Introducing: The Paladine Imperium

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

tymon555
Officer

Re: Introducing: The Paladine Imperium

Post by tymon555 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 pm

DeltaV wrote::studgod: Damn good dropship, damn good fighter planes, dat mech!
Robot Monkey wrote::666:

I like this!
BFenix wrote:Anyways, the Judicator is simply phenomenal, imposing! :studgod:
Falk wrote:Both the Osprey and the Judiciator are very, very impressive.
RunsWithLegos wrote:WELCOME BACK

awesome forces!! i am drooling :twisted:
Colette wrote:Holy shit man. I thought the drop ship was impressive enough on its own, but after that mech...you have an army in Natalya's league. Only two words in the english language can describe this awesome: :666: .
Alex wrote:All of your vehicles are :666: :boss: . The Osprey and Judiciator are especially epic.
Zupponn wrote:With all this awesome stuff here, the shock troops were the things that caught my eye. :)
Oh, He's here.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 am

The size of that mech is impressive! Looks like it can easily take on some SHDTs.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:18 am

Apollyon wrote:The size of that mech is impressive! Looks like it can easily take on some SHDTs.
Dude, it IS an Super Heavy Death Tank, just one that has learned to walk upright...

Oh GOD... THEY'RE EVOLVING!!!

Chinook
Officer

Post by Chinook » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:26 am

:<3:
But that mech...so sexy
No one is home

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 am

I'm gone for one day and I miss both the return of Trebnos and his new badass faction? Although those fighters aren't really my thing, the mech and those royal marines are some of the coolest looking things I've seen this week.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Your forces are powerful individual forces of might, but they'd be overrun by the larger factions here like Natalya's. You'd still put a massive dent in their forces though.

That mech is definitely the main selling point. I'd just make lots of infantry and maybe a couple support vehicles just to take out ninjas who will eventually scale up the leg of that mech or something.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Apollyon wrote:The size of that mech is impressive! Looks like it can easily take on some SHDTs.
Dude, it IS an Super Heavy Death Tank, just one that has learned to walk upright...

Oh GOD... THEY'RE EVOLVING!!!
Well that's what the concept of a mecha is... Armour of a tank, mobility of infantry.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 pm

I love the way you used the UCS Imperial Shuttle wings on the Osprey, it works perfectly. I think the Osprey is my favourite of the bunch, and those shock troops are looking really cool.

Goddamn, that mech...
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Natalya wrote: Well that's what the concept of a mecha is... Armour of a tank, mobility of infantry.
What? No feedback? I'm hurt, truly I am.
Actually in all seriousness I was hoping you could give some criticism on the mech, being the goddess of heavy armor and whatnot. I'm eventually (hopefully by summer's end) going to have the pieces to blast this particular machine for something more ambitious. This guy's a little weak at the knees, topheavy and his free-swinging shoulder sockets are driving me mad.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm afraid I'll have to be odd man out and declare the hummingbirds to be the most win... it's those folding wings. :D

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 am

trebnos1 wrote:
Natalya wrote: Well that's what the concept of a mecha is... Armour of a tank, mobility of infantry.
What? No feedback? I'm hurt, truly I am.
Actually in all seriousness I was hoping you could give some criticism on the mech, being the goddess of heavy armor and whatnot. I'm eventually (hopefully by summer's end) going to have the pieces to blast this particular machine for something more ambitious. This guy's a little weak at the knees, topheavy and his free-swinging shoulder sockets are driving me mad.
I'd give it hips. Ok, it would make the mech even heavier, but the ability to have 360 aim without having the legs to trip over rubble is worth it.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Okay, I like the Judicator overall, but if you want some critiques then here we go...

Some parts of the design are pure ossum, like the missile launcher embedded into the right shoulder. The construction for the arms is also good. And yes, this looks like a Warhammer 40K Titan which IMO is a pretty good format for a giant mecha such as this. The legs are okay. Maybe try putting some plating on the insides of them, using this piece and the empty holes on those technic bricks. What I would consider to be a design flaw is the way some elements don't feel like they are part of the mecha. For example, the armoured plates on the sides of the cockpit and the guns attached to them look like you just stuck them on as an afterthought, or in a hurry to complete the model. I'm guilty of that too, especially if you look at older versions of the Sonks. This criticism also applies to the weird wing-things sticking out of the back. They don't make much sense. The right arm lasers also look kinda shoddy. The left arm cannon is okay, but perhaps it is a little too big? It just looks like it is probably hard to balance.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:03 pm

It's good to look at what other builders did to make awesome creations. The first picture, yeah there are a lot of problems with that one, but the shape could give you some ideas. The second one, notice how everything fits together seamlessly? All components feel solid and they fit in with the whole mecha overall.

▲
▲ ▲

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Now that looks deadly. Alright, I'll get back to this after the Subjugator blows up (shouldn't be too long...). Thanks!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 pm

An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.