Tairin Federation

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Re: Tairin Federation

Post by SnakeMittens » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Give the knives to the cannon fodder. A rifle is better than a pistol for a makeshift club. :wink:

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:11 pm

SnakeMittens wrote:Give the knives to the cannon fodder. A rifle is better than a pistol for a makeshift club. :wink:
Eh, I don't know Mittens...

Sure, the The Reliably Expendable Dummy-Special Holistic Invasion RouT (or RED-SHIRT) core is suppose to just mob the enemy, but the MI is suppose to be an actual trained military unit.
It doesn't make sense for only the vat-grown clones to be able to defend themselves in close combat...

Besides...
It wouldn't make sense for Corporal "Maniac" here to lack an "Oh SHIT" face if he wasn't gleeful at the prospect of sticking his saber into something.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Bayonets.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Silverdream wrote:Bayonets.
Well I pondered just that idea when I first made them Silver...
...Thing is, I'm not really sure about having a big blocky clip on the end.
I mean, if I'm going to have to buy clips, why don't I just stick them on the back of the vest?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm

You could stick them on their vests or something, but they'll definitely be more effective in the hands of your cannon fodder, who'll be running in anyways. As far as I can tell, the knife+gun technique is one of the more effective ones in brikwars.

Also, having done that clip-to-binoc thing in real life for bayonets, i can assure you that they look completely boneriffic in real life. yes it's a big block at the end, and yes, it is wider than the barrel of the gun.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:56 pm

IVhorseman wrote:You could stick them on their vests or something, but they'll definitely be more effective in the hands of your cannon fodder, who'll be running in anyways. As far as I can tell, the knife+gun technique is one of the more effective ones in brikwars.

Also, having done that clip-to-binoc thing in real life for bayonets, i can assure you that they look completely boneriffic in real life. yes it's a big block at the end, and yes, it is wider than the barrel of the gun.
Good to know.
I think then I'm going to clip the knives to the MI's vest in case of emergency, and give all the REDSHIRTs one to hold.

That way, the REDSHIRTs can be more effective cannon fodder, and the Mobile Infantry will have a small chance to defend themselves in the event they find themselves in close combat.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:43 am

Right. A good strategy would be to leave a small squad of redshirts with your MI, to provide some defensive screening "just in case."

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 am

gets some U-clips from brickarms, they will make the bayonets work perfectly

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:37 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:gets some U-clips from brickarms, they will make the bayonets work perfectly
Runs, I'm not going to make an order to Brickarms just for some clips...

Hell, Brickarms probably have a Morita rifle model as well as Starship Trooper armor.

Anyways, since I've already got some Feddie troops, I think it's time I work on their primary adversaries...
THE BUGS!

The Pseudo-Arachnid Empire was one of the first interstellar civilizations the Tairin Federation made contacted with.
In the begining the Arachnids tried to establish friendly relations with the Federation, but negotiations broke down quickly when the Tairin ambassador began insulting the Empress herself, calling her things like "a disgusting fat-ass".
Enraged at this slight against their great queen's gloriously engorged thorax, the Bugs now wage ceaseless war against Federal forces and their "Bitchy" leaders.

The Worker
Coupling the versatile adaptability of the upper humanoid torso with the rugged dependability of a more arthropodic frame, the intelligent Worker is well suited for a variety of task, including building and interacting with minifigs.
Unfortunately, their civilization's lack of non-biologically based teknology leaves them mostly unequipped for a fight, needing to scavenge weapons from fallen enemies.
Most similar to the "Queen" caste, a Workers pride herself on the resemblance and is the only other Bug to possess a mutagenic bite that will turn the victim into another Worker.
(Basically, I'm thinking that it'd work like the poison rules where once a minifig succumb to it, they go into a "cocoon stage" before eventually being replaced by a Worker with all their equipment and sharing their skill dice.)

The Blast Scorpion
Originally engineered for tunneling and demolition work, the Arachnid Empire has found that the powerful, shotgun-like blast of bio-plasma a Blast Scorpion fires from the end of its tail makes an excellent weapon.

The Warrior
The noble and fearless protectors of the Hive.
When compared to the weak pathetic "soldiers" of Minifig armies, the Bug Warrior is a terrifying engine of slaughter.

While former Warriors were developed with scything blades on their forelimbs, current generations have been altered so that they'll grow a faster firing, longer range variation of the bio-plasma organ found on the Blast Scorpion's tail instead.
They also have an extra eye on each to help aim these weapons.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:17 pm

awesome.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 pm

They're like Starship Troopers bugs with a bit of WH40K Tyranid mixed in! Nice job.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:28 pm

you could uuse some more small creatures though, add some fun

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:They're like Starship Troopers bugs with a bit of WH40K Tyranid mixed in! Nice job.
Actually, the only real Tyranid like thing I did was add guns to the Warrior.
They did have a plasma shooting scorpion in the third film.
RunsWithLegos wrote:you could use some more small creatures though, add some fun
Well, other then maybe adding some Lego ants and spiders, I don't think there will be much more in the way of units.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 pm

I think the legs on the Warrior are weak and skinny looking talk about throwing stones at a glass house. I do however enjoy the worker.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:58 pm

Silverdream wrote:I think the legs on the Warrior are weak and skinny looking talk about throwing stones at a glass house.
Dude, it's a giant bug, of course it's legs are going to be skinny.
Besides, even if it looses one, it can still fight with 86% efficiency!
Silverdream wrote:I do however enjoy the worker.
...Really?
I think that might just be my photography covering up my flaws...