Praetorian Fleet (LDD w/files)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Praetorian Fleet (LDD w/files)

Post by dilanski » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:59 am

My attempts at getting an LDD micro-space fleet together for specifically the Praetorian Empire, just click the ships name to download the file which can be opened in LDD (Shouldn't require the latest version), note they're also at the bottom of this page

First off is the Crucible Class Warship. The Crucible-Class is a multipurpose command vessel, it can be outfitted to carry planetary invasion forces or for a full fighter compliment, unlike traditional carriers the Crucible carries heavy weapons and is more than capable of holding it's own in a fight.

Next is the Vendetta Class Battleship. Designed for supporting the Crucible Class, this class of battleship focuses on firepower. while smaller than the standard Scythian Battleship, It's firepower is comparable to that of their Emperor Class.

Finally is the Vanguard Class Frigate, A light gun platform and patrol vessel, the Vanguard lack significant firepower on their own, but in numbers can still deal significant damage, their main combat role is defending larger ships more vulnerable to fighters. Vanguard's are often seen patrolling Praetorian space, performing spot checks on ships.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: Praetorian Fleet (LDD w/files)

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:11 pm

:all: are exceptionally awesome.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Nice ships!
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Pretty cool ships!

tymon555
Officer

Post by tymon555 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Zupponn wrote:Pretty cool ships!
Falk wrote:Nice ships!
Oh, He's here.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks for the positive comments. Currently debating whether to build a large 'Dreadnaught+' ship, or a small Destroyer/Cruiser sized ship, While I'm partial to huge DEATH Ships, with city melting firepower, I do have a very large gap at the moment, thoughts anyone?

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Very nice, I especially like the Vanguard! (but they were all better then average, nice designs)
Any possibility of us seeing them in the brick? Ofcourse you need a dreadnought too, but don't forget the supportships - a tanker and a repair-ship?

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 pm

dilanski wrote:planetary invasion feces
All three of those ships are excellent.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:19 am

Cakeman wrote:...Any possibility of us seeing them in the brick? Ofcourse you need a dreadnought too, but don't forget the supportships - a tanker and a repair-ship?
I'm working in LDD because at the moment it has more bricks and colours than I do, so getting a perfect match is not possible, could probably get them together with a bricklink order though, but considering I'd never have much use for them the money would be better spent on ground units. Also there was plans for a large LDD microspace battle, organised at the time by scythe, I'd hate for my guys to be completely ruled out of any future epicness on the basis of lacking a suitably awesome digital fleet.

EDIT:

For anyone paying attention, here is my work so far on my 'Planetary Siege Vessel'. About 1/2 to 1/3 of it's total length. I really hope this isn't overkill of the n'th degree, the captain of that battleship must be shitting himself, good thing it'll be on his side.