Beautiful Summer Days

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby muffinman42 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:42 pm

America Vs Canada, eh?
America wins, as it includes Canada.
...

Welp either way, it summers over here in Blighty has been very warm, it's been up to 26 today! (28 inside!), though apparently rain and cloud is making it's way back; the clouds are already gathering and i fear that summer is over as quick as it came.
User avatar
muffinman42
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: Gale Crator

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby Whiteagle » Tue May 29, 2012 1:03 pm

muffinman42 wrote:Welp either way, it summers over here in Blighty has been very warm, it's been up to 26 today! (28 inside!), though apparently rain and cloud is making it's way back; the clouds are already gathering and i fear that summer is over as quick as it came.

...That's in Celsius, right?
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 2:48 pm

muffinman42 wrote:America Vs Canada, eh?
America wins, as it includes Canada.

Image
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby 501stCadians » Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm

War of 1812. That is all.


EDIT:

Oh, and in Fallout, the US annexing Canada was one of the reasons they started to lose the war at home, causing Riots in most major cities, demoralizing the population. As a result of that and constant drilling, not many people went to the Vaults on October 23rd, 2077, resulting in mass deaths in the United States.

TL;DR: Fallout 3 America annexing Canada meant they fucked themselves over majorly.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 3:45 pm

When my old history teacher taught us about the War of 1812, he said 3 things:

We Won.
We Lost.
We Tied.

All 3 are true from the perspective that you look at it.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby 501stCadians » Tue May 29, 2012 4:16 pm

IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby Silverdream » Tue May 29, 2012 8:44 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ortona

Canada is good at war. We are resource rich, and have a disciplined army, navy and air force. The only problem being that our military is small and limited by our small population, which is why we can't swing our dicks around in international politics.

Canada, as far as second bananas go, plays it great. Canada's loyalty to Britain and later the United States are friendships only limited by our own nationalism.

http://static.zerochan.net/full/17/22/463617.jpg

Here is a nice picture juxtaposing the rich histories and cultures of both Canada and the United states, centered around two very aryan looking north americans.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 9:11 pm

There's a reason we have an unpatrolled border between the two countries. We're pretty similar in many respects.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby feuer_faust » Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Zupponn wrote:There's a reason we have an unpatrolled border between the two countries. We're pretty similar in many respects.


True. Despite very loud bitching one way or the other, I don't think very many Americans are going to sneak into Canadia or vice versa.
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby Zupponn » Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 am

feuer_faust wrote:
Zupponn wrote:There's a reason we have an unpatrolled border between the two countries. We're pretty similar in many respects.


True. Despite very loud bitching one way or the other, I don't think very many Americans are going to sneak into Canadia or vice versa.

At least not since Vietnam. :troll:
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Beautiful Summer Days

Postby IVhorseman » Thu May 31, 2012 4:04 am

except for drugs and alcohol of course.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6530
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests