Nations of the Kilo, Rho and Zulu Nebula Systems *DEAD*

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: Nations of the Kilo, Rho and Zulu Nebula Systems

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 pm

This is great stuff. You certainly have a great deal of starting armies.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 pm

The Volkan are my favorite so far, probably due to the number of good looking original vehicles they have.

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 pm

I feel like i've lost a lot of vehicles over the years. like im missing stuff or i tore something apart andforgot about that

Some of my favorite sets like the Original Republic Gunship and AT-TE I never dreamed of tearing apart, but I think both of them met their demise in the form of being thrown in a box when we moved, and when it was unpacked it was FUBAR

I mostly play video games like skyrim and battlefield nowadays, but im thinking of buying that lifter/AT-OT bundle, although I was never a fan of walkers, its still neat. I would love to get my hands on one of those Republic Fighter Tank sets the most, but of course, not only am I like 3 years too late, it was an exclusive for Target, we don't have Target department stores here, only the Target apparel, which is to say a junk clothes store

Anyway I'll try to show the rest of my stuff tommorow, Sadly as you can see most of my work has gone into infantry. everything else is still in boxes. Im thinking sometime after Manly Santa Day I'm going to try to set up a table in the basement and start making a town or something,
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:43 pm

I also just remembered, the Mastodon was originally some set from the "Arctic Alpha team" sets that were out around 2006 I think, I already owned one and someone gave me a second for my birthday, I was too lazy to find a bunch of black lego bricks and I didn't want to mix it with megablox, so I spraypainted it black. But it turned out okay. personally I find the dust on all of my models more of an annoyance

many of my models have been permantley coated in dust since we had our kitchen redone years ago. I used the kitchen island for my battles back then and they made such a mess of the place the entire house got coated in pixie dust

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeah I like the look and idea behind the Mastodon, nice job there!

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 pm

I havent been around to post anything latley, I was visiting my mother yesterday who just had an operation, but I used my trip to the city as an opportunity to check out a dedicated toy store, got my 4 year old sister her own girls lego set, and I paced around the lego/megablox isles for about 15 minutes, Looking at the Star Wars and CITY sets, taking a particular interest in the Clone Turbo Tank, AT-AT, and Public Transport sets.

I ended up getting the AT-AT.. Because it's a motherf*cking AT-AT... and I always wanted one as a kid but could never find them in stores.

It dawned on me though that there are quite a few large starship sets out there that Ill probably end up buying one or two of, because right now my armies are entirley ground based when they're supposed to be space age factions.

anyway the AT-AT is put together but Im not really sure who's going to get it, Im thinking I should give it to the Caspians or Kamazians, since neither of them really have a large assault vehicle like the Volk do.

Here are the photos of the Protox Covenant, as promised. I've been getty a little uncreative and impractical with naming my factions, you would think this army is heavily alien influenced, but I'm really just going with what I can get of the top of my head

The Protox Covenant is an emergent empire that has grown between Kamazian and Caspian space, first appearing in G.R 2008 The Protox have become somewhat of a lesser, more local problem for the Kamazians, the Protox have remained on relativley good terms with their other neighbors, the caspians, going so far as to allowing Brik and ABS Mining on some of their fringe worlds. A small war broke out between the Protoxans and Kamazians around G.R 2009 when Protox marines accidentally landed on a Kamazian world, the Kamazians took it as a threat and a skirmish ensued, the war ended in a stalemate and the Caspian Federation stepped in to monitor the ceasefire. the Protoxans take pride in their independence, but value the Caspians as honorable allies.

Each of the "Minor or Lesser" Factions sees itself At war with one major faction, an ally or friend of another, and neutral with the last.

Protox Covenant is an ally of the Caspians, and at War with the Kamazians, Neutral with the Volkans
Lingshan Shogunate is an Ally of the Volkans, at war with the Caspians and neutral with the Kamazians
The Larrian Systems Alliance is an Ally of the Kamazians, at war with the Volkans, and Neutral with the Caspians
All three Major powers are hostile to each other. Thus completing the Trifecta

Protox Covenant ground army

Currently the only vehicle I have in a blue color scheme with the exception of the "Blue Angel" AKA Thrasher starfighter, but that was given to the Caspians since Yellow was originally the identifying color of Caspians, since White didnt always work, *Like I can't make white text*

Zealot Attack Vehicle
The Zealot is the Covenant's only mass produced vehicle in it's military, the bulk of it's vehicles have been captured enemy vehicles that were repainted. it is armed with a roof mounted twin machine gun

Sorry that this update was moslty a TL;DR Text spam, Next up is the Lingshan Shogunate,

The Lingshan have quite a few vehicles but most of them are just stock star wars sets, dispite the name there are no samurai, sorry. It is a civiliation that chose to field a drone military instead of wasting it's own minifigs lives. This is the "Battle Droid" army. If I can get the time I'll have them up tommorow. I work tonight so.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Nice job on these infantry as well. I love how you can just throw a random bunch of similiar-colored minifig parts together and make a good-looking infantry group.

I would put some yellow plates on your AT-AT and give it to the Caspians, seeing as how they may end up fighting both the Kamaz and Volk.

Also, if you want to make more vehicles for the Protox, I would reccomend checking out the CIS star wars vehicles. They have lots of various blue and grey elements. I would highly reccomend the AAT from 2009 or the "Wookie Attack" set from the ROTS line in 2005.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:11 pm

I forget what set it was from, but I had a Confederate Tank Droid and a Spider droid, they're still intact in the basement somewhere, as well as two droid starfighters from the Episode 1 series. Not sure what to do with them, The Tank Droid and Spider Droid are more blue than tan or brown, but I kind of stuck them with the rest of the droids.

And yes, I could just find some small white or yellow plates and stick them on the AT-AT, give it some trim. Makes me wish I still had some of my old sets like the AT-TE, -Original- AT-ST and the -Original- Republic Gunships still intact.

I go all fancy with the "-original-" because its to my understanding that there have been some remakes. I honestley prefer the good old days. I'm a nostalgic I guess. anything Pre 2004-2005

I remember things like the first set to contain a stormtrooper was the TIE Fighter, I went nuts when I got that, I was only a kid of course. now they're a dime a dozen, I'm really pissed off that the Imperial Lander battle pack is discontinued, I missed out on a huge oppurtinuty to bulk up my white army, the stormtrooper bodies were a huge part of the Caspian military, as well as the scouttroopers. next to them, I had a lot of plain colored bodies from the soccer bus sets. I had like 3 or 4 buses, each had about 7 people in them. and you could put team stickers on their chests, I just took the stickers off. That's why the White, red and Blue and Black armies have a lot of soldiers with plain colored bodies.

Anyway I typically don't aim to grow the 3 minor factions, I focus on the Volkans, Caspians and Kamazians mostly.

I've got to save some money up for a new gaming PC, But I'm looking to get 2 or 3 of the Star Wars Starships, things like the Republic Frigate or Maul's infiltrator, entry level stuff, Im not one for buying stuff like the Death Star or Star Destroyer because they're just too expensive for my taste, I'd rather put $500 toward computer parts or daily essentials than a lego set.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 pm

The blue army itself is actually kind of a reminder to myself of how long I've been collecting, there are very old minifigs in there like the Black Falcon soldiers, other assorted sets from the 90s like the Mechanic Jackets, Random space sets, Arctic explorers, and then there are newer peices like the star wars sets. so theres a large variety of figs from over the years

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 am

I like the idea of taking all minifigs of one color and making an army of them.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 am

Next, the Lingshan Shogunate. 5 of 6. the Tan/brown "battle droid army". Before I confinue I juse wanted to post two simple MS Paint pictures explaining the alliances, and what the Tri Nebula region looks like, it is a grouping of starsystems bordering negaverse space on it's eastern fringe. and a second explaining the diplomacy tree between the 6 factions. they are both self explanitory

The Lingshan Shogunate is a society dominated by technology, particulaly it's leadership that is little more than a technology cult, the Lingshan military is comprised almost entirley of drones and cyborgs. For a lesser power in the Region it fields a very large military, the Lingshan allied themselves with the Volk in G.R 2006 and have been at war with the Caspians since the two civilizations first made contact, the Lingshan sought to take territory from the Caspians and showed no interest in negotiating with them. The Lingshan control a medium sized territory between the Zulu and Rho Nebula groupings, between Caspian and Volk space effectivley.

This army is almost entirley stock or lightly modified stock sets.

the combined drone force as well as a small number of cyborg units, and a few Lingshan minifigs who chose to risk their lives to kill their enemies.

Lingshan heavy infantry Exosuit
Rather than employing light vehicles, the Lingshan use heavy exosuits armed with a variety of weapons to give support roles to the battle drones. they are piloted by cyborgs or minifigs and use a repeating heavy blaster and light explosive missiles

Lingshan Troop Crawler
The Shogunate uses this vehicle to transport large numbers of drones over long distances, as well as supplies on occasion. It is not a combat vehicle and the drones must be turned on standby to be able to be stowed in it's compartment.

Samurai Class Drone Fighter-Tank
The Lingshan Samurai class is a dual purpose Vehicular drone that requires no pilot, it functions as both a light tank and a starfighter. it's wings are expanded when in tank mode to allow it's replusor engines to keep the vehicle hovering. while in fighter mode the wings close to make it more compact. the Samurai's laser cannon alternates depending on which mode it is switched in, in tank mode it fires in slower, more powerful charged shots while in fighter mode it fires weaker, automatic shots for dogfighting.

Last on the List is the Larrian Systems Alliance, the Green army, there really isn't a lot to see, their vehicles are basically junkyard worthy, and some are even captured from the Nega armies over the multiple times they tried to invade the region.

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:18 pm

I'd personally scrap some of those sets and use the parts to make something else. Armies always look much cooler when they use MOCs.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:I'd personally scrap some of those sets and use the parts to make something else. Armies always look much cooler when they use MOCs.
Eh, I wouldn't.
The Exo Force mech actually does make a pretty good fit, and the newer Battle Droid Carrier is a decent looking vehicle.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Just found the robot that was supposed to go with the exo suit thing, looks a bit better now than having a stupid C3PO on it

I need to get some better tracks, the kind that have individual peices and link together, I have one set off the star wars tank droid but it's not enough to be able to make two decent sized tracks. the rubber tracks are always too small to fit right on a tank.

Im probably going to scrap the transport vehicle. the others I dunno.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:24 pm

The Caspians *White* Recieved a major uplift in their infantry, their uniforms are now much more streamlined, eliminating pretty much all the legs/arms that were any color but white, with the exception of 2 squads. the Mechanized Infantry and the Heavy Infantry, *The former being stock AT-AT Pilots with a backpack added*

I literally cleaned out the local wal mart of -every- snowtrooper battle pack they had, the Snowtrooper style soldiers now form the majority of the army

I'll throw a picture up later, once I actually find my camera, I've got two stock star wars models that i've been trying to find a home for, the AT-AT I'll be giving white or yellow trim and be giving to the caspians as their heavy assault vehicle, the other is the T-6 Jedi Shuttle, which I was going to use as a light cruiser or something, but not sure who to give it to because it's half white and half red, I could always take it apart, but the AT-AT is going to stay, because it's a F-ing AT-AT,