models, I Just liked them enough to keep them intact, except the ambulance has a cigarette burn on it, since someone thought they were funny and start burning my stuff*

Fjord Heavy Duty Truck
Fjord's most successful product in it's history was it's Model 2007 Heavy Duty Flatbed Truck, which has been used by Civilians and Galactic Militaries alike, everything from food transport to casualty transport, and everything in between. The HDFT Was Fjord's flagship product after their Armoured Car design was unsucessful. Many banks in the Zulu, Rho and Kilo Nebula systems lost millions as crooks found a way to bypass the entire lock mechanism just by the removal of a single brik. The HDFT is essentially a stripped down Armored car.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:32 am

I still have 5 Armies to do, four are quite large, while one is only about 20 or less Soldiers, and a few rag tag vehicles. I'll do them after work if I can. I work a backshift so on days that I work I typically only have 4 or 5 hours to myself when Im not asleep, I spent a lot of time today rebuilding many vehicles so that they had faction markings on them. Many vehicles were simply grey or black, I've added color dashes to some vehicles to signify which faction they belong to. The Tank for example was originally all grey. had a different gun, and didn't have any chains or lights on it. I like the new additions personally, gives it a revived feel, I've had that thing between 10 and 7 years. Another Faction has a very similar tank, practically identical chasis, just a different turret.

The "other" tank is actually the older one, The one pictured in the Caspian armory was made a few months after the original, when I found the parts.

How I remember this, I don't know

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:12 pm

The first couple of vehicles look like creeper vans, but I like the small artillery units.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:17 pm

I like your vehicles. Very brikwars.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I'm aware of the Fireteams technicallity, the goal here was to simply show what each divisions uniform variants looked like.

It's just I only actually own about enough soldiers for each look to make a fireteam or squad. My collection was amassed over 15-20 years, but the only thing I had in massive identical numbers were Star wars battle droids.
Ah, figured as much.
I just thought that if each "army" has similar look tying it together, you could combine all of them together as different platoons of a single, massive army.

And are those battle droids from before the Lego Company changed plastics, IE the dreaded Grey Shift?
Kastrenzo wrote:EDIT: Wait a minute, the Kastrenzo you think it is, do I know you? as far as I know no one uses my name, and I did know someone online with the alias Whiteagle.
Well FRACK Kastrenzo, I don't know, how many other people in Second Life named Whiteagle do you know?
BFenix wrote: :sbr:
Hey I have to be reasonable on occasion, it makes my insanity all the more unpredictable!
Kastrenzo wrote:I still have 5 Armies to do, four are quite large, while one is only about 20 or less Soldiers, and a few rag tag vehicles. I'll do them after work if I can. I work a backshift so on days that I work I typically only have 4 or 5 hours to myself when Im not asleep, I spent a lot of time today rebuilding many vehicles so that they had faction markings on them. Many vehicles were simply grey or black, I've added color dashes to some vehicles to signify which faction they belong to. The Tank for example was originally all grey. had a different gun, and didn't have any chains or lights on it. I like the new additions personally, gives it a revived feel, I've had that thing between 10 and 7 years. Another Faction has a very similar tank, practically identical chasis, just a different turret.

The "other" tank is actually the older one, The one pictured in the Caspian armory was made a few months after the original, when I found the parts.

Well you have a lot of Battle Droids, right?
You could probably bolster the last army's numbers with those.
Speaking of, I noticed you have the droid carrier from 7929 The Battle of Naboo sitting there in the background, so I was wondering what you thought of the quality of droid minifigs?
I picked that set up a little while back, and before I open the box I want to make sure the figures aren't made out of the same shitty plastic as the ones I got in 7126 Battle Droid Carrier.
SOO MUCH RAGE!!!

Anyways, back to your army.
Some of the vehicles are... meh...
I mean it's nice that your own builds have a matching color scheme and are semi-functional, but they're nothing special.
The Armadillo's alright, the tank is cute (but will probably have to be an autonomous drone if there isn't an operator), the Gremlin is AWESOME, and the Goblin could probably just have some weapons attached to it somewhere.
I don't know how much use you'll get out of the Blue Angel model since it doesn't appear to have any gun...
Also, I don't think the "Heavy Artillery" is going to count as being any better then the Mediums, since they use the same gun.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:46 pm

The Armadillo fits your army like a glove, nice one!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:12 pm

The Jaguar and Gremlin are great, and I love the diversity of your infantry teams. A nice starting army for sure. :guinness:

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:I'm aware of the Fireteams technicallity, the goal here was to simply show what each divisions uniform variants looked like.

Ah, figured as much.
I just thought that if each "army" has similar look tying it together, you could combine all of them together as different platoons of a single, massive army.

And are those battle droids from before the Lego Company changed plastics, IE the dreaded Grey Shift?
Kastrenzo wrote:EDIT: Wait a minute, the Kastrenzo you think it is, do I know you? as far as I know no one uses my name, and I did know someone online with the alias Whiteagle.
Well FRACK Kastrenzo, I don't know, how many other people in Second Life named Whiteagle do you know?
BFenix wrote: :sbr:
Hey I have to be reasonable on occasion, it makes my insanity all the more unpredictable!
Kastrenzo wrote:I still have 5 Armies to do, four are quite large, while one is only about 20 or less Soldiers, and a few rag tag vehicles. I'll do them after work if I can. I work a backshift so on days that I work I typically only have 4 or 5 hours to myself when Im not asleep, I spent a lot of time today rebuilding many vehicles so that they had faction markings on them. Many vehicles were simply grey or black, I've added color dashes to some vehicles to signify which faction they belong to. The Tank for example was originally all grey. had a different gun, and didn't have any chains or lights on it. I like the new additions personally, gives it a revived feel, I've had that thing between 10 and 7 years. Another Faction has a very similar tank, practically identical chasis, just a different turret.

Well you have a lot of Battle Droids, right?
You could probably bolster the last army's numbers with those.
Speaking of, I noticed you have the droid carrier from 7929 The Battle of Naboo sitting there in the background, so I was wondering what you thought of the quality of droid minifigs?
I picked that set up a little while back, and before I open the box I want to make sure the figures aren't made out of the same shitty plastic as the ones I got in 7126 Battle Droid Carrier.
SOO MUCH RAGE!!!

Anyways, back to your army.
Some of the vehicles are... meh...
I mean it's nice that your own builds have a matching color scheme and are semi-functional, but they're nothing special.
The Armadillo's alright, the tank is cute (but will probably have to be an autonomous drone if there isn't an operator), the Gremlin is AWESOME, and the Goblin could probably just have some weapons attached to it somewhere.
I don't know how much use you'll get out of the Blue Angel model since it doesn't appear to have any gun...
Also, I don't think the "Heavy Artillery" is going to count as being any better then the Mediums, since they use the same gun.
A: My Battle droids are from both before and after the Gray Shift. Mostly before.

B: Well I don't know anyone else named Whiteagle Ay, but forgive me, that's F***ing creepy seeing you here.

C: The Battle droids are pretty much the main soldiers of my "Brown/Tan" Army, While the green is pretty much just a rag-tag group of partisans. The New Droid carrier set is alright, better than the old one, the major difference is the Droids, they're made of a different material, they have different parts *Different Right Arm* and they use actual Blasters now instead of the "Megaphone Guns, Most of my soldiers actually use megaphone guns"

The new Post Gray Shift droids are a minority in my droid collection, and I took all their weapons off to supply the minifig people. So I've just gone off by saying that they have wrist mounted weapons, Similar to the Super Battle Droids. Interesting enough, I no longer have any Supers, I had two that came with the -original- Republic Gunship model back in 2000 or 2001, and the plastic on them wasnt durable. SNAP

D. My vehicles aren't that special because I frankly didnt have a lot of peices to build them with. and many of them are just modified Lego Sets, Sadly the Goblin and Gremlins are just modified Stock sets, the Goblin from what I remember isn't even modified at all. I just found it in my basement Intact when I went downstairs yesterday. Also something to note, I mentioned in the OP, That I'm still in the process of switching to Brikwars, originally I played a different game with these, so with vehicles, some of them werent scaled properly and I was more concerned with getting the exteriors right than trying to build interiors. and the Fighter craft did have guns but they fell off, I have to find them, they were the same kinds of weapons used by the artillery peices.

Anyway, Once again I'm getting ready for work, but I'm going to do either my "Red" or "Black" armies today, My other "Big 3" Armies, The Blue is almost entirley Infantry, The Tan/Brown is almost entirley Star Wars sets, Droid tanks, walkers, infantry, etc. and the Green army is basically what I could slap together with my green parts, and whatever was left over. But anyway there's still a lot of goodies to show. I've got most of my vehicles photographed, but I want to show the infantry first. And I don't have enough time

/TL:DR Post.