Fall damage

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Fall damage

Postby james+burgundy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:27 pm

can someone explain fall damage to me i need to use it at my new Bf?
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm

just like a collision between two objects. except one object is the minifig, and the other is the entire planet earth.

basically, this translates to +1d6 damage per 2" of fall.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Dr. X » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Dude, why do people keep asking for other people to explain stuff to them? I never ask for help, I either look at the rulebook(s) or usually make it up myself.

I can make up 2 different fall rules just by thinking for a few minutes:

Just off the top of my head:

Fall damage. To calculate fall damage is extremely easy. The number of inches the minifig falls is how much damage he takes. That means he has to fall 5 inches to kill him. Also, if the damage equals the minifigs armor, then the minifig is stunned (unconcious) until his NEXT turn is over.

A chart:

3 inches: The minifig lands clumsily, and takes a -1 Movement Penalty to get up.

4 inches: The minifig falls, hits his head, and is stunned for his next turn. He can't take any action until the NEXT turn is over.

5 inches: Roll a 1d6. On a 3-6, The minifig lands and his arm falls off. Rip off an arm or a leg, and sprinkle blood around the area. The minifig fires at -1 skill for the rest of the battle due to agonizing pain. On a 1 or a 2, the minifig DIES a horrible death.

6 inches: Roll a 1d6. On a 1-3, he dies. On a 4, he lives but is stunned AND his arm falls off. On a 5-6, his arm falls off.

7-8 inches: Roll a 1d6. On a 1-5, he splats on the floor in a pool of blood and comes apart. On a 6, he is stunned AND his arm falls off.

9 inches or higher: The minifig dies and implodes, blood, organs and limbs splattering the surrounding area.

There ya go, I just made that all up. It really proves that asking for help is unnecessary.

Also, I liked this chart so much I'm going to wiki it.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Blitzen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 pm

It's just the charge rules, like IV said.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Dr. X » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Blitzen wrote:It's just the charge rules, like IV said.

I like charts and custom rules bettar.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby james+burgundy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:05 am

Thanks iv looked for in in the rules but could not find it and with the skyscrapers iv got i need to know
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby feuer_faust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:13 am

Or:

Minifigs that fall from anything higher than 1 storey die, and that's that. Unless they happen to be a hero and want to use their feat to survive in some "I'm-a-ninja-watch-me-jump-800-feet-and-live" kinda way. Then it's up to dice, but maybe you should let them die anyways for being a pansy that doesn't want an undignified death.
It's a secret to everybody.
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Postby Blitzen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:15 am

Have you seen The Dark Knight? There was a scene when that guy fell out of the building and broke both his legs, but didn't die. I think he was three stories up.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen

Postby Dr. X » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:24 am

Blitzen wrote:Have you seen The Dark Knight? There was a scene when that guy fell out of the building and broke both his legs, but didn't die. I think he was three stories up.

Yes, that's possible. It all depends on how you land, but you'll most likely die. Anyway, I like my chart.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Blitzen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:37 am

Your chart was unnecessary, and overly complicated. It's more on the 2001 side of 2005, which, by the way, already has rules for object collisions.
Blitzen

Postby Dr. X » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Blitzen wrote:Your chart was unnecessary, and overly complicated. It's more on the 2001 side of 2005, which, by the way, already has rules for object collisions.

I like 2001, but where's the fun in using collision rules for falling? I just love making things more complicated.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby feuer_faust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Blitzen wrote:Have you seen The Dark Knight? There was a scene when that guy fell out of the building and broke both his legs, but didn't die. I think he was three stories up.

Twice, flinched both times (go movie phsyics). I just thought it'd be neat if minifigs died easier than people. :P
It's a secret to everybody.
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm

I felt really bad for that dude.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Return to The Rulebook