Battlefield 3 on PS3

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Re: Battlefield 3 on PS3

Post by Ham » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Yeah, multiplayer gaming with friends in person is superior to online. That's the best advantage console has over PC.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Well, you can always have a good, old-fashioned LAN party. You can't, however, load up on couches and recliners while on a PC, which I see as the biggest problem.

Another big problem with PCs is the space you usually need for them. Place for a tower, screen, keyboard, mouse, plus all the cords. Console is just the console, screen, and cords. The controller can go anywhere, and so can you.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:43 pm

You can use your TV screen for your PC and have a wireless keyboard with a trackball mouse in it.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Yea, but that's not comfortable. Or at least not nearly as comfortable.

Granted, you could also hook up a controller to your computer, but then you might as well play on a console.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Except that you will be playing with non primitive technology and can easily pause the game, pick up your keyboard, check your Facebook and Email etc if you feel like it.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I can easily pause a game, pick up my keyboard, and play another game on my laptop while playing on a console. While playing on a console I can easily play two games; one on my console and one on my computer.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:55 pm

You could also have several games running in different tabs on a computer. I remember some folk back in WoW would register a bunch of different accounts and use macros to control a number of characters all at once. They called it Multiboxing, I think.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:58 pm

It was a joke, seeing as you could play a game on a computer while playing another game on a console it doesn't really make consoles any better.

Anyway, I still think lying down on a couch with just a controller is way more comfortable than a keyboard and mouse.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Consoles have less chance of having performance issues than PCs.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:36 am

^ That's true. You don't usually have to troubleshoot or something to run a game, or make sure you have the right specs. You just pop it in and play. The only thing you have to worry about is if the servers are down. Other activities also won't eventually muck up your console, as it can with PCs if you don't take the best care of them.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:00 pm

I remember hauling my PC to my cousins house and have DOOM parties there, but we'd spend part of the day setting up the network and play all night. I remember playing Warcraft (yeah the original), mechwarrior, hexen, quake and of course what started it all DOOM! Now, we're all older and scattered about, with little time or inclination updating our comps for gaming, so we play on the PS3. The other night I was playing MW3 with my cousins in Kansas, New York, and neighboring cities in Cali. Yeah consoles are just more convenient.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Yea, but that's not comfortable. Or at least not nearly as comfortable.

Granted, you could also hook up a controller to your computer, but then you might as well play on a console.
Actually I've gotta say that that's just a straight-up lie. One of my friends got some super-crazy ergonomic wireless keyboard/mouse combo, and he just plugs all this into his TV, so now whenever he's on the computer, he's sitting on his couch with a wireless keyboard that he can pick up and move just as easily as a controller. Oh, and he also has a gamepad.

I like PC games, I like my PS3. Someday soon I'll grab myself the sweetest desktop ever, but for now, console gaming just makes more sense since all I play on my computer anymore are old PC games and roguelikes. Speaking of DOOM and Roguelikes, has anyone played the DOOM Roguelike?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:46 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:Yea, but that's not comfortable. Or at least not nearly as comfortable.

Actually I've gotta say that that's just a straight-up lie. One of my friends got some super-crazy ergonomic wireless keyboard/mouse combo, and he just plugs all this into his TV, so now whenever he's on the computer, he's sitting on his couch with a wireless keyboard that he can pick up and move just as easily as a controller. Oh, and he also has a gamepad.
I don't find that comfortable at all. I'm also the type of person who's fidgety and always needs to move, so I can't sit with a keyboard on my lap for a period of time and with a mouse that needs to be on something.

For me, a controller just has more freedom to move around and get comfortable, though I know what you're saying.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Idea: put the keyboard somewhere else. It's wireless and lightweight and you just slap the mouse on any convenient surface (coffee table, desk, hardcover book, whatever). Or, as has already been mentioned, use a trackball mouse built into the keyboard (although I agree that using a new style of mouse is often awkward as fuuuuuuck). The whole point of his setup is that he's using a computer in a techno-haven utopia, and can simply pick up any part of it and put it somewhere else.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Halo 3 LAN parties are the ultimate gaming experience, hands down.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D