Lego Friends, err, FIENDS

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Re: Lego Friends, err, FIENDS

Post by Natalya » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:12 am

This is the stupidest thread ever. I'm disappointed in everyone who has made a post since my last post.

Including me.

But this post was genius:

Gungnir wrote:Wow. From girls' toys to black people. It's like I'm on the internet or something.
stubby wrote:We've been taking bets over the last couple of days on how long it would take for someone to call me on this. I lost. I said it would happen right after I banned you, and it would come from someone other than you (which was kind of a cheat on my part, since you were banned). So this is a little later than I expected, and not really as satisfying as I was thinking it would be, and I didn't even get to use the "I'm glad we had this talk" music like I wanted to. Probably if it came from IVhorseman or somebody I'd be a lot more contented. (My bet was that it'd be Natalya, but she's kind of a ringer.)
I do feel like you've been a total asshole in this thread and I am disappointed in you. I mean I know you do this shit on purpose because you seem to have a sort of chaotic-neutral sense of humour but at times (such as right now) it becomes tedious and makes you look like a fucking idiot.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:27 am

stubby wrote: We've been taking bets over the last couple of days on how long it would take for someone to call me on this. I lost. I said it would happen right after I banned you, and it would come from someone other than you (which was kind of a cheat on my part, since you were banned). So this is a little later than I expected, and not really as satisfying as I was thinking it would be, and I didn't even get to use the "I'm glad we had this talk" music like I wanted to. Probably if it came from IVhorseman or somebody I'd be a lot more contented. (My bet was that it'd be Natalya, but she's kind of a ringer.)
I did come very close to saying something at the banning.
But generally when I have the option to walk into a shit storm I usually don't.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:47 am

:silver:
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:11 am

stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:My parents once told me that there's a difference between a el nigre and a black person, and I tend to agree. Does that make me racist?
That is another one of the cliches on the stupid things racists say bingo card, I'm not even kidding.
I was being serious and looking for opinions.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Tzan wrote:
stubby wrote: We've been taking bets over the last couple of days on how long it would take for someone to call me on this. I lost. I said it would happen right after I banned you, and it would come from someone other than you (which was kind of a cheat on my part, since you were banned). So this is a little later than I expected, and not really as satisfying as I was thinking it would be, and I didn't even get to use the "I'm glad we had this talk" music like I wanted to. Probably if it came from IVhorseman or somebody I'd be a lot more contented. (My bet was that it'd be Natalya, but she's kind of a ringer.)
I did come very close to saying something at the banning.
But generally when I have the option to walk into a shit storm I usually don't.
I don't always walk into shitstorms
But when I do, I usually don't.

Yes Zuppon, if you actually subscribe to that logic, you're racist.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 pm

:guinness:

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Zupponn wrote:
stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:My parents once told me that there's a difference between a el nigre and a black person, and I tend to agree. Does that make me racist?
That is another one of the cliches on the stupid things racists say bingo card, I'm not even kidding.
I was being serious and looking for opinions.
I think this is a racist way of saying that there are good and bad people in every race, sexual orientation, gender and culture.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Reading all those text walls on this thread: 45 minutes of my life that I'll never get back

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:16 pm

This thread needs to overdose on :sbr: and die.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Natalya wrote:I do feel like you've been a total asshole in this thread and I am disappointed in you. I mean I know you do this shit on purpose because you seem to have a sort of chaotic-neutral sense of humour but at times (such as right now) it becomes tedious and makes you look like a fucking idiot.
In hindsight, yeah, that kind of went off the rails, not really sure what happened there. I thought I could turn it into something that'd be more entertaining for everybody but instead I just turned into an asshole and a bully for a couple of days.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Silverdream wrote:I think this is a racist way of saying that there are good and bad people in every race, sexual orientation, gender and culture.
Indeed, such as the Boondocks animated series having terms such as "el nigre Moment" and "el nigre technology".

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:30 pm

and this is why we don't bring these things up if we'd rather not see the idiotic side of each other.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Back on topic:
The one thing I don't like about the Friends line is the lack of articulation. Shoulders, neck, and waist, and that's it? Ludicrous.
But I do like the fact that the heads can be transplanted onto a regular minifig with few proportional issues.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 am

Can the heads be put on minifig torsos? I haven't gotten any, but I thought Friends had necks that were only a minifig accessory width, not a stud width. I know the hair and headpieces are mostly interchangeable.

I agree that I think it's strange how different they decided to make the articulation points. Legs connected at the ankles, not entirely compatible with regular figs. I could understand no wrist articulation, but other than that it just seems unnecessarily simplified.

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:13 am

I agree that the lack of articulation is strange. Could it be because of the expense of creating new molds?

I wonder if this will be changed for future sets?

I'm still waiting for someone to post a Fiend army on here...
Just Monika