Post Some Awesome Metal Cover Songs

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

Re: Post Some Awesome Metal Cover Songs

Postby piltogg » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Silverdream wrote:
piltogg wrote:Silver, you have two creed videos in your favorites... you are now being reverted to silva status.

What are you talking about?

this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu0VRsVC ... plpp_video
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ham701 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:41 pm

Piltogg, you like Cannibal Corpse. You have no ground to stand on like Bonn-o-Tron.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Silverdream » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:06 am

piltogg wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
piltogg wrote:Silver, you have two creed videos in your favorites... you are now being reverted to silva status.

What are you talking about?

this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu0VRsVC ... plpp_video

You have the wrong account. My account is the1andonlyjman. I have never heard that song before.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby piltogg » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Ham701 wrote:Piltogg, you like Cannibal Corpse. You have no ground to stand on like Bonn-o-Tron.

um.. no. no I don't.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:15 pm

piltogg wrote:
Ham701 wrote:Piltogg, you like Cannibal Corpse. You have no ground to stand on like Bonn-o-Tron.

um.. no. no I don't.

@silva : why then do you have a link to a favorites list?
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zupponn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

What do you have against Cannibal Corpse?
I don't own any of their songs, but I do feel that they have talent.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Silverdream » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:03 pm

piltogg wrote:
piltogg wrote:

um.. no. no I don't.

@silva : why then do you have a link to a favorites list?

Please clarify what you are talking about.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 am

Zupponn wrote:

Lol, I hope that was a troll. They're absolutely crappy. Maybe not so much on their instruments, but with lyrics like the song 'Necropedophile' or whatever it was called had and their utterly gruesome cover 'art' something has to be wrong with people to like them. Hasn't anyone ever noticed how people wearing cannibal corpse T-shirts are always on their own at gigs and always look like psychopaths? This is the kind of metal people get into just to shock others and that's where there get their fanbase from, not as much their 'musical talent.' Heck, chris barnes sounds like he's trying to fuck himself while eating chips and doing a backflip.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Bragallot wrote:
Zupponn wrote:

Lol, I hope that was a troll. They're absolutely crappy. Maybe not so much on their instruments, but with lyrics like the song 'Necropedophile' or whatever it was called had and their utterly gruesome cover 'art' something has to be wrong with people to like them. Hasn't anyone ever noticed how people wearing cannibal corpse T-shirts are always on their own at gigs and always look like psychopaths? This is the kind of metal people get into just to shock others and that's where there get their fanbase from, not as much their 'musical talent.' Heck, chris barnes sounds like he's trying to fuck himself while eating chips and doing a backflip.

I have always seen a difference between musical talent and lyrical talent. Besides, your argument says nothing about them not having musical talent. Sure, they might not be the most pleasant band in the world, but this is metal. The type of stuff you are complaining about is very common.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby stubby » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:26 am

Thanks to this conversation, my girlfriend and I are reminiscing about how we first bonded over remixing Cannibal Corpse clips into semester final projects at college back in the nineties. It's all :666: nostalgia over here
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Bragallot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:03 am

Zupponn wrote:
Bragallot wrote:Lol, I hope that was a troll. They're absolutely crappy. Maybe not so much on their instruments, but with lyrics like the song 'Necropedophile' or whatever it was called had and their utterly gruesome cover 'art' something has to be wrong with people to like them. Hasn't anyone ever noticed how people wearing cannibal corpse T-shirts are always on their own at gigs and always look like psychopaths? This is the kind of metal people get into just to shock others and that's where there get their fanbase from, not as much their 'musical talent.' Heck, chris barnes sounds like he's trying to fuck himself while eating chips and doing a backflip.

I have always seen a difference between musical talent and lyrical talent. Besides, your argument says nothing about them not having musical talent. Sure, they might not be the most pleasant band in the world, but this is metal. The type of stuff you are complaining about is very common.

Exactly, as I said (look above) they're not even that bad at their instruments (though still below average imo), yet they manage to still be utterly terrible because the rest of their crappyness simply outweighs that. Being horribly uninteresting is generally a worse fate for a band than just being outright bad imo. The singing is horrible, and singing falls under the category 'requires musical talent'. I can name you a ton of metal bands who don't have to sing about snuggling the corpses of children to be metal and yes, I think people who get a kick out of this are strange. Being horrific can be awesome though, take the concept behind 'Give me your soul... please' by King Diamond. That's just sheer brilliance and at least it has a horror feel to it rather than just being completely over the top ridiculous 'let's just try to be gruesome'. When a band goes 'ahh, let's just try and think of the most gruesome thing you can imagine and sing about that a bit, we're bound to attract a fanbase of people who just want to listen to us to shock others' they just become crappy and yes there are more of this kind of bands, but Cannibal Corpse (the name alone kinda speaks for itself) are the worst in this category I've encountered yet. I also like how if you go to their youtube videos it's full of comments of people saying pretty much the same thing as I am and they're met with tons of comments like 'we'll hammer smash your face! arghgarbl death threats! Chris Barnes will eat your face!" and so on like Bonn-o-Tron.

I do like some extreme music, like Carcass, who were innovators and set the stage for many bands to come, because they took an original approach to their music and lyrics (which are gruesome, but funny as hell, since they're full of terms straight out of a surgent's note book no one really understands, yet the songs have meaning).
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Silverdream » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agWwSsCP6KI

The goofiest cover ever, of any song I've heard.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Haha, I knew it was Van Canto before I clicked that link, though I was thinking of their Rebellion cover. I have no words to describe them, I'm leaving you to guess how I feel about them.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Silverdream » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Personally, I love Van Canto. It probably has to do with my like of musicals/GLEE/dapperness.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Out In The Fields - Iron Mask, from the 2005 tribute album to Gary Moore 'We Want Moore', possibly one of the best covers I've ever heard.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal