Postby Xenoman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Let's see if anyone gets worked up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRi ... wiiEg8bKJ4
TROLOLO
Xenoman
Hero

Re: Father sets the Record Straight

Postby Silverdream » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 pm

How mature of him. I know his kid was being a brat, but this seems like an overreaction.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 pm

It totally is, and he most likely will eventually buy her a new computer before college, but it's still entirely within his right and reason. He paid all that money for the computer, and by making it his property he also paid for the right to shoot the hell out of it. The downside is that I'm pretty sure hollow point rounds are illegal so somebody's probably gonna come with a cop knocking on the front door, and if the cleaning lady's illegal she's probably already gotten the hell out of town from all the publicity. Regardless, this is totally awesome. It doesn't take that much of working at even the shittiest job to get enough cash for a cheap computer, and who knows? maybe she'll learn something about posting information on the internet, an increasingly public space.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Zupponn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Embarrassment can be one of the best teaching methods. She totally deserved it for what she posted.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Tzan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Shooting a gun within a certain distance of houses or a road is also illegal.
Not sure what his local laws are.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Tzan wrote:Shooting a gun within a certain distance of houses or a road is also illegal.
Not sure what his local laws are.

With an accent like that, I bet guns are owned by almost everyone in their area.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby BFenix » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

The shooting part was a bit extreme, but as far as we know, I think she deserved it. Disrespect is something very, very ugly. Sure, teens are rebellious, but after a warning like that, that post was just plain stupid. If she wanted to vent out, she should have written that down on a piece of paper and then burn it or ask her dad to take a few shots off the .45 in the shooting range and grow up.

Anyways, why the hell are we discussing this? It's not exactly our business.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Dr. Dynamo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:57 pm

I've seen this thing all over the internet today and I'm having mixed reactions to it. While I don't have kids of my own I have spent more than enough time acting as a sparent (Spare parent) to my teenage niece and babysitting the children of friends, to know that they are horrible, horrible little people. Did she deserve to be punished? Oh hell yes, she got off easy if you ask me.
But did she deserve to be publicly humiliated? No, because there's a fine line between discipline and abuse and I think this man's decision to make this video crossed that line. Not only does he publicly shame his daughter, but he also destroys the very computer she would have used to see it. The third thing that bothers me about this video is that it screams passive-aggressive father who has trouble communicating with his child.

Arguments between family members should be kept public, you don't invite people into your home to watch you argue with your girlfriend or wife, why would you videotape yourself lecturing your daughter?
TROLOLO
Dr. Dynamo
Battlefield General

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:21 am

She made their family argument public as well. Several times from the sound of it. The reason he's "publicly humiliating" her is because she attempted to do the same to him and his wife. If she's a smart kid, she'll wise up. She doesn't sound like one, though.

Now, I was, and still am, very lucky and spoiled. I was a brat, but I would never do something like that and I would never be ungrateful for my parents buying me a nice computer.

He said if she did it again he would put a bullet through her computer. Seems pretty legit to me. Hell, it's his property.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Keldoclock » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:41 am

He overreacted, but it was still totally with in his rights as a parent. I wouldn't have stooped to her level by hanging all my dirty laundry in public, and I probably wouldn't have shot the laptop (EJHP rounds are fucking expensive, man!).
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 am

The dad is insecure and immature to handle the situation in this way. He's also insane. Southern accent says it all, as well as the stupid hat he's wearing. Simply grounding her and taking the laptop would've solved it in a way they were able to get over it again, right now I'm pretty sure his daughter is never going to forgive him for this. Is that what he wanted? To completely and utterly destroy his relationship with his daughter forever? This guy clearly has issues and a lot of stocked anger, I wonder what happened during his youth. How long before a madman like this starts pointing the gun at his daughter instead? What troubles me most is 90 percent of the people think he's 'awesome' when he's clearly insane. Think about it this way instead: would you want this guy to be your dad? I have fights with my dad as well but neither of us are insane enough to let it go that far that it could destroy our relationship, much different from this madman.

Edit: Also, my dad doesn't need a .45 to have authority. Any parent who uses guns to scare his children clearly has something (= a great lack of authority) to compensate for. No doubt this dickhead would shit his pants if he were to confront a real man speaking his mind to him on this matter and he didn't have his gun with him.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something else to put here now that I have a new custom rank.

Postby Zahru II » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 am

How do you guys say it... "like father like daughter"? As in being utterly retarded.
BFenix wrote:Zahru kicks so much ass!

Best rank+avatar combo on the boards

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Bragallot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:09 am

He's deleting negative comments... what a retard. I hope the sense of guilt eventually makes him put a bullet through his own brain... Wait, no, the word 'head' is much more appropriate.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something else to put here now that I have a new custom rank.

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Bragallot wrote:He's also insane. Southern accent says it all, as well as the stupid hat he's wearing

Hey now, that's not very nice.

Think about it this way instead: would you want this guy to be your dad? I have fights with my dad as well but neither of us are insane enough to let it go that far that it could destroy our relationship, much different from this madman.

My dad is almost exactly insane in the same way this guy is (minus the hat and accent). You know what I do to make sure he doesn't put a bullet through my laptop? I don't do stupid stuff. The stupid stuff I've done, I only did once. I learned to be respectful because there were actual consequences instead of just having my computer taken away for a week. If I was warned, I better believe there would be a follow through. It's a good life lesson. Someone like this girl, even though she's 15 or whatever, still needs to learn discipline. It sounds like she ALREADY hates her parents, even before he did this whole thing.

Edit: Also, my dad doesn't need a .45 to have authority. Any parent who uses guns to scare his children clearly has something (= a great lack of authority) to compensate for.

I don't think he's using the gun to have authority. I think he's just using the gun to shoot the laptop. He wouldn't have those kinds of rounds if he weren't a collector or did target shooting. The whole family probably did, as I know people around here who have the same kind of stuff. She was probably used to seeing the gun all the time anyway. She had probably even shot it before.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Keldoclock » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Disrespect is ugly, and this guy did what was right.

Bitch be tripping.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Next

Return to General Discussion