QoP: Head Separator Part III -- Turn 3

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: QoP: Head Separator Part III -- Turn 3

Post by Zupponn » Mon May 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Natalya, just start having them move as far as they can and ignore the rest of the orders if they're too far away. If people cannot be reasonable about their orders, then punish them for it by not giving them any chances to redo them.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon May 28, 2012 8:22 pm

I think part of it might be that different people who are running forum battles have differing levels of adherence to the rules/level of fudge.

There's people like you who stick to the rules pretty consistently.
Then there's people like me(and most others) who stick to some rules, but not others (I.E. movements can be fudged, weapons and skill capabilities can't)
And then there's people like warhead who are willing to fudge virtually everything, so long as it's awesome.

Those are some pretty vague references, but I'm sure you are getting the picture. Depending on the person who is running the game, "Brikwars" could be any number of different games with different rules, so this is sort of to be expected.

My way of dealing with this was as follows; In krysto, somebody had said that they wanted to self-destruct a vehicle,or maybe it was even one of the buildings, but there weren't any pbb buttons for self-destruction or even any explosives anywhere near any of the player's figs.... Therefore that player just did whatever his orders for the last turn were all over again. Looking back at that battle, that player didn't do very well. Therefore, a bit o' advice:

rather than simply ignoring "impossible" orders, have the player's figs attempt to do whatever it was that they were ordered to do even though they can't actually do it. (I.E. for the ninjas, they give up their movements to sprint to complete as much of their orders as possible. For the self destruct thing, the figs search around the field for some explosives so that they can build their own self-destruct function.) This way, the players will end up less angry at you for "ignoring their orders", while at the same time making the game rather humorous as we all watch them fail miserably. 2 cents has been given.

Anywhore, this turn is looking excellent so fa,just as all the others, hopefully the people who didn't send in orders will get on it soon.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon May 28, 2012 9:34 pm

piltogg wrote:rather than simply ignoring "impossible" orders, have the player's figs attempt to do whatever it was that they were ordered to do even though they can't actually do it. (I.E. for the ninjas, they give up their movements to sprint to complete as much of their orders as possible. For the self destruct thing, the figs search around the field for some explosives so that they can build their own self-destruct function.) This way, the players will end up less angry at you for "ignoring their orders", while at the same time making the game rather humorous as we all watch them fail miserably. 2 cents has been given.
I think that's what I was trying to say. I really liked when Robot Monkey ordered his troops to attack some Ruffians in my forum battle, but there were none left alive, so I just had them move in the direction of the dead bodies while yelling and screaming.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 pm

If I recall correctly, everyone has sent them in, I've just gotten the first 5 players done.

But yeah, I'll figure something out for when people give ridiculous orders.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention to just how far the tank was. My bad.
I'd have fewer problems if people would stop doing my orders before I can, though.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 29, 2012 1:03 am

Assyrian Star Empire Commandos and Soldiers -- Played by RunsWithLegos

"They just blew the wall... This position is compromised."

"All right, we gotta rig this to blow then get the hell out!!"

They rig one of their Heavy Laser Rifles to the gate controls. If it is not disabled before someone tries to operate the gate console, it will explode and destroy the console and probably kill whoever touched it.

They leave through the door.

The officer tells Major Smith about the wall being compromised, and that there is now a rifle ready to explode if someone tries to mess with the gate.

Up on the roof, the Captain attacks the Wampa, but it dodges his laser sword.

The Sergeant goes for the Dragon, but it blocks his sword with its claws.

Assyrians all over the area start to move out of where they were stationed. The wall is in danger of being breached.

Assyrians come out of the buildings around the map where they had been stationed, heading to the front line.

Inside the bank commandos bust out the windows, ready to shoot whoever comes through the hole in the wall.

The Star Commandos leave the red building and the last Death Bike drops down from the wall.

On top of the wall the two remaining Assyrians engage with the Terrorkhan, but they make no kills. This ends the turn for the Assyrian Commandos and Soldiers.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 29, 2012 1:08 am

MAOX Death Korps -- Played by BFenix

Major Riker gets in the catapult.

He goes a little far, but catches the rail.

Getting up, he takes note of the metal concert nearby.

The rest of his men move up towards the hole in the wall.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 29, 2012 1:14 am

Assyrian Armoured Division -- Played by Natalya

Impatient, the Armoured Car charges out the gate, guns blazing.

A Black Knight is destroyed after being shot in the face and run over at the same time. One of the Inquistadores behind it gets crushed to death by its armoured bulk.

The side gun fired by the driver also had an impeccable roll... double-sixes to hit. That means this Black Knight's arm-missile got hit.

The blast kills it.

The Dreadnought also charges the gate, just not as fast as the car.

An Akkadian and an Immortal get taken out by the lasers. The Vulcan Cannon misses.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 29, 2012 1:21 am

The Vanquisher rolls back, rotating to the left.

It opens fire on the Death Wall, aiming near the holes.

The holes that were started by the attackers are now twice as large, and the tank is looking right at them.

Now it fires the Particle Beam.

Two fanatics and one of the Death Korps are killed.

Note: I moved the Ninjas out of order, but that's all they did this turn anyway is move up. They were supposed to go after my team. None of them would have been hurt by this blast though, so it doesn't really matter. I didn't have them shoot at the tank, but I don't think it matters because their only heavy gunner still can't see it and they all sprinted to get where they are so they wouldn't have been allowed to shoot anyway.

The Assyrian Soldiers who were inside the Vanquisher hop out the back.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 am

The Spider Tank takes a small step to the left and fires a missile.

It is a direct hit, but the tank's armour protects it. No damage is done.

And the tank steps back to the right a little bit. This ends my turn.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 am

I thought I had everyone, but it looks like I still need orders from Warhead for turn 3.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 29, 2012 1:37 am

mgb519 wrote:Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention to just how far the tank was. My bad.
I'd have fewer problems if people would stop doing my orders before I can, though.
You should coordinate with your team mates. I keep writing who plays what team at the start of each team's round for a given turn, so you can see who they are.

All of your guys have different abilities and stuff, if you coordinate you can use each one's strengths. For example, the Akkadians and Immortals are heavily armed and armoured. They are the ones best equipped to fight the Assyrian vehicles. The MAOX Death Korps have the same kind of armour as the Assyrians, so they won't die as easily as unarmored minifigs. The Fanatics are lightly armoured, but they have the catapult truck so they can get someone where they need to go really quickly which is a valuable ability if it is an important minifig such as a hero, or one with a heavy weapon. The Space Ninjas can climb up and down walls really fast, which has obvious applications here. Sure I just blew a huge hole in the wall and now my tank could murderate your guys, but that's only if you go through the hole. Spyder Gynmastics could let you do something like scale the wall, then jump back down between the wall and the bank where the tank can't get you. Then they could bust the bank windows and assassinate the Assyrians inside it. These are just ideas, you obviously don't have to take advice from me since I'm not on your team, but everyone on your side should be thinking about what targets their men can take out versus which targets they should avoid.

The game dynamics can change though, so it is good to have contingency plans. As a BrikWarrior, I often think outside of the 'have these guys shoot at those guys' mindset. Instead, if things aren't going the way I want them to then I'll do game-changing stuff like blowing up my own wall to gain a tactical advantage. You guys can try the same sort of tactics, you just have to be creative, but this is BrikWars, you can get away with stuff here that you couldn't do in Warhammer or some other more straightforward games, so be prepared to think of something cool.
  ▲
▲ ▲

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

Also keep in mind how awesome non-combat actions can potentially be. Sure a guy that sprints gives up his shooting action, but he could potentially be sprinting 30" with the right dice rolls. Response actions are totally friggin sweet too: the commandos in the bank will get them vs. anyone pouring out of that hole in the wall, and anyone who'd saved any up would have had some nasty surprises for Natalya's forces that just busted through the gate.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Tue May 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Nice move blowing the wall up, I doubt I'd have done that. I can learn <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> from this stuff.
Time to predict the next move of the guys at the hole in the wall...
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue May 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Lol, Natty, check it out: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... &start=165

Not going quite as expected, but you better get ready! :wink: