The Military of Trattoria

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: The Military of Trattoria

Postby RunsWithLegos » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 pm

they'd have to be made of Single atom core OT to even feasible.
Last edited by RunsWithLegos on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah, I was going to ask what you did for the OT Chain, then I realised you just used impossible transparent treads...

Still, nice work!

...Now, how do I make a giant drill using Nose Cone pieces...
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Honestly I could see a deity cracking these things open with it's main cannon no problem, but the idea would be to have enough of them to completely overwhelm the defenders and just crack right into them.

A craft like this, especially in such numbers, would be INSANELY expensive, and I honestly have no idea how much OT there is in the brikiverse. A fleet like this is either depleting the entire trattorian supply of OT, or they somehow have a way of producing it artificially. The Third Alliance could cripple the Trattorians by simply finding where they're getting it from...
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm

read the Single Atom OT

it'l explain how to make OT
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Colette » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Alright, so after seeing dilanski's post in the AN/TA war microspace thread, I was inspired to make some of my own civilian ships.

The Prometheus-class colonizer ship. A ship, but with a city onboard, it is designed to colonize entire systems with its cargo of people and supplies.

The middle section is divided into 4 modules, each divided into 4 domed districts. From front to back they are the agriculture module, the residence module, the government and business module, and finally the industry module. For some reason the screenshot was bad at capturing the districts, I can obtain pics without the bubble shield if requested.

The end consists of the bridge and the hangars. There are three levels, 2 fighter storage and one flight deck. The Prometheus can carry 208 fighters and 16 shuttles to carry cargo and fend off attackers.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Silverdream » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 am

Not technically a civilian ship, but still cool.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby NapalmKing » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 am

It looks like a very strong pull from the dome ships in Battlestar Galactica but more militarized. This ship kinda makes me think"government sponsored project to repopulate a world where the previous population was just slaughtered." I really like the detail inside the domes though.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.
TROLOLO
NapalmKing
Dimmy

Postby Alex » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 am

Nice ship! The level of detail is awesome.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:13 am

NapalmKing wrote:I really like the detail inside the domes though.

Indeed, both Dilanski and Colette did a great job with the micro domed city details.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby cherikov » Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Darfuq is that? You could positively not miss trying to hit this as it resembles the broadside of an armored mobile barn, overall though not too bad..
Ah, these diplomats! What chatterboxes! There's only one way to shut them up - cut them down with machine guns. Bulganin, go and get me one!
- Joseph Stalin - As reported by De Gaulle during a long meeting.
cherikov
Champion

Postby Whiteagle » Sun May 13, 2012 8:10 am

cherikov wrote:Darfuq is that? You could positively not miss trying to hit this as it resembles the broadside of an armored mobile barn, overall though not too bad..

...It's a colony ship, something that you probably shouldn't be sending into hostile territory in the first place, of course it can't be heavily armored.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Colette » Mon May 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Alright, alright, so we rolled out the DMF-class super-heavy dreadnought, but apparently blowing up stars seems to be the new fad amongst the hip star empires.

And so to solve this problem, we came up with...the McFaden, named after the famous Trattorian scientist. Nothing stops this monster, stars, Scythian Deities, TSOC Mastodons, even the gods themselves, all tremble and bow before the might of the McFaden or be rent unto dust.

Obligatory bridge shot. We improved upon defects in the Scythian Deity by adding point-defense and secondary weapons and making the bridge less prominent. Moreover, we saw a huge waste of surface area on the Deity, and decided to cram every possible area with primary turrets.

But of course, this is the show you came to see...

The McFaden functions by firing a specialized projectile that burrows down into the core of a star, and then detonating itself-in a story similar to the Hellbore, the McFaden’s railgun kinetic-kill drivers are classified as refrigerators due to their immense cooling capacity. Back to the technobabble, the projectile then freezes the core and halts all nuclear fusion. With nothing to counteract gravity, the star collapses on itself and its edges rebound, in an event better known as a supernova. The McFaden holds three of these special missiles in its massive holds-when they are all used up, the ship has cargo bay doors on the bottom and can simply use random space junk or even other capital ships as ammo. The barrel of the railgun is itself longer than an entire Deity (Scythe I’m sorry if I seem a bit obsessed with it but it’s the only ship of comparable class).

A scale comparison with other local starships, including a Praetorian Exodus (largest ship with a public lxf file), a standard Scythian Emperor battleship, and a Trattorian Midgetman frigate.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby RunsWithLegos » Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm

every one needs to stop it with these dick waving contests. we get it, your empires are cool. now get back to legos.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 pm

This is the Silvarian Miniature Frigate. It has Micro-buckshot, with working firing action. That's right bitches! No more shitty effects or gay pew-pew sounds, this baby will destroy everything in your house.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm

These microspace ships are getting fucking lame and boring, and the biggest ones look like penises.

It almost seems like the bigger the microspace ship, the less ingenuity and creativity is involved.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury