Subforum-ing is all the rage, so...

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Re: Subforum-ing is all the rage, so...

Postby Zupponn » Sat May 12, 2012 11:43 pm

No, I'm talking about those websites that come on here and say, "We're now selling this minifig gun in this BRAND NEW color!" And then leave, never to post until they start selling the guns in a different color.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Natalya » Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 pm

▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby IVhorseman » Sun May 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Zupponn wrote:No, I'm talking about those websites that come on here and say, "We're now selling this minifig gun in this BRAND NEW color!" And then leave, never to post until they start selling the guns in a different color.

How is that a problem? I like that they show up and tell us about awesome third-party weapons and stuff.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Blitzen » Sun May 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Natalya wrote:Image
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Zupponn wrote:No, I'm talking about those websites that come on here and say, "We're now selling this minifig gun in this BRAND NEW color!" And then leave, never to post until they start selling the guns in a different color.

How is that a problem? I like that they show up and tell us about awesome third-party weapons and stuff.

This goes triple for Badger. That man has so much class.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Sun May 13, 2012 2:52 pm

And BrickTW is nice too.

:<3:

On topic: Somehow this seems like a (not very) undercover attempt by Colette to gain modship.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Blitzen » Sun May 13, 2012 2:53 pm

You can't get anything by blatantly asking for it. Except sex.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby IVhorseman » Sun May 13, 2012 3:01 pm

:warhead:
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Colette » Sun May 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Arkbrik wrote:And BrickTW is nice too.

:<3:

On topic: Somehow this seems like a (not very) undercover attempt by Colette to gain modship.

Hey, at least I do it better than silva.

I honestly don't care though, there's hundreds of members here that aren't mods, I mean, are we going to promote all of them? That would be disastrous.

I wonder if I would get banned suggesting that roc77 become mod for something though...
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Keldoclock » Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 am

Sometimes, I miss the brickarms forums, and then I remember just how much crap there was on it. Including my own terrible armies!
Every once in a while I look back in, sometimes they have special deals for forumgoers and other times you can drool over prototype bricks. The Enigma That Is Badger is a pretty cool dude, although I wonder what Will(guy who actually makes the BrickArms) would think if he knew about this forum...

EDIT: Also this thread http://www.brickarmsforums.com/viewtopi ... =29&t=8592

EDIT AGAIN FOR CLARITY:

The thing with those forums is that there is far too much of this :

and not nearly enough of this:

stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:37 am

Relations are fun and all, but they're really only there to give us an excuse to commit simulated faction-based political atrocities, get tiffed at each other, and have the thing devolve into a brawl. It's Galactik Warfare, not Galactik Peacemongering. I'm pretty sure the latter is a punishable offense in most planetary systems by this point, as well.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Natalya » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:55 am

I don't know what that tank thing is, but I like it.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby the enigma that is badger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:18 am

IVhorseman wrote:How is that a problem? I like that they show up and tell us about awesome third-party weapons and stuff.

Several years back when I first started acting as the official spokesman for BrickArms, I noticed builders mentioned "Brikwars" fairly often. Not knowing what that was at the time, a quick Google search reveal the BrikWars site and this board. Surfing around, it was pretty clear the community here was more than interested about BrickArms, especially new accessories. I joined up, and the overwhelming response I got was that folks here were happy to have BrickArms news shared directly with them.

To be clear, I definitely make it a point not to spam this board with every bit of new BrickArms news. I only post the biggest BrickArms news items, particularly new releases and other news that has a strong connection to brick-gaming (like the new Hex Stands)

I do really like this board and community, and that's no small part of why I share news about BrickArms here. The reason I don't post more apart from addressing BrickArms-related matters is that I'm usually swamped with other online duties (particularly admining the BrickArms Forums) and given I don't actually play BrikWars (to my eternal shame!), I don't feel like I'd have as much to contribute.

And yes, Will definitely knows about BrikWars and this board; I've forwarded him links to a few of the wilder creations posted here, and he definitely digs the "more and bigger is better!!!!" vibe when it comes to weaponry ;)

Silverdream wrote:This goes triple for Badger. That man has so much class.
Keldoclock wrote:The Enigma That Is Badger is a pretty cool dude

Thanks for the kind words! Really, posting and treating others the way I do is just sort of who I am, and I do genuinely enjoy my role in the community.

Keldoclock wrote:Sometimes, I miss the brickarms forums, and then I remember just how much crap there was on it. Including my own terrible armies!

Well, we've all got to start somewhere! The key to the BrickArms Forums is that the core BrickArms audience tends to be, but certainly isn't exclusive to, the key LEGO demographic, namely younger builders. Some are incredibly talented out of the gate, but many start out using only the most basic techniques. Considering that's likely how the vast majority of us likely got started in the hobby, I think that it's worthwhile to be supportive of and give honest, helpful feedback to even to the rainbow-est of warriors. For the most part, they're more than well-aware their building skills aren't to the level of more practiced builders and genuinely want to improve; feedback that positively cknowledges their efforts and challenges them to do better can help ensure they'll keep building.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
the enigma that is badger
Officer

Postby mgb519 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 am

I mostly miss the days when you sold direct, because it was more convenient.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby the enigma that is badger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 am

mgb519 wrote:I mostly miss the days when you sold direct, because it was more convenient.

Will enjoyed being that connected to BrickArms fans as well, but with the volume of orders he was receiving on a daily basis, it was impossible to process all those orders and have time to work on new designs and projects; the move of BrickArms to a wholesale business allows Will to put a much larger amount of time and effort into bringing new accessories to builders.

Also, with all the official resellers Will has, it should be easy for you to find one that works best for you. An added plus: the healthy competition between resellers means most regularly offer sales, exclusives, and other promotions, allowing you to get more for your custom accessory dollar (or pound/euro/whatever currency of your choosing).
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
the enigma that is badger
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements