Zombie Stats

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Commander Jimbob
Demi-God of BrikWars

Zombie Stats

Post by Commander Jimbob » Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Hey everyone, I'm quite new to BrikWars (I only found out about it a week ago) but have become instantly obsessed. I have yet to play my first game, but in the mean time have been making stat cards.
Here is one I've come up with for Zombies - I still have the editable Photoshop file, so if anyone has any suggestions then I am easily able to make changes:

I have loads of others, if anyone would like to see them just ask :D

sjosten
Minifig

Re: Zombie Stats

Post by sjosten » Fri May 25, 2012 7:35 pm

I like it. Nice job with the stat card. One thing though, why can't normal zombies pick up weapons? I understand limiting it (Zombies don't usually aim and shoot rifles) but flat-out banning weapons seems a bit off.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Fri May 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Perhaps they keep any weapons they had, but ranged weapons become improvised weapons. To reflect the unskilled nature of the fresh zombies, you could always give them a boneriffic D4 for Skill.
It's a secret to everybody.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am

You could also have a non-lethal hit deliver zombieitis, which deals an additional 1d4 damage every turn. It works off of the rules for fire in that it also takes a d4 out of their armor every time they take damage. The good news is that this is pretty much as far as you need to get into the fire rules for it to work: you don't have to worry about zombies breaking down a building like fire would so you don't need those rules.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Commander Jimbob wrote:I still have the editable Photoshop file
I read this as edible.

Commander Jimbob
Demi-God of BrikWars

Post by Commander Jimbob » Sun May 27, 2012 3:54 am

Thanks for the replies, I don't have time right now but I'll make modifications and upload them soon. I haven't seen the rules for fire damage (I've read the 2005 rulebook and am currently reading through the 2010 one), could anyone point me in the right direction?

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Sun May 27, 2012 11:11 am

Possibly referring to IV's Homebrew Rules for Fire.
It's a secret to everybody.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Nope, just chapter 8.3.4 of the 2010 rules. Here's the condensed version for your zombies:

The simple idea is that anytime someone is hit by a zombie attack, zombie-itis is transfered to them as well. The zombosis does 1d4 damage to the minifig at the beginning of the turn - usually this is non-lethal. If a 1 is rolled at this time, then the subject's immune system fought off the illness. Unfortunately for as long as they are infected, a minifig will also take an additional 1d4 damage from all attacks, as well as -1d4 to skill. An infected unit that dies is considered to have been killed by a Trained Zombie, and would rise on their next turn.

bigbigdogbig
Hero

Post by bigbigdogbig » Mon May 28, 2012 2:38 pm

looks interesting, but 9 cp seems a bit steep. same stats, move 4" minus weapon (make it some sort of bite attack) and have them cost 6 cp.
I hate weddings. Old people would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped when I started going up to them at funerals and poking them, saying, "You're next"

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue May 29, 2012 2:11 am

bigbigdogbig wrote: 9 cp seems a bit steep.
Well, seeing as how you can just start turning enemy units to your side, I think it's too low.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

bigbigdogbig
Hero

Post by bigbigdogbig » Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 am

well, asuming the hostile player knows what the trained zombie can do he will most likly do everything in his/her/its power to blow the trained zombie to hell and back before it can transform his/her/its units. If the price was lower the player could field more of them and have a chance to arrive at the front lines.
I hate weddings. Old people would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped when I started going up to them at funerals and poking them, saying, "You're next"

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 am

1d4 skill would drop him by a CP or 2