Winter Has Arrived Turn 2

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Winter Has Arrived Turn 2

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Trattorians
The Trattorian cruisers and what’s left of the frigate fire on the Akkadian destroyer Baal.

One down!

The fighters pitch in and see if they can make a win streak.

Two down as the Gilgamesh bites the dust!

The proud battleship decides it should put itself to good use before it gets blown up, and hopes to maintain Trattoria’s win streak.

And with the fall of the Ishtar, three down with the Akkadian fleet getting ass-snuggled by the Trattorians.

Also, there is so much junk floating there I’m going to rule it an impossible debris field.

The Trattorians then deploy two more squads of fighters.

Praetorians
The two Praetorian battleships spread out and bear down on the damaged Bavarian ship.

The Bavarian ship, despite being of good German engineering, finally falls.

Everyone else moves up and the fighters target the RIN gunboats.

Three gunboats are eliminated and one is severely damaged.

Meanwhile, the frigates focus on an RIN destroyer and blow it to the heavens.

Finally the mega-carrier Space Oddity decides to actually do something and lights up the dark vacuum of space with its heavy turrets.

Another RIN space station is asploded, but fortunately for them/unfortunately for us all the fighters emergency launched and escaped the explosion.

The RIN fighters stand ready to engage the incoming barbarians.
Secret Faction C Unlocked: Avalonians

Six Avalonian frigates enter the battlefield to help the Third Alliance in its hour of need.

Bavaria
A Bavarian capitol ship fires its laser at an asteroid. What would be the point of such a waste of ammo?

The asteroid breaks its laser-tether and begins moving in the direction of the Trattorian fleet. It will move two inches per turn until otherwise acted upon.

The entire Bavarian fleet then orients itself in the same direction, at the Praetorian battleship V. Every weapon but one in the fleet is fired.

TWO-HUNDRED-AND-THIRTY-EIGHT DAMAGE MAKES ME HATE MATHEMATICS.

Akkadians
The gunboats seek out any intact marine drop pods from the wreckage field.

They find two and deploy two fighters to bring the boys back home.

Of course the gunboats continue pounding the Trattorians during this and manage to bring the destroyer to a small withered husk of itself, waiting to be wiped out on the next shot.

RIN
All RIN ships ready their weapons at the Trattorian fleet.

Destroyer destroyed.

SHIT SHIT SHIT goes the Trattorians.

The RIN fighters move out and prepare to dogfight.

Three less fighters for the Trattorians.

Also, the RIN orders the Akkadians to disarm the bombs on the asteroid.

Scythians
Captain Conor Kole: Jeez, I have a lot of messages today.

IVhorseman wrote:"At the press of a button, Akkadian command will vaporize another asteroid of your precious Red Transparent Ore. If we can hold this field from attack, your ore will be mined and delivered to you without further incident. However refusal to cooperate in our alliance will result in the bombing of your ship's bridge, as well as the loss of this entire valuable mining field. Comply Immediately or suffer the consequences."
Captain Kole: Okay, Our Scythian feces agree for that pact. furthermore, we can help you with defense your outpost. But there's no free lunch - you must give me double amount of RT.
Robot Monkey wrote:"We'll get your RT back when this battle is over! Calm yourselves and shoot those trattorian barbarians!"
Captain Kole: Excellent, as stated before we will begin firing on the attackers starting next turn.
Secret Faction D Unlocked: MASS

Need reinforcements, AN? MASS is here to the rescue!

Overviews

Kill Table:

Trattorians:
Fighters/Bombers: 0
Gunboats: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 3
Cruisers: 0
Battleships: 0
Space Stations: 1

Praetorians:
Gunboats: 4
Destroyers: 2
Cruisers: 1
Space Stations: 1

RIN:
Fighters/Bombers: 3
Destroyers: 1
Space Stations: 0

Bavaria:
Destroyers: 0

Akkadians:
Frigates: 1

Scythians:

Avalonians:

MASS:

SEND IN YOUR ORDERS NOW

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Winter Has Arrived Turn 2

Post by Zupponn » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:24 am

Wow. I must say, I'm impressed. This battle looks pretty sweet, and I'm not usually into microspace stuff.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 am

My biggest worry when I first saw this was that It'd be slow, but damn this brutal.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:15 am

I think the smaller ships need more HP, they're getting destroyed super fast. Oh and Colette, how do you do the ship explosions? just take them apart brick by brick?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:23 pm

:wtf:

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 pm

IVhorseman wrote::wtf:
Does that have to do with my post?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Falk wrote:
IVhorseman wrote::wtf:
Does that have to do with my post?
:wtf: :wtf:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Also, what microspace system are you using? Ships seem to be getting destroyed faster than normal.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 pm

He mentioned it in either the sign-up or turn 1, I think it's olothor's brickspace 1.5 or something like that, it doesn't include any ship HP, that sould be fixed.

tymon555
Officer

Post by tymon555 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Have you link for BrikSpace rules other than olothor's? Search on forum sucks and i can't find other variants.
Oh, He's here.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:26 pm

@Falk: The reason the small ships are dying so fast is because of the sheer size of this battle. All of the ships here have the same armor as usual but have like five times as many guns pointing at them than normal so of course they get obliterated fast. As for explosions what I do is, Brikspace says disable a component every time the armor is overcome, but I don't have exact stats for any of these ships so I use a more general method. Every time the armor is overcome, I knock off 3-5 pieces, more if there's a dense cluster of small pieces, and less if I'm taking off, say, a 2x6 brick or something. I then take the pieces off, spam my arrow keys to orient it in a random direction, then place the blown-off piece in anywhere in a certain radius of the ship. When I'm done I place small flames wherever is convenient.

@RM: Well as stated before the armor's still the same but now they're getting fired at by many more guns than is typically seen in a normal microspace battle. Of course everything's going to die faster. Besides, it keeps the game moving and interesting, better than seeing the same old ships exchange fire and get a few pieces chipped off per turn.

@tymon555: Nope, I know Ross_Varn might be able to direct you to the QuikSpace ruleset though.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:36 pm

How ironic it is that Mgb complains that my Conifer class has too many guns for its size, when I get stuck with his own ships and THEY don't even fit the rules we're using here.

...Also, how do the weapons work in this game?
They have listed ranges, but it later says they don't matter...
Or how many can I fire in a turn, and can I individually target something with a single weapon or do I have to dedicate everything on the ship to a single opponent?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Whiteagle wrote:How ironic it is that Mgb complains that my Conifer class has too many guns for its size, when I get stuck with his own ships and THEY don't even fit the rules we're using here.

...Also, how do the weapons work in this game?
They have listed ranges, but it later says they don't matter...
Or how many can I fire in a turn, and can I individually target something with a single weapon or do I have to dedicate everything on the ship to a single opponent?
I was actually calling them boring because from what I could tell, you slapped a bunch of the same kind of gun on a triangle. A prime example of Asterios Shit Syndrome.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:48 pm

The ranges could be useful if you were using microspace in atmospheric conditions? IDK, but here I don't care about ranges, you could be at the back of the Trattorian fleet and still take potshots at the Emperor across the board.

Every weapon has its own action and can (theoretically) fire at its own target. However if you make me target a billion different things with your weapons I WILL do bad things to your faction, i.e spawning an asteroid/unstable singularity/Lady Vega II etc. in the middle of your fleet.

Edit: If I find stats, I might actually be serious on the last one.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:12 pm

mgb519 wrote:I was actually calling them boring because from what I could tell, you slapped a bunch of the same kind of gun on a triangle. A prime example of Asterios Shit Syndrome.
Uh dude, it's a ship built by killer robots.
From Briktoid Automata's inception the idea for their space warship was a cone bristling with weapons.

Besides, it's not like I can't come up with a spaceship design:
It's just I don't like them being Blue-water Naval vessels that somehow got space-borne.
Colette wrote:The ranges could be useful if you were using microspace in atmospheric conditions? IDK, but here I don't care about ranges, you could be at the back of the Trattorian fleet and still take potshots at the Emperor across the board.
Alright, I was just wondering.
Colette wrote:Every weapon has its own action and can (theoretically) fire at its own target. However if you make me target a billion different things with your weapons I WILL do bad things to your faction, i.e spawning an asteroid/unstable singularity/Lady Vega II etc. in the middle of your fleet.
Ok ok!
I was just wondering if my Double-plated Beam Frigate had any armament disadvantages over the four fighters it equals in fleet cost.