Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex (20,000 VIEWS!)

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Robot Monkey wrote::shock:

So it's a spidertank with a floating ass?
When finished, it will hover - hence why I have not removed the blades - the legs fold around so it can still fly.
Theblackdog wrote:Daaaaaaaaamn.

How the hell does it balance?
At the moment - carefully - I am missing only 2 click joints to convert it over fully.

:sparta:
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:25 pm

That's one beast of a tank, I like it.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Not sure about this Scythe... you see, you already made the Super Death Spider Tank in LDD, the Behemoth or something, right? Although I support mashing things up to make them more awesome, this feels awkward. Like RM said, it has a floating ass. Having legs AND hovering engines just feels wrong. In terms of dakka, it is sufficient. :wink: But now you nailed down four vehicles that could probably take the larger one out.

It's still pretty kickass, but it was a wrong move IMO.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:33 am

2 months of hindsight later . . .

Well it turns out you where right bfenix . . . I had mashed everything together to attempt to maximize my dakka and form a new idea together due to a lack of brikwars inspiration, I had hit a dry patch and had attempted to beat Natalyas recent Spider tank . . . and it turns out that I actually missed the old designs, so I have rolled back on a couple of my ideas.

I am going to rebuild the Orpheus S.H.D.T and Black Widow I.F.V using extra bricks from the other two models to attempt to improve on the older designs - and the extra pieces from the Tarantula M.B.T and Gnat T.S.V are going to be kept to one side - and I am going to buy some of the new bricks from the lego Hero Force lines to build TWO of these new beasts, ladymen and mentlegen, I present to you . . .

-----

- Scythian Rigel Kentaurus Armories -

- Third Generation Main Battle Tank -

- Tarantula M.B.T MK-III -

From this moment on, consider the older Tarantula and Huntsman designs obselete. A new multi actuator design has allowed a smaller, sleeker and more advanced 6 legged chassis for the Tarantula design, allowing for a greater field of movement - a larger weight distriubtion and newer construction materials for a more advanced armour composite. Combine this with a new, miniaturised version of the multi-core Anti-matter Generators in use about most Scythian Naval vessels, the Tarantula MK-III now has a considerably greater weapon load out.

- 1 Main Turret Heavy Bore Anti-Armour Laser Cannon
- 2 Side Turret Lance Laser Cannons
- 1 Underslung Anti-Armour Gatling Laser Cannon Turret
(All turrets rotate and have up/down motion)

The Re-designed weapons loadout allows thew Tarantula MK-III to become a heavier load work-horse for the Scythian Ground Army, capable of combatting Infantry, Light and Air Vehicles as well as Tanks up to the Heavy but not Super Heavy catagories.

-----

If I have planned this right, I could build TWO of these beasts with the lego I have now - I only need 12 of those Hero Factory legs and coverings, although I may find a way around this and use some of the older bionicle joins I already have and attempt to hide them using actual bricks . . . I will keep everyone informed of the RE-build/New-build as I go.

In the mean time - I don't have enough red and black bricks to build a new form of aircraft quite yet - but considering I have done enough LDD vehicles I feel now that it might be the next move . . . but I will openly admit I am struggling with inspiration for new stuff right now, so comments and critism would be openly appreciated.
Spoiler
Show

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:18 am

Good. But to me it looks more like a piece of artillery than a tank.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:20 am

That is kickass, I think you should try building it just like it is shown, unless you don't want to spend money on the needed parts.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 am

Apollyon wrote:Good. But to me it looks more like a piece of artillery than a tank.
When it is in brick form - its going to be angled slightly forward, so the gun will be level - it's just sightly difficult to do that in LDD.
Spoiler
Show

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Yeah those legs will make it look pretty supremely badass and mobile in actual brick form. I'm sure there's plenty of substitute bionicle parts you can use, and even make all kinds of variants with different armor or number of legs or something.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 am

The Great Scythian Empire hereby delivers a notice to ALL of the empires of the brikverse.

You will fuck with us, no longer . . .

- Rigel Kentaurus Shipyards -

- KINGUNDERTHEMOUNTAIN Assault Research Division -

- Scythian "Deity" Class Star Killer/Juggernaught -

This arms race of technological arrogance is hereby over.

The Immortals already had Super-Heavy Capitol class vessels, but they could be out-fought and overpowered given the right choice of arms, then the Pretorians decided they had to join the fight with thier Exodus Class Dreadnaught, then the Trattorians, now ever corner empire thinks they have one over on us . . . even the Brittanians think that they have the ability to take us on . . .

Our battleships started with the Monarch class, the King of the battlefield, then the Emperor, the Empress, the Despot - all rulers of space-borne combat . . . now we present the Deity Class.

Armed with numerous battleship-scale anti-fighter cannons - 6 Dual Turreted Super-Heavy Anti-Matter Projector Cannons and 4 "Star Killer" Class Anti-Matter Projectors, the Deity is designed to do exactly what it says on the tin - hunt down Enemy Fleets, Enemy Super-Capitols, Enemy Flagships, Enemy Planets, Enemy Solar-Systems.

And End them.

The Diety, in proven tests - has taken down a Trattorian flagship - and destroyed an entire solar system by causing its sun to catalyse itself in an Anti-matter Annihalation Event.

With the Scythian Empire now at War with the Trattorians, Pretorians, Brittanians, The Immortals and thier hoardes - we have come to the conclusion that we are no longer taking worlds back from the enemy - instead we are wiping out entire systems in single strikes to deny every enemy resources they could use against us.

The ultimate insult.

The stars will tremble before the power of the Great and Mighty Scythian Empire or they will be burned to husks in our wake.

Ragnablok is here.
Spoiler
Show

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:10 am

Star fucker! :iconcur:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:04 am

And THAT is how you edit.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 am

Just to show everyone the sizes . . . Yes, the Scythian Deity is only slighly longer than the Exodus - but Dwarves in sheer scale due to its widthspan.

And the Trattorian Flagship is simply dwarved by the Deity.

I love Natalya for coming up with the phrase "Technological Arrogance" it gives me so much to play with . . . :twisted:
Spoiler
Show

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:07 am

Wow Scythe, I really have to hand it to you this time. A tip of that hat.

Edit: May I dare to say, posting its lxf on the wiki as a resource for future forum battles? Not like I could imagine it featured much-in addition to the severe lag it would probably cause there are only three other nations that have ships that have even have a chance against it (My Athenia that set off this arms race, totally got pwned though, the Exodus, and the Conifer). Although I see brikspace battles getting ever more epic in scale I think ships like the Deity are pretty much the upper limit, there's still that limit of 25000 bricks in LDD.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 am

Colette wrote:Wow Scythe, I really have to hand it to you this time. A tip of that hat.

Edit: May I dare to say, posting its lxf on <a href="http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/">the wiki</a> as a resource for future forum battles? Not like I could imagine it featured much-in addition to the severe lag it would probably cause there are only three other nations that have ships that have even have a chance against it (My Athenia that set off this arms race, totally got pwned though, the Exodus, and the Conifer). Although I see brikspace battles getting ever more epic in scale I think ships like the Deity are pretty much the upper limit, there's still that limit of 25000 bricks in LDD.
Damn Colette, I'm flattered you hold my Conifer in such high regard...
Sure, it's literally bristling with weapons, but it's barely the length of this monster's foreskin...

Scythe, this thing is amazing!
My only complaints are that the bridge is an obvious weakness and the lack of point defenses, meaning this giant space dick is pretty vulnerable to Trench Syndrome.

Other then that, I'm glad this beast is on our side!
...You are on our side, right? :lol:

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 pm

That ship looks like a penis, and it came.