The Deadly Spaceman!!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:31 pm

hate to break it to you, but 1d20 doesn't necessarily mean high number of UR. in fact, 1d6+8 will on average give you a higher number than 1d20. keep in mind that 1d20 doesn't mean you'll get a high number - it means you'll get any number between 1 and 20. even the crappy numbers.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:48 pm

True, but no matter what, he'll get to use whatever he want, as everything has a use rate of 1 when the spaceman tries to do something.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:54 pm

King of Brix wrote:True, but no matter what, he'll get to use whatever he want, as everything has a use rate of 1 when the spaceman tries to do something.
but a roll of one means a critical failure, even Deadly space-man screws up sometime.

and clearly a rule of 0 on a D0 is a critical success because it's the highest number on a D0.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:31 pm

You didn't read at all, did you? He can't come up with a total of one, seeing as he gets +1 to skill rolls. And 0 is also the lowest number on a d0, and the deadly spaceman considers a 0 a failure, despite it being either one or the other. Owned.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:23 pm

k.o.b. has a valid point also i made deadly space man and he doesn't look nearly as awesome as in mikes pictures. but still pretty good

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 pm

I don't have a 20 sided dice :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:28 pm

I do. It's blue.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:14 pm

I've got two orange 20 sided dice =D
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:16 pm

I have about ten purple ones. Of course, that's important when you play D&D...
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Ten at a time though? I thought you only need one. Unless of course you have a super special awesome ray gun that does 10d20 damage, because then you would really need them all.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 pm

King of Brix wrote:He can't come up with a total of one, seeing as he gets +1 to skill rolls. And 0 is also the lowest number on a d0, and the deadly spaceman considers a 0 a failure, despite it being either one or the other. Owned.
How would a human like us even begin to know how a minifig thinks. For all we know he see a 0 on a d0 to be over 9000. Un-Owned.

So if he did roll a d0 and did consider it to be a crit failure but got +1 to the roll would he then gain the ultimate power because a 1 isn't even on a d0?
Get that corn outta my face!

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Blitzen wrote:Ten at a time though? I thought you only need one. Unless of course you have a super special awesome ray gun that does 10d20 damage, because then you would really need them all.
I've got 2d20, one orange and the other blue. But I need at least four more, preferbly six of the same color. Thermonuclear missiles dealing 6d20 damage. At worst, it wipes out all the minifigs in the area, at best, it levels the frakking battlefield.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Silent Mobius wrote:So if he did roll a d0 and did consider it to be a crit failure but got +1 to the roll would he then gain the ultimate power because a 1 isn't even on a d0?
If he rolls a critical success on a d0, that just means he gets to roll bonus d0s. It's an infinite loop.

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Rayhawk wrote:
Silent Mobius wrote:So if he did roll a d0 and did consider it to be a crit failure but got +1 to the roll would he then gain the ultimate power because a 1 isn't even on a d0?
If he rolls a critical success on a d0, that just means he gets to roll bonus d0s. It's an infinite loop.
Nay. In the rules, it clearly states that for every critical success you can roll one additional d6.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Blitzen wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:If he rolls a critical success on a d0, that just means he gets to roll bonus d0s. It's an infinite loop.
Nay. In the rules, it clearly states that for every critical success you can roll one additional d6.
But 1.4 also says, "It's unclear whether or not a roll of 0 on a d0 counts as a Critical Success." It's clearly unclear!