The Sokolov Campaign

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

The Sokolov Campaign

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Sokolov is a particularly backward world under the administration of the Kamazian Union, It has changed hands between the Union and the Holy Protoxan state several times in history, this can be seen by just taking a walk down a street of any city on Sokolov, Exquisite Houses next to run down Kamazian prefabs, Protoxan Religious statues converted into Kamazian Propaganda towers,

Sokolov became a particular point of interest for many of the Brikrigton Space Sector powers, at a time when OT Matieral is hard to come by, Kamazian Dig teams uncover vast quantities of OT ore. Information regarding the existence of this vast deposit is leaked and within weeks, Volkan, Caspian, and Protoxan Fleets descend on Sokolov, as well as a massive Kamazian Fleet that rushes to reinforce it's defense

The Volkan Fleet would be the first Invading force to reach the planet, the Kamazian Support Fleet had already arrived days before, The Majority of the Kamazian reinforcements on the ground had already landed, A massive battle over Sokolov ensued, Midway through the first engagement, The Caspian fleet also arrived, With the space battle showing no signs of slowing down, The Battle turned into a 3 way fight, however the Caspians managed to slip many of their transport ships past the battle, and land most of the 3rd Army on Sokolov. A few transport ships were shot out of the air either by the Kamazian Navy, or the Kamazian orbital defense guns, The Caspian 3rd Army was meant to be deployed with Heavy Armor support, notably a Predator MK.II Super Heavy Tank, this tank along with several units of Mechanized infantry were killed when their transport ship was destroyed on entry of Sokolov.

Overwatch

The Streets of Zelenegorsk, a Major City on Sokolov, the site of the first Engagement on the Surface.

The Caspian 3rd Army, Commanded by General Hackett *Right* and va has his own interests in this conflict, as he was informed that the Kamazians have stockpiled a small fortune somewhere in their Zelengorsk Base, And he seeks to take it for himself, any Kamazians who get in the way are meerly a distraction.

The Caspian 3rd Army deployed, Several units never survived the space battle still going on above, Most notably absent from the deployment is Hammer 1-1, a Caspian Predator Super Heavy Battletank, that was destroyed when a Kamazian Battlecruiser destroyed the Transport Ship carrying Hammer 1-1, as well as a company's worth of Mechanized Infantry

Ns Suspicions are true, a vast stockpile of Loot was stashed inside a House Close to the Kamazian base, Several buildings in Zelenegorsk have been repurposed into Military structures.

The commander of the forces in Zelenegorsk, Polkovnik Meleza. Leader of the Sokolov 9th Regiment,

The Sokolov 9th Regiment, the first line of defense in Zelenegorsk. Several Armored vehicles are en route to the city and will arrive in a matter of hours *Will Recieve 1 Tank and 2 APCs on the 8th Turn, to compensate for being outnumbered*

Important Notes
Both Factions have a "Bonus"
- Kamazian Union have superior Weaponry, every kill roll requires 1 less point. *For example on a D6, Can kill on a 3,4,5 or6. Caspians must roll 4,5 or 6*
- Caspian Federation have the largest army, their squads may consist of up to 9 men, when others are limited at 7
- Caspians go first.
- Kamazians have access to several Deployable weapons, Including High Velocity Guns, Deployable Heavy Machineguns, and a Rocket artillery platform
- On the Kamazian's 8th turn, they will recieve 1 Heavy Battletank and 2 APCs. Unless they are wiped out before this turn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Federation Troops Move out

*Will continue soon, only had enough time to get the preliminary stuff done*
I had to put it on hold because my 5 year old sister is visiting and she asked to play with my "lego town", She's got a bunch of those Lego Friends sets, not sure how they're going to fit in a town with dozens of Little army men but whatever.
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Re: The Sokolov Campaign *Week 1*

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:39 pm

hahaahh a pinkian invaision!

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:38 pm

My sister wrecked all the soldiers that were deployed on the beach when she was playing with the town , because she didnt want "all the armies" in her girls houses I'm going to set it up again tommorow, I just took all my new soldiers and posed them for a massive group photo. But yeah anyway I kind of wanted to play a game on my PC so Like I said, I'll fire it up tommorow, Sorry for a boring OP

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Turn 0 *Didn't count this as a turn because there was only moving involved, no combat*
Several Caspian Infantry squads advance, spreading out to head in various flanks

Kamazian Troops mobilize, and push a car out of a yard to create a makeshift barricade, an Infantry Squad piles behind it in preperation to meet the attackers, A second Squad of Irregulars take cover in an unfinished Building

Turn 1
Rifle Squad 4 is the first to meet the Kamazians, they fire on the irregulars, score only 1 Kill

The Irregulars fire back, The Sergeant of Squad 4 wasn't exactly the brightest Tactician, He and three of his men are cut down by Kamazian Rifles

Turn 2
Colonel Naumova leads the Brikrigton Division Troops head on into the fray, his Team Kills the rest of the Kamaz Irregulars,

Kamazian Riflemen fire on Naumova's Squad, 2 Killed

Turn 3
Federation Reinforcements reach the Front line, Several Squads turn into the flanks rather than head on, A marine fireteam clambers on top of the Cafe, while Naumova and what remans of his fireteam run into the alleys of the housing district

The other Brikrigton Division Fireteam joins him, Finding a stockpile of Kamazian Military equipment behind the houses as well as two large OT Ore rocks, A pair of Kamazian Troops spot them and a firefight ensues, The Kamazians are both killed

Kamazian Reinforcements bolster the front line fighters, and concentrate fire on the left side of the Federation Lines, Rifle Squad 4 is completley annihalated and Rifle Squad 3 looses Half of their numbers aswel from The Massive Kamazian Barrage, What remains of Squad 3 cowers behind a Car

KILL COUNTS - END OF TURN 3
Caspian Federation - 6
Kamazian Union - 12

tymon555
Officer

Post by tymon555 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 pm

I really like that OT rocks
Oh, He's here.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Awesome. I've never seen so many figures in an infantry only game.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:10 pm

That's not even half of them. Maybe sometime I'll have another infantry only battle,

That is the entire red army, against 2/3 or 3/4 of the white army,
White army is approximatley 125 strong, Red, Black and Blue combined is about that aswell

and the rocks are from those rock miners sets, or possibly life on mars. I really don't remember.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:26 am

Kastrenzo wrote:That's not even half of them.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Is that supposed to be jaw-drop, or mocking a rainbow army

Or both?

CONSPIRACY.

Maybe sometime I'll get all 6 of my armies soldiers and put them on a group photo

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm

That car is in desperate need of a grenade or 2. I'm rooting for the non-clone troopers, as they are kicking huge amounts of ass!
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:02 am

Freakin awesome battle. The diversity among your troops is very nice. I'm rooting for the Caspians (sorry I just like Cl0an3s I guess).

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 am

More Federation Infantry end up on the loosing end of a firefight

The car took such a beating that it caught fire and exploded, Killing more Caspians and mangling the bodies of many who were already dead

Naumova's squad fire on a garrison of Kamazian troops inside an ugly blue house, The Rocket Artillery Battery is hit by stray fire and it misfires, launches part of it's payload, the other rockets fell out of their pods and hit the ground...

... All of it exploding

Kamazian Artillery fires on Federation troops down the street

Massacring a Squad in the process

KAMAZIAN MECHANIZED CONVOY ARRIVES

Federation heavy infantry fire AT Missiles at the vehicles, knocking out the rear of a Kamazian APC *Picture was corrupted,*

Kamazian Riflemen make a push on Federation positions

Federation troops shoot some of them as they run past

More Kamazian riflemen reinforce, and kill several Caspian Soldiers on the flank

Meanwhile, Naumova and his men sneak around the wrecked houses

Kamazian and Caspian troops run over each others dead in a violent close range firefight

Across the street another violent battle ensues on someone's lawn

Caspian troops from across the road fire at the Kamazians, killing a few

A Kamazian Kodiak Tank rolls over the wreckage and dead bodies and fires a Frag shell at a large group of Federation troops, scoring many kills and scattering the rest

KILL COUNTS

Caspian Federation - 10 Troops + 1 APC, Total 17
Kamazian Union - 20 Troops, Total 32

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:41 pm

the Federation is getting snuggled

Kastrenzo

Re: The Sokolov Campaign

Post by Kastrenzo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:08 am

Caspian soldiers take shelter in the store while Kamazian Troops and tanks push up the road

Marines try to hold their position

Several are killed when they try to garrison an apartment structure, by the Kamazian tank

After sufferring heavy losses, General Hackett orders all forces to pull back, and for Naumova to hit the main enemy force from behind their lines

In the frontlines, several Caspian grunts drop their weapons and surrender

While others go down fighting

In a last ditch attempt, The last garrison of Front line troops ambushes the Kamazians,

Killing several of them

However they are flushed out by Kamazian Commandos, one soldier kills himself, two are killed by Kamazians, and the fourth attempts to surrender

The Commando Sergeant Executes him.

Meanwhile, Naumova prepares his men to flank the enemy, but he is not intentionally obeying the General's order

Several on both sides go down

the fight turns into a melee, A Kamazian Champion stares down Naumova and tries to cut him down

Naumova sacrifices one of his men to save his own hide,

Most of the Kamazians are killed in the melee, Naumova's squad loses half of theirs aswell

Naumova's squad fire on the Kamazian Colonel as he tries to surrender

Meanwhile on the Beach, What is left of the Caspian Force run for their lives.

Naumova loots the Kamazian storehouse of their riches, and prepares to load them onto a Kamazian Combat Truck and slip away unnoticed, Naumova would later be ejected from the Military under the charge of neglecting his responsibilities.

RESULT - PYRRHIC KAMAZIAN VICTORY
Kamazian Casualties - Heavy , Roughly 75%-85%
Caspian Casualties - Near Total - 95%, not including deserters and Surrendered Troops

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: The Sokolov Campaign

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Surrender? In Brikwars?

Self-inflicted gunshot wounds are alright though, you don't even have to make a skill roll for it.