Updated armies

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Re: Updated armies

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:21 am

When the Magyars (Hungarians in Hungarian) came to Hungary, they butchered the Slavs that originally inhabited the place and forced the rest into servitude. After that they were pretty chill. I love having Hungarians in my family tree.
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:01 am

We traded the land for a fancy white horse, it was all fair and square :3
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Having played that game as the Dragon Knights, here's the flaws I noticed and how I'd fix em:

*If you could somehow make the lances longer, the flying dragon cavaliers could turn out to be totally awesome. Give the riders the ability that Heavies have to carry large weapons, then give em some boneriffic huge blade. Mounted on the dragon and using the size and flight speed of the dragon in a charge attack would allow them to perform some serious charge attacks. Depending on how intelligent your dragons are, they might be able to throw a flame attack in there too! When I was playing BitS, this is what I was attempting to do, but the reach on the lance couldn't make it and they got killed horribly.

*Definitely keep lances on all the horsemen as well, because that charge attack I tried to make against the bulls (who were supposed to be weakened by the dragon charge but you know how that went) was underwhelming as all hell. But that's just how the dice roll sometimes. I also could have been smarter about when I charged, but ah well.

*Still, mounted archers on the dragons are pretty damn awesome as well. Archers to the rear with spearmen and swordsmen are great as well, but those Pikemen in BitS held their own remarkably well. Putting them on horses is always a welcome upgrade though!

The Dragon Knights fell partially due to bad rolls, bad commanding, and overwhelming forces. I started off sandwiched between the front of the entire bull army, and on the closest front for the Golden Lions. Instead of staying my ground and defending my position, I tried to engage both forces directly with superior units. I disrupted the living shit out of the battlefield, but paid for it with my own life. Then again, :sparta:

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Oh, look. Silverdream figured out how I came up with Voytek's name. :D